Chapter 19

UNTITLED
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Jiyong wiped the tears away from Dara's face. I'm sorry. He's finally given a chance to say it to her, face to face, like she deserves. He wiped the tears from her face. Not wanting to see her hurt any longer. I won't hurt you anymore, he vowed to himself. From here on out, he will only work on bringing her smiles and laughter. He realizes just how lucky he is at the moment. She's allowed him to open up to her, to spill his deepest regrets. That's progress in and of itself. 

 

"Gwenchana?" he asked when he noticed the tears have stopped. He breathed a sigh of relief when she nodded her head. He got up and walked to the kitchen to get her a glass of water. 

"Here, drink." He pushed the glass to her. She did what she was told without questions. He was still nervous but he wanted to keep it together to make her understand his sincerity. 

"Still drunk?" 

"Anneyo. I'm okay."

"Good. Because I think you have more questions and I may have some questions for you as well. That is, if you're not too sleepy yet."

"I'm not sleepy, no."

They both paused. Trying to guage how each other was feeling. Closures are a , but then that's not really what he was looking for. He was doing this for a purpose and one purpose only. To win her back. If it means showing her all his weaknesses and hurting her again by bringing up the painful past, so be it. He will do it right this time, he vowed. To hell with everything. She still didn't say anything so he decided to start. 

 

"Do you still hate me?" he wasn't even sure if he wanted to hear the answer to this one. 

"Yes." she answered so quickly he had to lift his head to see her face. The sting from the answer immediately gone when he saw her face. She was smiling. Then she laughed. 

"No." she clarified. "Yes and no, maybe." She sighed loudly. "I did hate you. I hated you for dating Kiko so soon after we ended things. It was so unbearably painful and I always wanted to know why you chose her, but then over time, the pain disappeared and the hate disappeared as well. Maybe hate is even a strong of a word. But I was definitely angry." 

"I'm sorry." he found himself saying again. This night maybe is meant for all the sorries he should have said a long time ago. 

She nodded her head. She acknowledged. The smile on her face turning sad. 

"Why did you choose her?" she asked. He felt her getting braver with the questions. 

"I don't know. I was being stupid. I wish I know how to answer that. I want to be as true to you as I can, but I really don't know."

She nodded her head, seeming to understand but her face betrayed her actions. She looked unsatisfied with the answer and he was at a dead end. He really didn't know what he was thinking then. When he asked for the break up, he regretted it immediately. Wanted to take it back the minute she left the house. And he did. He tried to take it back, but she didn't allow him. So he did what he thought would ease the pain, he found comfort in some

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter