Chapter 45

UNTITLED
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

When she walked out of his apartment, she actually didn't even think about how the hell she's going home. She wished she thought it over better because when she went down to the parking lot, she realized she actually drove his car and not hers. So she felt dumb walking around trying to find a cab at 10pm. It's safe in Seoul. It's not like she was gonna get mugged but she didn't have a fast with her and she's worried people would recognize her. 

 

She walked to a nearby coffeeshop, hoping it was still open. It was closed, but it was right next to a 24hour shop so she walked in, bought random mints so she had an excuse to be inside, instead of freeze outside. That's where she called a cab company to get her. 10 minutes later, she was at the back of a cab headed home. By the time Jiyong realized that she was out of the apartment, she has turned her phone off. 

 

As soon as she got home, she got under the hot shower for a good 15 minutes to ease her tense muscles. After drying her hair, she went to bed, only to toss and turn trying to replay the conversation she had with him tonight. He didn't deny anything at all. Other than the fact that he said they were only friends, she definitely took noticed of how he did not say no when asked if he's slept with the other girl. She saw the panic in his eyes when she showed him a photo of his jeju villa, with the girl and his manager standing right in front of it. Something fishy is going on and she refuses to be a fool again. 

 

She jumped when she heard someone try (and fail) to get in her apartment. It's Jiyong, she knows. But she was also smart and figured he would end up bothering her tonight which is why the first thing she did when she arrived back was to change her passcode. She can feel her heart beating fast. He was now banging on her door, calling her name. "I know you're in there, Dara. Open the ing door." She walked quietly to the living room, down to the apartment door and tiptoed to look out the peephole. She saw him looking pissed off. ing jerk still looks good. She jumped back and covered when he started pounding on her door again. "Open the door or I'll cause a commotion, Dara! I'm not even kidding!" he threatened. 

She ran back to her bedroom and hid under the covers. Like a fool thinking he might see her. She heard him try more numbers on her door. Not one worked. Ironic because she actually used his birthday as her new code. A few minutes later, the noise stopped, a sign that he has given up. 

 

When she was finally able to sleep, it was 10 minutes to 5. 

 

She woke up at 8am to her manager calling her at her home phone. She apologized for not answering soon enough and explained that she fell asleep with her phone turned off and she had to be ready in an hour. Thank god for working home phones or she would have slept longer. She turned her phone on. Finally ready to see how many messages and calls Jiyong left for her

8 missed calls

12 messages

Listen, come back and talk to me. There's no reason for you leaving the house. 

Why do you even read the news? You know most of it is crap!

Come back babe, it's all nothing. NOTHING. Some nonsense people made up!

Okay fine, the photos were real but she means nothing to me and I won't cheat on you. 

I've learned my lesson. I will not hurt you again. My mistake was just going to a stupid dinner that I didn't know 

I'm coming over. Let's talk this is silly.

Did you change the lock? Why would you even do that?

Open the ing door. 

Why are you doing this to me, babe. Open the door!

I know you're there babe, let's talk please. I really just want to explain things. Please. 

Fine. I'm leaving but I'll be back tomorrow and we'll talk then. 

I'm home now, my love. Won't you at least send me one message? I want to know if you're okay. Please don't think too much of things. It's really nothing. I love you. I really love you. And I wish you were here with me and everything would just be okay again. I love you. 

 

His last message made her chest hurt. The most ironic part of all of this is, she wished she did sleep on his bed beside him last night too. She wished she could see his face and hold his hand. However, this time around she was gonna be smart. She's not going to let the past repeat itself. She will speak to him. She had no plans on avaoiding him forever, but last night, when he just didn't have a good enough argument, she lost it and didn't want to deal with him. So today, she will wait until he talks to her again and this time around, she will listen. 

 

It didn't take long for him to get in touch with her. When she got in the YG van that picked her up at her apartment, her phone rang and just as expected, it was him. 

 

"Yeoboseyo?"

"Finally! Dara-ya! Don't put the phone down, arasso? Listen to me."

"Arasso. But I'm in the van with the team on the way to work so I can't be on the phone for long."

"That's fine. Listen - none of the things written on the news are true. NONE OF IT. Except for the dinner I had alone with her. It happened but it meant nothing. I didn't cheat on you. You have to believe me."

"Okay."

"Okay? Babe? Are we okay?"

"No. No we're not. There's so much to talk about but I can't right now because I have work."

"Okay we'll talk after you finish. Do you want me to pick you up?"

"No. I'll meet you after work."

"Come over mine then."

"No. I want to do it somewhere else. I'll send you the name of the place later."

"Babe?"

"What?"

"I'm scared. This doesn't have to be like this if you just believed me." 

"Let's talk later, okay? I have to go."

 

She put the phone down before he could even say bye. She vowed to calm her

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter