Chapter 42

UNTITLED
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

When Dara told Jiyong that she will take some time off to spend with him in Jeju, the very first thing that came to mind was that it would be the perfect time for him to seal the deal. And no, that doesn't just mean him asking if she can be his girlfriend, but he wants more than that. She's his end game. He wants to make her his forever and ask for her hand in marriage, however - when he actually spoke to his friends Youngbae and Daesung, both didn't really give him a positive feedback. 

 

"Why are you rushing into things? Didn't you two just got back together?" the voice of reason, Youngbae, asked. 

 

"Is it really rushing? I've loved her since I was a teenager, pretty much!"

 

"Right, but you were together for what? 2 years? Then broke up. Now, you guys are hooking up again and you want to take it to the highest level, hyung. You shouldn't go too fast, hyung." Daesung said.

 

He was slowly getting pissed off. When Youngbae invited them over to hangout at his place, he envisioned his two friends getting excited over the news, just like the support and enthusiasm he showed Youngbae when he announced that he has finally proposed to Hyorin. How is it that he's not getting encouraging words? 

 

"The years we were apart doesn't matter! We love each other now. I want to spend the rest of my life with her." I said with conviction. Though he was wondering why he sounds so defensive. 

 

"It does matter though, because Noona was hurt. For a long time. We were all witness to her barely hanging on. While you were busy flying in and out of Tokyo and on a relationship with Kiko. You might be together now, but don't disregard the time she was hurt." Youngbae said. He kept his mouth shut and changed the subject after that. He's not gonna win this argument, he realized. He has no right to even try to win it. His friends were right. He has to take it slow. He didn't wnat to risk scaring her away. Or pressuring her to do anything she's not ready to do. 

 

This is how he came about with the many surprises for her when she came to Jeju. He was preparing her for a lifetime with him, and to do that, he was meant to impress and sweep her off her feet. From the moment she steps out of the airport, he will treat her like the queen that she is. 

 

On her second day in Jeju was also the day that their friends arrived. He planned an entire day filled with fun at an amusement park. This in itself should be a testament for his love for her because he's not a fan of extreme rides and he's willing to spend hours watching her do everything she loves. After making her breakfast (more like asking his assistant to get up early and order breakfast) and spending the first few hours of the morning sitting outside, relaxing by the garden, our their friends arrived to hang out by the pool. No one was swimming of course, since it's almost the beginning of winter and temperature has dropped significantly, but it's still a perfect time to hangout outdoors. 

 

After a leisurely lunch of delicious seafood and soup, they all went to Jeju Shinhwa World. 

 

"Jagi, don't go running around like crazy. We'll cover every ride you want to go to but don't get overly excited, arrasso?" He asked her sweetly, but with a hint of teasing in his voice. They were both at his car and he was driving them there. His staff and friends all riding separately. He wanted a bit of alone time, before they go to the park. He knows he needs to at least keep his distance when they're in public. 

 

"What are you talking about? I don't get overly excited!" she pouted. 

 

"Was it 4 years ago when you puked your guts out at the gate because you had too much cotton candy and popcorn and insisted to ride every extreme ride there is?"

 

"First of all, I don't even remember that. Second... I don't think it's even here in Jeju!"

 

"Oh so you do remember? Cause you know it was in a different amusement park!"

 

"Shut up, party pooper!"

 

"Jagiya....
 

"Neh?"

 

"Can we hold hands in the park?"

 

"Of course not. Don't be a pain about it. Endure it for a few hours. You're not a kid so don't even consider throwing tantrums. We don't want to get anyone's attention."

 

"I hate th

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter