Chapter 5

UNTITLED
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

His body felt cold. He could feel the hair at the back of his head standing. He just could not believe what he is hearing. He removed his stare from her. Looked away and focused his eyes towards the buildings. This rooftop used to be their sweet escape. A place where they will find solace when they were both still young and sneaking around to avoid another hour of dance practice. This is where they go to know each other more. This is where he asked her to be his. Why did that feel like it was just yesterday? But it wasn't. It was almost two years ago now when he surprised Dara with the admission -

 

"Dara noona, I love you." He nervously said.

She looked up at him, confusion written all over her face.

"What?" she whispered. Like she didn't believe her ears.

"I love you." He repeated.

She remained quiet but didn't look away.

"I'd keep it a secret but it's consuming me, this feeling. I just want to say it. In case I stand a chance at being worthy enough to be with you." He said it so confidently that she had to smile.

"Aisshhh. Pabo ya!" Dara said. Smiling. Smiling lovingly at him. She didn't say she loves him back, not until after 3 months of secretly dating. But she did hold his hand and said so casually, like it was the most natural thing on earth.

"What are you doing just standing there for? Go feed your girlfriend!" She tightened her hold on his hand and pulled him close. He laughed. The laugh of a guy relieved to be accepted. They held hands going towards the elevator to the canteen.Only letting go when they noticed people. 

 

Young love, he thought. Now they're back at the rooftop and he is torn between begging her back or jumping right off the rooftop, and ending his pain. He didn't do any of those Instead, he forced himself to face her again.

"I ed up big time, huh?" he asked. She didn't answer, just smiled.

"I don't know what to without you." He bravely confessed.

What's there to lose? He thought. It's not like he can up harder. She's slipping away and he doesn't know what to say to make it all better. His head has all the words but his mouth refuses to say it all. Is it because he knows she's better off without him? Is it the guilt of knowing that he has broken her trust. He has slept with Kiko. He was sleeping with and if he had to bet, he'll end up in her bed again tonight. To fill the empty space in his heart. 

 

"It's not just you. I realize that I've also neglected your needs. I am so worried and excited about my work and I kept thinking, what if it all goes away? What if the world realizes I barely have talent? What if YG sees my mistakes? All these doubts and uncertainties. In the process, I forgot about your needs. I was too comfortable being the woman you love. I don't remember if I asked how you are. If you're still happy."

She breathed heavily. She didn't want to admit it to herself at first. She was so angry at him for breaking her heart. For going to another girl. For ending the relationship. She only wanted to see Jiyong's misgivings. His faults and flaws. She remembered many nights Jiyong begging her to spend time with just him and not with their group. She thought he was just being anti-social and even accused him once of just being and wanting to keep her in bed. She tried hard to recall the last time they spent together with just the two of them, but all she can think of are days hanging out with their friends. Partying at the club. She didn't even enjoy going to clubs! "He didn't cheat on you." She remembered Top saying to her on that night she heard Kiko on the phone. "I'm not just saying it to make you feel better. He really didn't. He spent time with that girl but never without other people." She believes it to be true. Jiyong, as restless as he was, as tired and neglected and annoying as he was, would not cheat on her.

 

"I do not remember when we last said I love you to each other." she continued. "I don't remember when it stopped. It must have been awhile back. You must have been right. We are no longer happy. I was blinded by the "girlfriend" title. Thinking if you still thought of me as yours, then everything is fine. I'm sorry too. Sorry for not giving my best. We did try. It just.. it just didn't work out."

 

She felt her heart breaking, the

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter