Chapter 49

UNTITLED
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Her plans of possibly seducing Jiyong was quickly forgotten when she entered the reception hall for Taeyang and Hyorin's wedding. Everything was so romantic and magical and her hopeless romantic heart couldn't help but be filled with such lovely energy that all plans were forgotten.

 

When another slow music played and loud cheers were heard from the wedding guests, Dara couldn’t hep but smile and feel happy for the couple. She was just about to take a photo of the newlyweds when she felt someone lightly grabbing her elbow. When she looked up, she saw it was Jiyong. She gave him a questioning look. He smiled timidly at her then whispered to her ear. “Come here.”

 

“Where?” she asked, but he didn’t answer. He guided her to a far area, a small aisle that lead to the kitchen. The space was poorly lit but she can see his face clearly. Her heart started beating wildly. It’s been awhile since she was this close to him. It was a struggle to catch his attention when she was busy admiring the love between her two friends while busily spending time catching up with Chaerin and her other labelmate friends. She barely caught a glimpse of him but even then, he was happily chatting with people.

 

“Dance with me.”

 

He didn’t give her a chance to think about it as he wrapped an arm on her waist and took her hand and held her close. She was too surprised to react and nervous they will be seen. She looked back to where the crowd was. Almost all the guests were gathered around to watch the newlyweds dance again. She felt her body relax since she realized they won’t be seen. She slowly looked up at Jiyong, only to see that he was looking at her with sad eyes. She looked away, not being able to handle his gaze. 

 

“For all the pain I’ve caused you, Dara, mianhe. For every tear that you’ve shed, I’m sorry. For the unbearable nights, the long and dragging days, Mianhaeyo. For everything that you didn’t deserve - I’m so sorry.”

 

She heard sincerity in his voice. Heard the suffering. She tried to hold back the tears. She avoided saying something for fear of crying so she nodded instead. She didn't plan for an emotional encounter with him. She wanted to maybe get his attention but did not plan to feel like this. 

 

She felt him tighten his hold on her, and she allowed herself to get comfortable while she relaxed her head on his chest. He moved his right hand to her head and started caressing her hair while still swaying to the music. She listened to his heart beating fast. She suddenly felt embarassed for forgetting that he's hurting from the space she's asked, and all she could think about on the way there was how to get him to get in her pants. She felt the turmoil in him and she wanted so badly to tell him it will be okay, but she didn’t know that. She didn’t know if it will be okay. She didn’t know what will happen in the future at all.  

 

“The next time I dance with you again, it will be to our first dance as husband and wife.” he said it with such confidence that she had to look up to check if he heard him right. She saw his face and he saw determination in his eyes, but it quickly changed into sadness. and she instinctively touched her hand to his heart. He placed his hand on top of hers. 

 

“This heart. This heart is yours. It will always be. Do not doubt, my love. I will repent all of my mistakes. The time that I will be away from you, I will mak

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter