Chapter 35

UNTITLED
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

When Jiyong landed back in Seoul on the 1st of August, it took him all of his will power not to rush to Dara. He arrived late afternoon and was driven straight to the apartment he sometimes shares with his parents. He is sitting in the middle of dinner with his family and his body is about to give up from exhaustion but that's not what worries him at all. It's when and how he can get away from the dinner to rush to Dara. 

 

His mother, being the observant lady that she is, sense his uneasiness and gave up after a few minutes. "Jiyong, eat your food. Dara is still working. Even if you rush out of the house now, she won't be able to meet you right away anyway. So finish your food, take a shower then leave." 

 

"Ahhhh Omma!!!!! Komawo! I love your food!"

 

"Pssh. Stop with that nonsense. You barely touched your food. The sooner you finish eating, the sooner you can get out of here!"

 

"Neh, saranghe!!!" 

 

His mother was right, of course because when he arrived at Dara's apartment at 10 in the evening, she wasn't even home yet. He tried calling her but the phone just kept ringing and ringing. No answer. He's sent her more than a dozen messages informing her that he's back but only got one reply which was to inform him that she won't be home yet but she's trying to finish work asap. His eagerness to see her is the reason why he is getting more and more annoyed at Dara by the minute. They've not see each other for a month, the least she could do was rush to him, right?

 

When she showed up before 11pm, all his annoyance melted away when she sees her walking inside with a teddy bear, a massive balloon that says "I MISS U" and take out chicken. "Surprise!!!!" she yelled! He walked to where she was at the door and took all of the stuff she was carrying and placed it on the counter near the door. Then, he carried her bridal style to the bedroom. He proceeded to make love to her until they were both spent. 

 

"Welcome back, Jiyong."

"I missed you."

"Me too."

"Best home coming ever!"

"Pfft you barely looked at my presents! I went around town looking for a balloon that says I miss you!"

"Was there a balloon? I only saw you get in. You're all the homecoming present I need!"

"Aisshhh. I'm hungry now, Jiyongie!"

"Me too! Want me to order in?"

"Nope. I actually bought Chicken. And there's beer in the fridge!" 

"Wait here, I'll get it."

The two didn't leave the room until 2pm the following day, when both their bodies could no longer deny their hunger. Two days later, Jiyong flew to Australia. On the night that he left, Dara found an envelope on her bedside table. She knew right away that it's from Jiyong. His leaving this time around didn't feel too bad for her. Maybe because she knows that he'll only be in a different continent for two weeks, then back in Asia again after. Knowing he'll be near makes it better. 

 

When she opened the envelope she saw instructions. 

STEP 1: READ ME!!!!

Hello my love. I will be away again but not for long. Don't miss me too much, arasso? keke.

I know you miss being on stage and I hope you allow me to give you the best gift I can think of - please perform on stage with me, in the country you love the most? 

She was confused and couldn't understand what he meant but she started getting nervous. What is Jiyong up to? She thought. She placed the card on the side and picked up a second envelope. 

 

STEP 2: OPEN ME!!!!

BUSINESS CLASS TICKET SEOUL TO MANILA

AUGUST 30, 2017

 

She gasped! With hands starting to shake, she took the third card. 

 

STEP 3: Read me, juseyo!!!!

Park Sandara-ssi, will you be a guest on my M.O.T.T.E in Manila show? Please say yes! 

ps- Sajangnim will call you tomorrow to talk to you about it. We both want you to say yes. 

pps- I miss you everyday that I'm away. 

 

She doesn't know if it was the happiness from the thought that Jiyong loves her this much to want to give her what she's been wanting for for so long or the fact that she will finally be on stage again, but she started crying happy tears. She was itching to call Jiyong and talk to him but she knows it won't be possible since he's on flight to Australia and it will roughly be a 10 hour flight. 

 

She opted to send him an email instead. One she knows he will read when he arrives. 

 

My Dearest Jiyongie, 

I don't know what I did to deserve you. 

Thank you for making my dream come true. 

Yours, 

Dara

 

ps- of course, i'll perform with you 

 

~~~

 

It was on the 12 of August when Dara arrived home to find a package waiting for her at her door. She didn't need to read the label to know that it came from Jiyong. Both have been busy the past week and barely had time to talk to each other on the phone or even send instant messages. The time difference was not helping the situation as well. However, it didn't really bother her all that much because by this time, she was already excitedly

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter