Chapter 43

UNTITLED
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

When she woke up that day, she didn't, in a million years, think that it would be the beginning of another heartache. Just like most days, she started her day early. Being the morning person that she is, she excitedly got ready for her day. Checking her schedule, a smile formed in her lips when she realized that it will be a non-stressful day for her. She had gym session in the morning, two meetings during the day for her PR work for YG and a dinner with her long time friend, fellow-2ne1 member, Bom. 

 

Admittedly, she is much closer now with Chaerin, but in the past, she was just as close, if not more, with Bom. They shared the same age, and shared the same experience of living away from Korea. They immediately clicked because they were both odd. Bom, even though born the same year, acted as a reliable noona to her. Even after the scandal she got in, and her conscious act to hide from the public, they made time to send each other messages regularly. And on occassion where Bom feels less insecure about going out, they would meet for lunch or dinner. 

 

Tonight was different. Tonight, Bom actually invited her for dinner at her apartment. She said she would cook. She invited Chae as well but her maknae/leader was out of the country. As soon as she finished work, she drove to the nearest grocery to buy wine and chocolotes for her friend. As a way of saying thank you for hosting the dinner. When she arrived, she was enveloped in a tight hug.

 

When she got there, she found that Bom has also invited two of their back up dancers during their 2ne1 days. She was excited to be hanging out with the girls. The last time they saw them was when she joined Jiyong for his M.O.T.T.E tour. Just like the usual, they spent hours eating, drinking and gossiping. It reminded her so much of the old days and she missed her two other girls, Chaerin and Minzy. 

 

"So what have you girls been up to?" she asked her friends at the table. 

 

"Noona, we're now on a break. I get 1 month off to rest. Touring is so tough! My body feels my age now." they all laugh. Being able to relate. It was so different to the time they we're younger. Abusing their bodies from dancing was easier back then. Now, every muscle hurt and recovery took longer. 

 

"I'm starting to sing again. Just the normal practice a few hours a week." This surprised everyone. No matter how hard they tried convincing Bom to go back to what she's good at- singing, she was still so discouraged about the past scandal and the hate she still gets from people. The news of her trying to go back to singing made everyone feel happy. 

 

"That's nice, Bommiyah. We miss your singing voice. It's a shame if your talent will go to waste." She said, then reached out and squeeze her friend's hand. 

 

"How about you, unnie? Busy with work and Jiyong oppa?" her dancer friend teased. She felt her face redden. She has not told Bom about Jiyong and was actually planning on maybe bringing it up to her that night. The dancers had an idea because they were with them during M.O.T.T.E. 

 

"Jiyong?" Bom asked. "You guys working together again? I heard your M.O.T.T.E participation with him went well!"

 

"Neh, unnie. It was so fun watching them together. They made the fans crazy." one dancer added. 

 

"It was a success, yes." she said. Feeling a bit shy, and not really knowing how to bring up the fact that they're dating again. Just as she was about to say something,

 

"You know just this morning, I heard that stupid dragon started dating this nobody from After School. Haissst, that ex boyfriend of yours really need to pick better girls. Jinja, everyone is just a downgrade after you."

 

"What are you talking about?" she asked. Feeling her hands becoming cold and clammy. Hair at the back of her neck standing. Just what the is Bom talking about?

 

"That's not true, unnie. He's n

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter