SUIT & TIE 007: CHAINS

SUIT & TIE

SUIT & TIE: CHAINS

 

Driving home, Vernon noticed something between his two bosses. It’s a sweet and harmonious vibe at last. Thank goodness. Vernon never thought that a day would come the quietness inside the car would be so much comfortable.

 

Seungcheol was always busy looking by the window and Jeonghan was always and if he could, taking his nap.

 

A call came and Seungcheol was the one to answer it.

 

“What’s up?”

 

“Hyung, are you coming home tonight?”

 

“Yeah. Sure. Why? Is there something wrong, Soon Young?”

 

“I am not sure yet. Will be right beside your gates in a while.”

 

“Yup. See you, brother.”

 

At the Choi’s residence, Soon Young was seen seriously waiting outside the gates. Jeonghan was worried looking at his younger brother. He hurried and asked the younger why. Although Soon Young had an appointment with Seungcheol first, based on the call yesterday, something seemed urgent when the youngest Yoon have Jeonghan’s audience the moment they arrived.

 

Both talked in private.

 

“Hyung, dad is in danger.” Said Soon Young immediately.

 

Looking at the evidence, Jeonghan was surprised. “How did you get these?”

 

“Doesn’t matter.” Leaning to whisper as if it should be taken with confidentiality regarding the topic.

 

“I don’t like you meddling around with these kind of things, Soon Young.” Reminded Jeonghan to his little brother.

 

“Did you know about this?” asked Soon Young in surprise. Also with disappointment.

 

Jeonghan nodded awkwardly.

 

“Why didn’t you tell me?”

 

“I’m sorry, but this isn’t for you.” Said Jeonghan with an obvious firm tone.

 

“Hyung, it’s about our family. How could you keep this from me?” Soon Young starting to show signs of his dismay for not knowing about their family’s problem.

 

“Listen to me, Soon Young. It’s for the best. You cannot be involved in this, you understand?”

 

“I’m not a kid anymore, hyung. Why are you acting like you know what’s best for me? You, dad and mom! All of you!” with rage in the raise of his voice.

 

“You don’t know how dangerous it is.”

 

“The more we should stick together on this! I’m no different hyung, I am your family. You don’t tell me what to do and what not to do to protect our family, you got me? This is not about you or them now. We are all on this.” walking out to proceed with his true business.

 

“Soon Young!” Jeonghan called really worried on things that shouldn’t be known, especially for those people who are not to get involved. “!”

 

On the other hand, Soon Young invited Seungcheol outside for a talk. Seungcheol knew they fought just right when Jeonghan called him to stay, but there he was with him in his frowning brows.

 

“Is everything alright?” asked the older.

 

“Hyung, I want to ask something from you.”

 

“Sure. Anything.”

 

“Let’s talk about the busting first.”

 

“Would you like to talk somewhere else?” invited Seungcheol.

 

“It would be better.”

 

It’s the first time Seungcheol has seen Soon Young and Jeonghan fight like that. It must be serious, in that case.

 

The both went to a bar Seungcheol was familiar with. Soon Young just followed and give reports regarding the operations. In fact, he’s discovered more. He passed on a paper sending him routes of the next transactions all over the world.

 

“That’s enough to call international’s attention. They can help.” Recommended Soon Young.

 

Seungcheol smirked. Soon Young did a job well done. Moreover, he knew how dangerous the mission from acquiring such information from the enemies without them noticing. “Great job Soon Young! Smart. I’m so proud of you. Don’t worry, I’ve got that all taken care of.”

 

Realizing that Seungcheol has stepped far more advance than expected, the young officer became surprised. Well in that case, Soon Young has decided to take risks as well. Game on.

 

“Where did you get this?”

 

“An informant. I cannot tell, for his safety.” Said Soon Young looking at a good looking server bringing them a special mixed tequila on their table just by the counter. “Thank you.”

 

“Be careful, especially with Lee Jihoon.” advised Seungcheol.

 

“Got it.”

 

The bartender smiled tenderly delivering their drinks. Soon Young thought he was too good looking to be just be a bar tender. He was too distracted, he didn’t notice Seungcheol asking him about his fight with his brother.

 

“Soon Young.” Called Seungcheol again.

 

“Ah-yes?”

 

“What happened earlier with you and your brother? It’s the first time I’ve seen you fight.”

 

“We always fight.” Said Soon Young.

 

“Yeah. Sure. But not like that.”

 

“It’s a family matter. I don’t want to talk about it.”

 

“You got it. Then, what help should I give you?”

 

Soon Young then composed himself, leaning forward for a wish. “I want to serve your family, if you may. I want in.”

 

Seungcheol was surprised with the help he’s asking. Entering the kind of family he was in was quite dangerous and pretty much lead to worst. The Chois has gotten into a serious deal they couldn’t just break easily. If Soon Young joined them, the boy would automatically get involved. Although, he believed he needed something more than that. Who would ask to be a servant if he wants help? No one but somebody who want something inside the system. “I cannot do that. Your brother will kill me.”

 

“He cannot. I will be there to protect you.”

 

“Why this? You can ask a different thing. Not this. It’s too dangerous.”

 

“I need to get more, hyung. If you want me to help you, I need to get in the system.”

 

“You’re a cop, Soon Young. I know this is your dream and I won’t take it away from you.”

 

“I can ask to be an undercover, hyung, please. This is really important for me. My family is at stake.”

 

“So, it’s for your family, huh?”

 

Damn! He can’t just keep quiet about it, huh? How effective he would be as an undercover agent if that happens? Soon Young felt annoyed of himself. “!” he murmured.

 

“No.” said Seungcheol. “I promised Jeonghan of your safety first.”

 

“You will let me in. But I guess this is not the right time.” Feeling disappointed of himself. “I will learn it and you’ll be needing me.”

 

“Prove me right, Soon Young. I know you are smart, but you are still a kid in this game. For the meantime, what can I do for you?” leaning forward to Soon Young declaring that he’s serious with it. “This isn’t just a simple game, honey. If you want us both to survive, you need to be good at it.”

 

Soon Young felt embarrassed. Maybe his brother and Seungcheol were right. That he’s not ready for it yet.

 

“For now, I need you to be a good cop.” Smiling as he squeezed Soon Young’s fluffy face. “It’s really soft.” Referring to the cheeks.

 

Now, Soon Young was wearing a different kind of frown with a pout. “Don’t do that, hyung. It’s embarrassing. I’m not a little boy.”

 

“Sorry. It’s really irresistible.” Said Seungcheol coolly as if he’s adoring Soon Young more than Jeonghan could.

.

.

.

Meanwhile, Jeonghan was left with Vernon. The body guard took the initiative to serve Jeonghan a good rum because he thought he needs it.

 

“Thank you, Vernon.”

 

It’s the first time Vernon seeing Jeonghan that worried. “What’s the matter?” approaching his boss as a friend.

 

Before confessing, Jeonghan sighed as he took a shot of the liquor. “Vernon, I just want to protect him.”

 

“I can see that.”

 

“But he’s not listening to me anymore.”

 

Vernon smirked. “That’s because he’s a grown up man now, hyung.”

 

“I know but he’s so cute, don’t you agree?”

 

Vernon thought of it real quick and agreed. “So, what’s your plan? It’s the first time you’ve fight like that.”

 

“He’s serving himself danger, Vernon. He wants something more dangerous. I don’t agree of him being a cop at first, but he really want it. Now, I am worried to where his profession will lead him.”

 

“He’s quite a tiger, you see? To whom he’d get that anyway? You came from a fierce family. Your mother. You. You just don’t see what I see on you, Jeonghan hyung.”

 

“Fierce? I’m not. And Soon Young’s definitely not.”

 

“Mn. You are definitely fierce. Soon Young, I guess he has it inside of him. He’s a cop, hyung. He’s earned it. You said he loved being a cop. Maybe that’s his calling. You will make him run farther when you contradicts.”

 

“Are you lecturing me now?”

 

“It seems so.” Pouring another glass of rum to Jeonghan’s shot glass.

 

“He’s growing fond of Seungcheol now. He’s spoiling him so much.”

 

Vernon smirked. “Is there something I can help?”

 

“Is it okay to tell you?”

 

“It’s up to you.” Said Vernon.

 

“Since you brought up that my family is fierce… I must admit that we are not that normal, you see.”

 

“That’s very obvious, hyung.” Smirked Vernon with a sentence of two meaning.

 

“You know something, don’t you?”

 

I am Big boss’ body guard first before I was with Seungcheol hyung.” He smiled as he explained. “I handle things a normal body guard or secretary won’t.”

 

“You really are something, are you? Why don’t you become my body guard instead?”

 

“I want to but he won’t allow it.” Vernon pertaining to Seungcheol.

 

“We are in chaos, my dear Vernon. My family and I know there’s definitely something going on with the Chois.”

 

“You are keen.”

 

“Not really. I have things you don’t know yet.” He sighed. “If you just know I’ve been through hell.” Jeonghan sighed as he reached for the rum but Vernon stopped him from doing so. “Give me that.”

 

Vernon stopped Jeonghan from drinking before he gets drunk. “Enough now, hyung.”

 

“Tsk! You! Don’t be so strict on me.”

 

“You have a meeting tomorrow, hyung.” The handsome body guard reminded.

 

By that, Jeonghan easily gave up.

 

“If you need someone to talk to. Maybe a conversation to keep from Seungcheol hyung, you can trust me on it. I will do everything for you.”

 

“Even if I go against Seungcheol?”

 

“If it’s good for him. I will.”

 

Jeonghan laughed. “How do you become so loyal to their family, Vernon? I never had a chance to ask you that. You don’t have to answer if you are not comfortable.”

 

“It’s not a secret anyway. I was orphaned young. My parents died because of the things they’ve done wrong. I was left to survive and then Mr. SeungWon and his wife took me in and treated like their own.”

 

“Why are they being killed?”

 

“Most likely betrayal of some sort.”

 

“I see. How does it feel to be inside a Mafia, Vernon?”

 

Vernon was surprised hearing that thing from Jeonghan. He thought he knows nothing yet or maybe a little. “How did you-“

 

“It’s damn obvious, Vernon. Based on how you and Seungcheol acts, no one would have ever mistakenly take you as a normal human being. My mom is a part of it, you know. I know more than you think I know.”

 

“Very well. I hope this won’t scare you. SeonBi is a good organization.”

 

“I heard that from my mother. She’s a part of it. I just learned it recently. Is it a secret? I mean the Mafia family?”

 

“No. It’s really an organization. Korea has lots of it.”

 

“No illegal?” asked Jeonghan promptly.

 

Vernon paused a bit but immediately said “No.” doing his duty of keeping it a secret. It’s SeungWon and Seungcheol’s order.

 

“Liar.” Jeonghan smirked. “Now, don’t you tell Seungcheol I know about it. I know the Chois and my parents are in danger because of it. Well-” rolling his eyes in sarcasm. “Somehow. It’s kind of related in maaany ways.”

 

Vernon became dumbfounded. Not sure if Jeonghan was just playing on him or what. He’s caught him a million times with that technique. It’s never predictable when Jeonghan releases a weapon with his wits.

 

Jeonghan laughed after finding the body guard out of words. “I know you are quiet, but don’t get so obvious that you are speechless, Vernon. I got you.” Winking playfully as if he busted something he shouldn’t know.

 

Vernon frowned. Moreover, he’s grown more puzzled on how Jeonghan was labeled a human being when he has the powers of the gods. “Do you read minds? I always wonder on how you can just, you know, read people.”

 

“I do. If you show me. I’m expert on it, so don’t you dare make a mistake, Vernon.” Playing with the empty shot glass on his hands.  “I am working with Minhyuk that time but it was just a coincidence. We are working on different goals. We just happen to meet in the middle.” Thinking of Minhyuk again. “I miss him, you know. He’s a complete opposite of Seungcheol.”

 

“I want to ask you about that too, hyung. How did y-?”

 

“He’s a good friend.”

 

“Does Seungcheol hyung know?”

 

“I don’t think so. He probably knows that he’s my boss before. I work with the cruise ship as a staff until I advanced to being the manager. Minhyuk hyung was my director. He always gets me if he travels.”

 

“I see. He’s a good man.”

 

“I know.”

 

“Seungcheol hyung was devastated about his loss.”

 

“I am too. And I know you too. Tell me what happened to him?”

 

“I’m not quite sure about the details but, he’s gunned by someone at the port.”

 

“That man! He really mean that goodbye? I’m getting annoyed right now.” Changing the topic. “Say, do you think, Seungcheol moved on, already? I heard they were close.”

 

“I don’t think he’s recovered up until now, hyung.”

 

“That’s bad. Don’t worry. Leave him to me.”

 

Vernon smiled. “Thank you.”

 

.

.

.

 

YOON RESIDENCE_

 

Soon Young was frantic and was obviously disturbed. His mother noticed him walking to and fro.

 

“Son, what are you furious about?”

 

The call startled Soon Young. “Ah- No-nothing, mother.”

 

“You can’t lie to me, son. You know that.”

 

Guess she’s right. Soon Young never get out from a lie when his mother puts her eyes on him.

 

“It’s just work.”

 

“Soon Young, my son.” She headed towards with the wheel chair. As soon as she get to their youngest, she grabbed his hands tenderly. “Tell me what’s troubling you. Don’t worry about the confidentiality. I know how that works perfectly.”

 

Soon Young sighed. He had nothing to do but to confess. Well, if he doesn’t do it now, his mother will always find a way to discover whatever he’s hiding. She’s a private detective before she became a lawyer and now a judge for everyone to know.

 

Soon Young then spoke his heart out. “Mom. You got to explain things to me.” He sat down abruptly as he started his mom in return. It looked serious. Soon Young hasn’t seen with those emotion ever since.

 

“Has it been so serious, son?” asked his curious mother. She never realized that their youngest would be such a grown up now when all she could see every time she’s looking at her son was a little boy playing with his police car toy.

 

“Mom. I know that what I did was unacceptable but I want to know a mission you and your dad are working on.”

 

Judge Yoon was surprised with her son’s concern. “What mission?”

 

Soon Young went through his bag to look out for the things he discovered accidentally. Moreover, he exposed other things that should’ve kept in secret long time ago. “Where did you get these, Soon Young?” Na Young was left speechless after seeing the things they buried long time ago. “You should have left them to where you found them.”

 

“I can’t mom.”

 

“What do you want from these?”

 

“If this is about the family, I can’t let them cause you the trouble while I’m sitting around like a fool.”

 

“Why did you look for all of these?”

 

“I heard. I heard dad. He’s leaving. I don’t know most of the details yet, but I’ve had my research and it’s going to be dangerous.”

 

Na Young knew her son would be so much worried finding this out. It should be kept as a secret, but guess all secrets has to come out no matter what.

 

“Those names.” Pointed Soon Young to the list of the papers. “They’re not an ordinary group to deal with, mom.”

 

“Soon Young, my son. Please, calm down.”

 

“How can I calm down? You and dad are looking for your own grave fighting with these people alone.”

 

Na Young smiled. “Son, listen to me. I am proud of you. Look at you.” Caressing his son’s fluffy yet a little angered face. “You’ve become a very brave and handsome cop. It’s obvious that you got your bravery and brains from us.” Smiling like a very proud mom. “I will explain things to you, but you must promise me you’d stay out of it.”

 

“And if I cannot?”

 

Na Young sighed. Well, she can’t control everything. “Just make sure, you keep yourself safe and sound. I know there’s nothing I can do to stop you anyway. You and your brother are very hard to stop.” She giggled. Cupping his son’s face. “You are only so small you came to me. Look at you now. A grown up man and a good cop.”

 

“I know you are worried, mom, but I can handle myself. I want to keep our family safe as well. You’ve earned so much enemy with your job, and you don’t know how worried I am with you travelling by yourself in your state.” Looking at the crippled woman in front of him. “You’ve been through worst, mom. Look at you. I won’t let you go through hell again.” Still feeling the pain his mother might have felt after the terrible accident she encountered from the past because of her duties. “You are still doing the things you know that’s right yet dangerous.”

 

Na Young giggled. “You’ve become just like me, my baby. Let’s seat down and have a talk rather than you sneaking around. But son, you need to promise me, you keep safe. You and your brother. If you need to stop. Just stop. I cannot lose any more of my family.” Caressing Soon Young’s face while thinking of his son whom they lost in a battle with the enemies. Not knowing whether he’s still alive or not.

 

“I don’t know what to say, but I would probably answer, I will choose wisely. You thought me that.”

 

Na Young smiled despite of being worried with Soon Young getting himself some dangerous adventure ahead of him. “I love you, son.”

 

“I love you too, mom.” Soon Young smiled.

 

A few moments later, there was a ringing on the doorbell. Soon Young answered to it and from there, he met a young man who just arrive with a black luxurious car. A man wearing a tender smile from his looks of elegance on his navy blue suit. He’s quite tall and charming. Approachable as Soon Young described.  Then, there’s another man coming along next to the taller. He’s wearing all black as if he came from a wake. That man was definitely the opposite of the obviously taller man. He wore frown on his face the moment he came out of the car. Not a hint of a friendly smile from his mouth. He’s definitely not the person people usually befriend or approved with. He’s quite wearing a massive frightening aura compared to the other.

 

“Is this Attorney Yoon’s residence?” asked the taller and gentle man.

 

“Is there anything we can do?” asked Soon Young full of curiosity written all over his face.

 

“You must be the youngest of the Yoons.” Said the man with his dear smile. “Yoon Jeonghan’s squishy little brother as per the most elegant and beautiful man I’ve ever met.” A little gesture of friendship was pulled with a reach of the hand. “Lee SeokMin.” With the best smile he could ever project. “And my cousin, Lee Jihoon.” Then whispering “He’s just a little snob, but believe me, he doesn’t bite.”

 

Looking at the smaller but powerful one, that was unexpected. “Soon Young.” Introducing himself.

 

“Is Judge Yoon inside?”

 

“She is. What do you need?” Soon Young tried to protect his family from some rich looking dangerous partners who just appeared out of the blue.

 

“Sorry for our abrupt visit. We should’ve give you a call but this is urgent. It’s just a little talk regarding Superintendent General Yoon Jae Won.”

 

“Dad? What’s happened?” asked Soon Young worriedly.

 

“Well, officer, if you’d like to sit in too, you are very much welcome. You may help if you notice something.” said the mysterious tall man together with his handsome face. “Call me DK. We are friends now since you are Vice President Choi’s little brother.” Stated the older.

 

“You know my brother?”

 

“Yes. He’s lovely. We are friends now… I mean just recently.” DK chuckled.

 

“Tell me what’s happened to my dad.” Setting straight to what should be discussed about.

 

“We should probably get into the table, officer.” Said the other man, who looked so serious and unaffectionate. As cold as ice. The one they called the Young Governor of Seoul.

 

Soon Young recognized him now, but the other, probably he’s never heard or seen him before. Because they looked dangerous, Soon Young went along to show them inside the house.

 

“She’s right here.”

 

Hearing the clamor at the door, Na Young thought they might have a visitor.

 

Noticing a young politician visiting her house, she became surprised. “Governor Lee. What brings you here?”

 

“Good Morning Judge Yoon.” DK smiled gently. “It’s an honor to finally meet you in person. A police and a judge. How cool is that! How are you doing?”

 

Na Young stared at the beautiful stranger who kept smiling at her. Opposite of the man beside him.

 

Seeing that he must be a stranger to the Judge, SeokMin introduced himself formally. “By the way, sorry for not officially introducing myself. I am Atty. Lee SeokMin. Governor Lee’s consultant and cousin. Nice to meet you, Judge Yoon.”

 

“What can I do for you?” Na Young said sternly.

 

“We are not here to disturb, we are here for business.” SeokMin stated.

 

Na Young lead them to the table to talk.

 

“Judge Yoon, we will not keep our talk long. We are here to offer our friendship.” Said Jihoon confidently. “I know you and our family has this big issue. But I don’t blame you. It’s your job and it is our business.” Getting relaxed with his composition, Jihoon told Na Young his opinion “We are here to talk about something that’d benefit both of us, especially that your son is married to one of our business partners. I don’t want anymore misunderstandings.”

 

“Let’s listen first, young governor.”

 

DK, looking at the young officer who was with them at the table, smiled. “Good boy.” He spoke with his lips and eyes with certain adoration to how Soon Young looked like. Though, he thought that the young man was free and wild spirited, he assumed. Based on how Soon Young’s age and probably from his aura, DK excused themselves by saying “Hey, officer, would you mind accompanying me outside. This is going to be boring for the both of us.”

 

Na Young thought it was for the best. Good thing the young attorney knows how to move.

 

Soon Young know that his mother would agree on how the attorney suggested. He knows how to plunge him in and out from a conversation. He also believed that it was not for him too. Better yet follow the other’s opinion while his mind weren’t in that good state to have another information because if things would ramble down due to excessive information, he might blow up.

 

Going out, DK invited the young man for a drink. “Officer, would you like a cup of refreshments? I know a bar just near here.”

 

“I don’t know, attorney. I think I should stay here.”

 

“I know you are worried, but I give you my word. No matter what they’ve to talk or agreed upon inside your house, they will not blast in a war. Hear me?”

 

“Should it be a long conversation? Why is there a need to invite me out?”

 

“Decision making takes time. So better yet, let’s have some fun since it doesn’t concern us anyway.” DK smiled.

 

“Is it okay for you to walk?” asked DK.

 

“Sure. I always walk.”

 

“No wonder you have such a wonderful physique. Your face though, I like it. It’s adorable.”

 

“Thanks. I usually don’t accept ‘adorable’ at my age but can’t be helped.” Soon Young sighed.

 

DK agreed and chuckled.

.

.

.

Inside Yoon’s house, the judge and the young governor were left inside to talk privately.

 

“Judge Yoon. I am very well aware that you are against our family.”

 

“Just doing my job.” Said Na Young fearlessly in more relax manner.

 

“But not with the Chois?” Jihoon changed legs to cross. “I know you knew something already. What I am curious about is of all people, why did you marry your son to the Chois? The partnership is making me uneasy.” Clicking his tongue in dissatisfaction.

 

“I am not siding anyone and I don’t have to explain things to you.”

 

“Of course. Let’s assume it’s ‘love’ as per Seungcheol.” Said Jihoon mockingly as if he’s disgusted. “It’s just that… you and your husband, General-“ smirked “or should I say, Agent Yoon, are messing too much with my family and our business.”

 

“There is a process.”

 

“Alright. Alright. I get it. You should have known that tying up with the Chois would bring much trouble for you. Especially to your son, Jeonghan.” Jihoon pertaining with the Mafia, just like his family, were savages no matter what degree they were in. “I believe you have a group too. You know that a brotherhood is not just a game of a child but of flames.” Jihoon smirked. “We are just people dressed in suits but have the same behavior as those that are smaller. Or worst. We just do it as clean as possible. Am I right?”

 

Na Young got her straight face. “Governor Lee. I didn’t know you have such a strong character.”

 

I can’t deny it.”

 

“What do you want?”

 

“I don’t want to harm your lovely family, now that I think we are getting closer to each other. You don’t want to go to a war against the powerful ones.” Smirking as hell. “It’s just a dead end.” Looking at the poor woman on her wheel chair, Jihoon didn’t want to prolong their stressful conversation. “Judge Yoon, since I assume you understood me very well, I might have the chance of getting what I want, yeah?”

 

“Are you threatened?” said Attorney with her smiling face.

 

“Oh dear. Did you see that on me?” said in sarcasm. “Well, I must admit that I was a little startled. I almost pulled the trigger. But you know me, I have diplomacy.”

 

“How much did my husband threatened you?”

 

“Oh, not only your husband but your little cub too.”

 

Na Young was clueless on who the young man was pertaining to. Then, Jihoon knew that he had to reveal it himself because as of the moment, Na Young had no idea.

 

“You didn’t know?” Jihoon chuckled. “Then, I assumed that he’s smart and cunning. Very dangerous. He’s Officer Soon Young. He might have find a way to investigate in such a discreet manner, no one could ever notice. I commend you for raising two promising children.”

 

“Soon Young?”

 

“Yes. Though, don’t worry, he’s not that knowledgeable yet. Unlike you and your husband. He’s still cute, you see. But losing him in the wilds would make him dangerous and I have to do whatever I need to remove him.”

 

“Are you threatening me, young man?”

 

“No. Just a reminder, Judge. I respect you so much.”

 

“My sons are stronger than you think. You know why? Because I taught them well. People like you just don’t deserve the things you have.”

 

Jihoon smirked. “I can see that. Unfortunately, life is quite unfair.”

 

“Your father has too much debt on me. It’s clearly visible on my state. Do you think I will stop?”

 

“Then what do you want?” said the younger as the mother appeared the most dangerous person in the family.

 

“I want nothing but to see you and your family in bars.”

 

Jihoon smirked. “You are a truly dedicated judge. You serve the people well. Then, I hope to see my friends inside the prison as well, attorney.”

 

Na Young smirked. “You sneaky brat! I will make sure of that.”

 

“Before you die or after you die?”

 

“Either way is good to me. If you see me scared of dying, boy, you are wrong.”

 

“And your family?”

 

“I’d die before you touch them.” Stated the attorney.

 

“Very well said. But, I am not giving up. I promise I would not lay my hands on any of your family for the meantime. Let us just keep this at peace. I don’t want additional speculation, brave lady judge. I like your attitude.”

 

“I should have been your mentor, Governor. It’s such a regret that I didn’t get the chance to teach a smart man like you. Things would’ve got better if I did.”

 

“Maybe in another life.” Jihoon stood up. “I’ll get going now. I will wait for your decision.”

 

When Jihoon was about to go out, he stopped and said “Judge Yoon, do you know why I didn’t chose being a lawyer but a politician?”

 

Na Young was waiting for the answer the young man was ready to declare. “Because in politics, I can change the game in any face that I want to. I can control people. I can fold truths and lies. However, being a lawyer is nothing but a puppet of the silly law made by us. We and those that is what you call criminals are just the same somehow. The only difference is the negotiations in suit.”

 

The young man has gotten into her nerves, but she won’t show it and said “Dear young man, before I came into your business. I’ve seen how you run it, that’s why I am here.”

 

Jihoon smiled. “I adore your courage and bravery, Madame Judge and former police officer. You’re quite cool. I agree to that. See you. Hope we will have a good relationship. Think it again. I will be waiting. I am a strong friend here and I am offering my services to you.”

 

“Let’s say, our conversation isn’t done yet, young man. Goodbye.”