Chapter 21

UNTITLED
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Sandara had her feet up on the coffee table while comfortably lounging at Top's living room. She had a bag of opened chips on her left side and three pillows stacked on her right where she rested herself. Her full attention on the lead character crying on the screen. "Yah! Coke or Juice???!!!" Top screamed again from the kitchen. She peeled her eyes away from the TV and answered "Coke juseyoooooo"

 

Top went and joined her in the living room with a can of coke and a can of beer. She scooted a bit to make room for him. "Hey, pay attention to me. I don't have much time here you know, I'll be enlisting and you won't have anyone to boss around anymore!" Top complained. Sandara reached for the remote and turned the volume of the TV down. Not really wanting to turn it off. She faced her friend and smiled contentedly. "I will miss you Tabiyaaaa." She said sadly. She really will miss him. He has been her rock for the past two years. They have a beautiful friendship no one can describe. Their oddness drew them to each other. Though at first, she admitted to having a little crush on him (Come on, have you seen his face? How can one not have a crush on him??) but after getting to know each other, she realized she can not see him in a romantic light. 

 

"Everything going well with your new boyfriend?" 

"He's not my boyfriend. We're just... I don't know, going out?"

"Isn't that the same thing, almost? Or am I too out of it Haha. I haven't dated in forever!"

"Yes, but you sleep around." she winked which earned her a hearty laugh. 

"You like him? This guy?"

"Aisshhh. He has a name, you know! Jung Joon Young. Awesome singer, all around funny guy!" she said proudly. 

"Whatever, so you like him? He's good to you? Takes care of you?

"I do like him. He's an interesting guy." he acknowledged her answer by squeezing her knee. 

Both friends didn't speak for awhile. Comfortable silence only achieved after being friends for a long time. Dara increased the volume of the TV and started watching again but faced her friend when he spoke. 

"Jiyong wants you back." he said. 

Dara ignored him and continued watching her drama. 

"He's sincere. He's gotten his together. He wants another chance." Top added. 

Dara ignored him still. Not even giving him a glance. 

"Dara..." 

"I don't care, Seunghyun!" She said, voice louder than normal. "Jiyong and I, that's not gonna happen again. I've learned my lesson."

"He's changed and I'm not just saying it cause he's my friend. He still has feelings for you."

"I have feelings for him, it's called CARE. I care for him because he's my friend. We're friends. He thinks he wants me back because he realized I'm no longer pining for him. That someone actually likes me. He's jealous. It's all his massive ego working." she said impatiently. She rolled her eyes and continued. "For once, he's no longer the center of attention and he wants it back, the attention. Not my love. Why? Who the hell knows, right? He no longer has that Japanese model and now he thinks he can go back to his ex-girlfriend? Tsss. Tough luck. I'm not gonna feed his bruised ego. He doensn't really want me back, Tabi. Not really. I don't want to fall in his trap. I won't know how to recover if he decides to leave me again. I'm sure he'll find another Japanese model to satisfy his needs, cause I sure won't be it!" she ended her speech feeling extra exhausted. The past week after Jiyong told her he wants her back left her feeling so confused. Sleepless. Except for nights Joon Young would sleep over and cuddle her to sleep. She's closed the Jiyong-Dara chapter of her life. She didn't want to go back and open it again. She was scared of the feelings resurfacing. Anytime she her mind would wander to her happy days with Jiyong, she would immediately push it down. She was scared of her own emotions. The two years since the break up felt like a lifetime. The stabbing pain in her heart took a long time to disappear. Her wounds felt like it only just healed. She didn't want to feel all these again. 

"Sorry for snapping at you." she said. Immediately regretting her sudden outburst. She was frustrated. She didn't know what to make of Jiyong's admission. The annoying part was, after his "I want you back" declaration, she didn't even hear from him at all! No messages, no calls, no nothing. She wasn't a bit amused with this push and pull. Not again. She was also mostly pissed off with herself for even questioning why Jiyong wasn't actively trying to get in touch with her. Why does she even care? 

"It's alright. I can tell you're confused. Don't worry Dara, it'll all be okay." her friend smiled at her. He put his arm around her and tried to be more comfortable in the couch. "I'll be gone for two years, I want to make su

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter