Chapter 7

UNTITLED
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

2016

 

"Is Dara noona here?" Seungri asked. They were at one of the YG conference rooms for a meeting regarding their tour. An important tour because this will mark Top's last before he enlists in the military. "She's going to be here in the afternoon, she said. Though I doubt she'll make it. She's taping Sugarman right now and it normally goes on until the evening." Top said. Hearing Dara's name didn't make his heart do backflips anymore, though he still noticed how his ears would perk up with curiousity. They did end up being friends. It was awkward at first, but it had to happen eventually since there's no avoiding each other when they are under one management company. Time heal all wounds they say, and though it did take an awfully long time, it did happen. He was in a much better place, and so was she. He ended up being in a long term relationship with Kiko, though, that too ended bitterly.  

 

One thing he admired about Dara was how genuinely kind hearted and friendly she is. She was always the one who went out of her way to say hi. To ask him how he's doing. Bumping to each other inside the YGE building was a common occurence and at first, it was the stiff hi's and hellos, which then turned into "How's work?" to "I watched you at this and that". Conversations improved until nothing felt forced anymore. It had a lot to do with the Bigbang members genuinely loving her company and 2ne1 girls adoring him. There's no way to avoid hanging out with friends. Though he has less interactions with the girls now that they're on a hiatus following Bom's scandal, she still always made time for the Bigbang boys once in awhile. Dara being very active on variety shows and endorsements, she's almost always in and out of meetings at YGE and he was constantly working on music in one of the studios.

 

An afternoon in 2015, after hours trying to compose songs, he went to the canteen and saw Dara alone eating while also seemingly smiling at something on her phone. He hesistated but only for a second. "Eating alone?" he asked. She looked up and smiled instantly. No trace of awkwardness, no hidden bitterness. He saw a genuine smile and his whole body felt warm. The Sandara effect. Making cold days warm. Anytime. Always  "Yes. I missed breakfast and only just now having lunch. You?" He looked at the cafeteria buffet from where they were at her table and said "Anything good on the menu?" Dara happily pointed to her food. "This is good. Though, actually, I'm too hungry to tell if it's good or bad." That earned a laugh from him. "I'll get some food and join you, okay?" It didn't sound like a question. He didn't really want to ask. He was exhausted and hungry and Dara's presence is just a perfect break from work he needed. She nodded and he walked away looking for food. 

 

Once back at the table, the two ate and chatted casually. There's so much catching up to do. It's been months since the two had a conversation longer than two minutes. Always the expected "How are you doing? or "How's the girls (2ne1)/ boys (Bigbang)?" Far from how it was in the past where they would spend hours talking on the phone when they were on long out of country tours about anything and everything on the phone until one of them (Always Dara) falls asleep.

 

"I watched your web drama." he said. "You were very good." He wanted to cringe. He didn't know complimenting Sandara post relationship was embarrassing. He was always one to shower her with praises when she did well on stage but the dynamics has changed and it resulted to him blushing like a school boy. "You always like watching dramas!" She teased, then continued "Thank you. It was difficult. I acted a lot in the Philippines and had workshops but it was still difficult." At that time, Dara just finished another web series though it was yet to be released. "Do you like doing varieties or acting more?" He was curious. The two met when both were still young but both only ever did singing and dancing together. He has occassionally heard her talk about

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter