Chapter 53

UNTITLED
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

It was the morning of the 1st of March when she was summoned by Yang Hyung Suk. When she entered his office, he didn't even glance at her. Just pointed to the chair in front of him. She timidly sat down and waited for him to say anything. But him, being him, he went on with his work not bothering to say anything until after ten minutes. When her nerves are already off the roof, and her palms started sweating. 

"So. When did you and Jiyong get back together?"

"Eh?"

"That stupid photo of his on Instagram, that's you, correct? And don't bother lying."

"Neh, sajangnim"

"And when did you get back together?

"I.. we don't exactly have a date. It's been a bit chaotic. But.. Umm, it started after M.O.T.T.E in Manila."

"So that's last year, beginning of the last quarter of 2017... Hmm. Okay. And what's this thing about Lee Jooyeon?"

"They are friends."

"Friends, like how he was friends with Kiko, or?"

"He's serious with me, if that's what you want to ask, sajangnim."

"Okay. And you? Are you serious about this relationship?"

"Yes, sir."

"Okay. Okay then. What Jiyong did is something heavy. That jackass decided to do it on the day of his enlistment. Like the problem kid that he is, when it comes to scandals. You are not to speak or confirm anything with the media. I think explaining things will make this news blow out of proportions. At your age, and at his, it's only but normal to get in relationships. So do not confirm, deny or even entertain questions about it. We will handle the media and pay for a blackout if necessary. Jiyong has given this company enough money anyway for us to cover this type of news. One thing I have to say though, to you, it will be a tough ride. Haters will be everywhere but keep your chin up. You should know, you're one lucky girl to have Jiyong and he chose you over any other girl. This means, you win. YOU WIN. Haters, lose. Arrasso?"

"Neh, arrasso. I'm sorry about the trouble, sir."

"I'm sorry you'll have to endure a lot without Jiyong by your side."

 

The next day, she flew to Manila for a few days for work. She didn't stay for an entire week but her schedule was tight but it didn't make the days feel short. In fact, it was like the universe is conspiring to make her feel extra sad from missing Jiyong. She thought working hard too many hours per day would change that but it didn't. She longed to speak to him. To hear his voice. To see his face. But she couldn't do any of that and it's frustrating her to no end. If in the past, when they were broken up, all she had to do was go online and she would see updates and photos of his whereabouts. Now, she can't do any of that. 

 

After her Manila stint, she went back to Korea for her new movie premier. It was endless days of promotions and fan meetings. The only positive side of it is she gets to spend time with her new found friends and there was never a dull moment with the cast and crew. Making her realize just how important it is to be surrounded by positive people during a tough time. Of course, none of them knew about her relationship with Jiyong, and almost all of them avoided asking her questions about it. YG did his part and made sure that any kind of personal questions to Dara will be filtered and the media didn't dare challenge it. They know the damages they would pay should they go against the blackout. 

 

The day before her flight to Japan for another round of movie promotions, she received a call from Jiyong's mother asking her to drop by their home in Seoul for dinner. She had already planned on eating out with the other cast from th

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter