BONUS CHAPTER

UNTITLED
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

To be able to pull off something as grand and as private a party to celebrate what was the most talked about elopement in South Korea's entertainment industry is something only the rich and powerful can afford to do. And that's Jiyong and Dara. Rich. Powerful. 

 

When they discussed where, when and how they can do an intimate (and super private) wedding party, they had to decide whether to do it in Jeju (Jiyong's preference) or Palawan, Philippines (Dara's preference) In the end, to be able to accommodate majority of the guests, they chose Jejudo. Initially, they wanted to have it done at their newly purchased (first ever investment as husband and wife) 1.5 hectare plot of land in Jejudo but to build a home with guest house(s) would take time.

 

They chose End of March 2020 as the target date. A perfect spring-time wedding.  However, they only just began planning when they came back from their honeymoon/vacation in January. Leaving the couple only 3 months to prepare. So instead of complicating things, Jiyong decided to book the entire Lotte Resort Jeju Art Villas for a week. He's stayed at this resort several times in the past and what makes it different from other places is that all of their villas are masterminded by world renowned archictecs. Each villas are classy, yet simple. Making use of Jeju's gorgeous nature as it's core background. 

 

The two, though both popular all over the world, are actually painfully shy people. They made friends all over, but only a few people are considered close friends. That's why it didn't come as a surprise when at the end of their discussion over the people to invite, they ended up with only 75 people in total. These include only close family, Bigbang members & parents (Seungri's parents invited even if their son is away serving at the military), 2ne1 member, close friends both in Korea and Manila, and a few handpicked friends that they work with, such as managers, stylists, etc. 

 

The first two days at the Art villas is for the prerations from their planner. They wanted to be hands on, but they also wanted to enjoy the moment - no bridezilla here. They trusted their event organizer to do all the work. She's expensive, but worth it. Because from day 1 to day 3, everyone had a wonderful time.

 

Cherry blossoms were lined up on the stairs of the community center, where the reception will be held. The effect was breath taking. It softened the strong lines of the architecture. A dozen tables had tall clear vases that where generously filled with white tulips flown from Holland, and placed as the centerpieces. Candles were lit and string of lights defined the space, creating a look similar to a starry sky. 

 

They kept the place simple and classy. Nothing too over the top. In their minds, their actual wedding already took place in Italy. Both wanted to keep the memory of their elopement special and sacred. This means, no vows will be made in front of their guests. They've already done that anyway, so it's no longer necessary. The gathering that would happen is to celebrate their love and marriage with their family and friends. 3 full days filled with love. It's also an excuse they want to give their friends so they can all relax and destress from life. All expense paid, ofcourse. As a gift to everyone they love. 

 

Majority of the guests arrived early morning on the first day of the celebration. The official wedding celebratory dinner would happen on the same day, after the guests had a time to rest and get comfortable. Just as they wanted, it was a simple gathering among family and friends. Their good friend and the nation's MC, Yoo Jae Suk hosted the celebration. The comedian-host gave so much life to the party, throwing funny banters with their other good friend, Jo se-ho, who also acted as a co-host to the celebration. 

 

It began as a sit-down dinner, where the couple showed up looking every bit of the royal couple they are. The two surprised everyone with a matching look - black slim tuxedo jacket on top of a crisp white button down shirt, and simple black trousers. Both suits were custom made by Chanel. The only accent each of them had was a simple white daisy boutonniere pinned at the lapel bottonhole. Dara's long hair was styled in soft waves and a 3-piece daisy was pinned at the back, while Jiyong had a neat and y do. 

 

When dinner was finally over, Yoo Jae-suk introduced the couple's best friend Seunghyun as the first person to make a toast. The eldest Bigbang member, got emotional as he talked about the couple and wished them luck. 

 

"Good evening ladies and gentlemen, and single lady friends of Dara! My name is Choi Seunghyun. I'm single. Just throwing that out there, because both my bestfriends have gotten married and I'm feeling the single man life, more than ever! Haha. Anyway, moving on, to the matter at hand - Jiyong and Dara.  

I've known Jiyong since we were teenagers. We started as struggling kids, determined to make it big in the industry. We've witnessed each other's failures and successes. He is one of my best friends in the entire world.

... and I've known his wife, Dara, for 15 years and she's become my greatest inspiration and strength for the past three years where I've struggled in life. These two amazingly beautiful people, coming together, is like the universe rewarding us all, because we get to witness true love, at it's finest." 

 

Top faced Dara and smiled a genuine smile. He saw the happiness in her eyes and that alone made him start to tear up. 

 

"Jiyong has loved you since he was 19. Was it 19? He was young then. Ambitious, driven and passionate. He's wanted to be the G-dragon that he is now, but he's not wanted anything more than you. You and him, together. He wanted you to be his wife, possibly since the first time he saw you. You are his end goal. He's ed up one too many times but I've never doubted his sincerity and love for you. Otherwise, I wouldn't have given him blessing. I've been wingman to him, and I've seen him with other ladies, but I've not seen him as happy or content as he is with you." he winked to Jiyong then. 

 

He faced Jiyong, 

 

"Dara is the kindest, most generous, to a fault, woman I know. She's also the most loyal. Know, Jiyong, that she will forever dedicate her life, taking care of you, and making you feel every bit comfortable. She's done it for me and she doesn't even love me as much as she does you! So imagine just how well she'll treat you. She will give you beautiful children, and care for them just like she does you.

I am not a married man myself, but I have a few words of advice to pass on. Be kind to one another.  Even on your darkest days, remember to be kind. To think twice before hurling hurtful words. Never go to sleep on an arguement. Make sure to kiss and make up before you sleep at night. So that you can always look forward to waking up next to the love of your life. And last, but not the least - make each other #1 priority. It can be easy to take relationship for granted when you are THE G-dragon and THE Sandara Park, or should I say, Kwon Dara. But at the end of the day, you will go home to one another as man and wife. And that should always be put first. 

 

Thank you for throwing this wonderful party. Thank you for allowing us to witness and celebrate your love. I'll forever be grateful for knowing you both. Now, yeorobun, let's raise our glasses to the newly weds, even if WE WERE ALL NOT INVITED to their romantic Italian elopement. I still hate that by the way" he winked. 

To MR. & MRS. KWON! May your life be filled with happiness, love and beautiful children!"

 

No one would believe it, but the more emotional one between the two is Kwon Jiyong. It was evident by the tears that formed during the speech that Top gave. He felt the overwhelming happiness from being married to Dara and surrounded only be the most important people in their life. He felt lucky. The luckiest! He was still hugging Top when Yoo Jae Suk called his name and asked him for his own speech. 

 

"Thank you, hyung. We love you!" He started. Feeling awkward and nervous. 

 

"Hello everyone! All of you here know I'm not the

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter