Chapter 51

UNTITLED
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

He watched as she happily ate the food they ordered that was delivered to his apartment. It's dinner time and she's managed to spend the entire day with him without any drama. But the later the day gets, the more anxious he feels. Are they okay? Is she staying the night? Are they back together? Should he bring up the relationship conversation? Does she still love him? So many questions but he doesn't want to ruin the night with his insecurities. He reminded himself to enjoy the moment, in case it doesn't last long. In case she suddenly realizes he's not deserving of her attention. 

 

He watched as she put more food on her plate, while trying to stuff her face with more meat. "Eat slow. The food is all yours, no one will take it away from you, ahjumma! I knew we should've gotten food earlier. When you get way past hunger, you start eating like a monster!" He teased but he's worried she'll feel uncomfortable later tonight and it will result to her leaving for home earlier than he wants. He didn't want her to go home. But he didn't want to ask her to stay the night for two reasons: She might still be needing some space and he didn't want to seem so needy. 

 

"I'm fine. I just love this! I can eat this everyday!" she beamed. This isn't true, he knows. Because she wants variety in her food and she'll want something else tomorrow. Though she might crave for the save food the following week. "Let's go buy ice cream after this, okay?" she added. Judging by the amount of food she ate and the dessert she still wants after, he's almost certain that she's nearing that time of the month. In a few days she will be craving for chocolates and if she doesn't get it, she'll turn into a maniac. He smiled at himself, thinking of how annoying and cute she is when she gets her period. 

 

"Yah! Pay attention. Ice cream, okay?" 

 

"Arasso, my queen!"

 

"WHY ARE YOU SMILING CREEPILY, JIYONG????"

 

"Nothing. Just thinking you'll have your period soon since your craving for sweets heigtened!"

 

"Don't be creepy."

 

It was rare that he would allow for the two of them to walk to a convenience store. Normally, he has everything he needs at home or he would have a manager close to him, readily available to get him whatever he needs any time. But since Dara arrived at his home that morning, he called Taehee and told him to get the day off. He wants some private time with her. The nearest GS25 store near his apartment building is a short 10 minute walk. When she suggested they just walk there instead of getting in a car, he immediately said yes. The fresh air and the night walk was something he could do with. They both put on matching caps and face mask and covered up to prepare for the cold night. It took them a good 30 minutes to get back home. It would have been quicker if she wasn't so indecisive about the sweets she wanted. In the end, he bought way too much of everything. 

 

After she finished her ice cream sandwich and jelly beans, she started hinting that she should go home soon. He debated with himself if he was going to stop her but in the end, he just volunteered to drive her home instead. His heart started to ache, the familar pain it felt when she walked away from him that time at the restaurant, asking for space. He felt it immediately after she got

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter