Chapter 36

UNTITLED
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

The day of the Manila concert, Dara didn't feel an ounce of nervousness. She was more excited to be back on stage again. If any, she couldn't contain her happiness. Save for that one time when she was getting ready and it finally hit her, how different it is, now that she was alone. She almost had to stop and lock herself inside the bathroom to have a mini-crying session, missing the girls she grew to love so much. How she would give up anything to be back on stage with 2NE, even just for a night. However, she pushed the melancholy behind and focused on the moment. Tonight, she gets to be onstage next to Kwon Jiyong, legendary Korean singer-songwriter-rapper, all around hottie. 

 

He was too tired to go to rehearsals the morning of the concert but she was fine by it, because she actually suggested that he gets more sleep. He's done the concert so many times and she's confident he'll do well. The two-song part that she was to do with him, they'll do impromtu. She fully trusts that he will guide her. They were able to meet and have a quick snack in the afternoon before they both got ready and he didn't hesitate to assure her that it will be an easy show and that she should only have fun while on stage. 

 

Jiyong had big plans for M.O.T.T.E in Manila. He was actually very much relieved when she suggested he take some much needed rest instead of going to the concert venue for rehearsals. This gave him time to gather his hi-tech dancers and plan something that would involve, surprising Dara and making his fans happy. Truth be told, at a point where he's ready to just tell the whole world how he feels for Dara. The only problem is - is Dara ready? He keeps trying to not overthink things. He knows how she feels for him, but he's not very sure why she keeps avoiding the talk. God knows, he's tried many times, but she's casually and smoothly avoided all his attempts. 

 

"I want to do something special tonight." he started, after the male dancers all arrived at the hotel dining area, where the breakfast buffet is often served. It was past the breakfast time, and the space was empty, save for them. 

 

"Like what?" Jung Heon asked. Good question, he thought. He basically doens't have a clue. He knows he wants to make the show special for Dara and the plan should revolve around her. 

 

"I... I really want... Okay so, Dara.. Hmm, so..."

 

"You want to surprise Dara?" his dancer, good friend, finished for him.

 

"Yes. Yes, that."

 

"Cool. How?"

 

"I don't know." he was at a loss. He wants to give her the world, but how does he even start? He looked at the guys gathered around him. They all look expectant. He now wished he actually thought of something before asking to meet them. 

 

"Jiyongie, you want to make it official with her?" Jung-hyeon asked. How does he even say it's not official? He just shook his head no. 

 

"I just want her to feel special and happy to be honest. I wish I thought of an actual plan." he laughed shyly. Can he act any more whipped in front of his buddies? Lucky for him, everyone just looked quite pleased. He heard no teasing at all. They must have known about his feelings for awhile now. It's not like he's went out of his way to hide it. 

 

"How about asking her to join us for encore? That way she gets more stage time?" suggested one of the Kwon twins. He thought about it. That's not such a bad plan. He's never done it with any of his special guests. 

 

"That's actually good. But maybe also, you can get her to stay on stage until after? And I'll do something..." 

 

"What will you do, hyung?" asked another dancer

 

"It's a surprise. If I tell you, you'll tell the crazy dancers, and everything will be ed." he joked. 

 

When they finished finalizing the plan he phoned his stylist. 

 

"Hey, it's me. I just want to know do we have any PMO outfit that can fit Dara?"

"Oh don't worry, her stylist will dress her in a y red number to fit the theme of M.O.T.T.E" 

"No no, I need something else. I want her to join me for encore. I want something that may match my look."

"Oh. Does the stage manager know about the change of plans?"

"Don't worry about it, just think of an outfit."

"Yeah, sure. I'll arrange for something. She fits in all of your clothes, possibly better than you do anyway! Haha."

"Thank you, noona. Ah noona, did you say she's going to be in a y red number? What does that mean???"

 

Before he could even tell her to change Dara's outfit, his stylist already hung up on her. She probably already guessed how he will be opposed to too much skin showing from his precious Dara. 

 

~~~~~~~

 

He can feel the vibration from the screams of the fans in Araneta. The cheers were too powerful, more powerful than any other city they've visited during the last two months of tours. He knows he has to give a lot of credit to the Philippine's princess. He could not be more proud of what Dara has achieved outside of Korea. If he had known the reception would be like this in Manila, he would have made a 2 day concert out of it. 

 

The moment she was elevated up the stage, he took all his powers to fight the giddy smile threatening to show on stage. She took his breath away. With her flowy hair, red lips and long slim legs. Before she even showed up, he already

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter