Chapter 18

UNTITLED
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

The good thing with drinking alcohol is it gives you the confidence to speak your mind. The bad thing about drinking alcohol is - you get the confidence to speak your mind, but then you're not quite sure why you wanted to say it in the first place. 

 

Spending an evening with Kwon Jiyong was really really nice, until she decided to ruin it by asking a question she's wanted an answer to for so long. She didn't know what got into her when she invited Jiyong over. She thought she heard something in his voice, something unusual, something she needed to find out. She was lucky she had food in the fridge so inviting a hungry friend over is just the right thing to do, right? Nothing wrong with that. Except, she's still unsure how to clasify their relationship. They were good friends, then lovers, then acquaintances, then friends? Are they friends? Can people really be friends with an ex? Maybe. Hopefully. 

 

They were doing so well, hanging out like old buddies tonight. She was observing how she feels being with him. Does she feel uncomfortable? No. Does she feel anxious? No. Does she want to ask him to leave as soon as he's done eating? No. Does her heart skip a beat when he smiles sincerely? Maybe. Does she melt in a puddle when he looks her in the eye? Only half true.


She can not deny that Jiyong still has some effect on her. Hey, she's only just a girl, sitting in front of a handsome, talented, intelligent guy. She's no robot. However, this handsome, talented, intelligent guy, also happens to be the man who broke her heart. She wanted to test herself tonight. She wanted to weigh her feelings. She wanted to see, will she be okay with spending time with him? Will she still feel the anger? the pain? the longing? the love? But one bottle of wine later, she forgets everything and she finds herself consumed by his scent. By the way he holds his glass. By the way he covers his face with his hand when he laughs, or the way he looks down when he feels embarrassed. What test did she want to do again? She can't remember. Because like a fool, she allows herself to be devoured by everything Kwon Jiyong.

 

The ex-boyfriend. The heartbreaker. 

 

"Why didn't it work out for the two of us?"

 

She wanted to genuinely know what he thinks. Even to this day, when reminded of something about Kwon Jiyong and the past they shared, she would still catch herself asking that question. How come it didn't work out? How did they go from being 'You're the love of my life' to avoiding each others presence. How can they throw away all their future plans of being together forever down the drain without putting up a fight? 

 

She felt him take her glass away from him. She looked up and watched him drink the last of her wine. She saw the subtle movement of his adam's apple and the way he quickly his lips. Did she find that y? Affirmative. 

 

"You've had enough wine, and I need you to at least be somewhat sober if you want to hear the answer to your question?" 

 

They were both looking at each others eyes now and sh

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter