Chapter 26

UNTITLED
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

The following month after the end of her relationship (can it even be considered that?) with Joon Young was one of her busiest. She flew to Manila to shoot episodes of the reality show she was a judge of and any time outside of the reality shoot filming was used to do more photoshoots for product endorsements. She was thankful for the blessings and the busy schedule because it left her very little time to think about the disbandment of 2NE1, the end of relationship with Joon Young, and the feelings she still has (though vehemently denies) for Jiyong. 

o0

January come and gone and towards the end of February she secured a permanent gig as a host of a beauty show which allowed her more time to push back feelings of sorrow. She goes back and forth from Seoul to Manila more frequently and she's gotten used to being around her friends in the Philippines which in turn made her slowly forget about Joon Young and Jiyong altogether. Or at least, she thought of them less. As promised to her, JJY did still act as her friend. Sending her messages from time to time. Jiyong as a whole different story. He sent 0 messages since the conversation at the rooftop, which left her confused and frankly hurt. So much for still being in love with her, she thought. 

 

By March, she no longer needed to go back and forth to Manila which allowed for her to film the Korean version of the movie Begin Again, One Step. Her determination to forget about her personal life lead to her working so hard for this movie that she only had one retake during the entire filming process. A record even most movie actors can't boast about. On the rare days that she was free to rest, she spent home playing with her cats or hanging out with her We Broke Up family. As much as she was constantly seen on TV, she still maintained her privacy. She preferred it that way. With her head still in turmoil, she found that she isolated herself from the world. 

 

But, she can't always bury herself in work or hide from everyone. 

 

After three months of silence she finally saw Kwon Jiyong when she exited one of the recording rooms in the YG building. She just finished recording a particularly tough song for One Step and it took her almost four hours just to practice with her vocal coach. She was exhausted and all parts of her body hurt from the workout she had in the morning. She jumped from the shock of seeing Jiyong about to enter the room just as she was about to exit. 

 

"Jiyongie!"

 

"Dara!" 

 

She bowed her head at him. Which took her by surprise as well because WHY WOULD SHE EVEN BOW TO JIYONG?!? She really needs to get a grip when it comes to Jiyong all sense and reason just goes out of the window. She was about to say more and ask him how he's been but she remembered how she looked. Exhausted and unkempt because who knew she would be running into her exboyfriend today? She was in her workout clothes (though already clean and showered) her face is bare of makeup and she knows she's sporting panda eyes because she did toss and turn last night, thinking of him. Missing him. 

 

So she decided to step out of the room and flee and she took the opportunity to do so when her vocal coach called Jiyong's attention. But instead of making a quick escape, she found herself being pulled back in. Jiyong grabbed her wrist so she can stand in front of him. She looked up at him only to see that he wasn't even looking at her. "I'll be there in a bit" he told the coach. The trainer looked at them suspiciously, shrugged, then got back to work. 

 

She felt Jiyong's gaze on her and she looked up to confirm, he was giving her a dorky smile. Ahhhh the playful Jiyong is back, she thought. He's back and he is not letting her wrist go. 

 

"Ya, Ahjumma! You're not even going to ask me how I've been???" he looked funny, faking insult. 

"How have you been, Jiyongie?" she asked, extra sweetly, at the same time, taking a step back, moving a bit away from him. He's too close, she really can not think straight. But Jiyong had other ideas. He hardened his hold on her hand and gave her an amused look. 

"I've been well, much better now that I've seen you. Omo! Park Sandara-ssi is in the building!!!" They both laughed. 

"Listen, I've got to review some demos of the trainees with the coach but it won't take more than an hour. Where are you going? Do you have a schedule today?" she heard a hint of urgency in his voice which instantly warmed her heart. 

"I was planning on just getting food at the cafeteria then heading home to sleep." Jiyong looked at his watch then snickered. "Pffft. It's only 4pm! Sleep? You're truly showing signs of aging, ahjumma!"

"Yah! Ahjussi! I meant nap. I need to nap cause I'm tired!" the topic of her age always irked her. Maybe because Jiyong was well younger than her, and she was used to defending their age difference when they were still together in the past. 

"Stay here with me. You can sleep on the couch if you get tired." he insisted.

"WHAT???" she looked at him like he just suggested she the floor. Why was he asking her to stay? Didn't he say he has work to do? 

"I've not seen you for a long time and I want to spend

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter