SUIT & TIE: Gang Wars

SUIT & TIE

 

“I work with Minhyuk hyung as his keeper. For Jeonghan hyung, I am the messenger. He goes by the name of Queen and it took me a lot of time and resources to trace him after Minhyuk hyung was reportedly dead since we’ve never met.”

 

Seungcheol still investigating he asked “And why are you on the other side not mine?”

 

“The governor helped me study. My family worked with them.”

 

“How about the true relationship with the Lees, young lad.”

 

“My father is a part of their brotherhood. He was his secario, Mr. Choi.”

 

“I see.” Seungcheol replied. “Then, what is it you want to talk about?”

 

“I am afraid Jeonghan hyung is discovered.”

 

“What?” Seungcheol frowned because he didn’t know to which content the other might have knowledge with. “You are saying?”

 

“I know about his true identity. I was the one who kept the jewel that might have identified him as Nikita Ivanov. I kept it hidden and in consistent move until I received a visit one time in our home. Congressman Kim and I had talk. I gave him that jewelry and somehow, it came back under the possession of the Ivanovs through Jeon Wonwoo.”

 

“You’ve known too much.”

 

“That’s not all, Mr. Choi. I recently discovered that it was- your father who made a deal with the Xu. He offered Jeonghan for protection of both the Choi family and Jeonghan hyung’s.”

 

“I don’t understand- you are saying that my father is behind all o-“

 

“I’m afraid Jeonghan hyung agreed. This might not be favorable to your marriage. I will let Jeonghan hyung explain himself to you but your father initially planned to take Ivanovs first. I guess Jeonghan hyung made the same goal not too long ago.”

 

It surprised Seungcheol more when he learned this.

 

“I thought you have the right to know all of this. Jeonghan hyung is under pressure now and his move was quite impulsive. His calculations might fail and everything he did may be put in jeopardy.” Chan added.

 

“Thank you for the information.”

 

Before Chan left, he asked “Sir, may I know what Seungkwan is doing in your service?”

 

“Do you know him?”

 

“Before, but not quite now unfortunately.” Revealed sadly, also closing his relationship.

 

“I see. He want to take out the Lee. That’s what he said.”

 

Chan was quite confused. Seungcheol felt something was off.

 

“What’s the matter?”

 

“He ran by himself far from his life. He said he’d never return again.”

 

“He’s looking for you because your parents was killed by the Lee.”

 

Chan became surprised of how Seungcheol explained it and thought it was a bit suspicious. It was obvious in his face so Seungcheol asked once again. “Why? Something wrong?”

 

“My father died with a fight long time ago while my mom died from a sickness. The Lee arranged everything and took me in.” explained the younger. “Governor Lee is kind to me.”

 

“Then, he probably misunderstood.” Said Seungcheol.

 

“I am not quite sure about that but let me get back to you, sir.”

 

“How would I know if I can trust you?”

 

“I did not come here to be trusted. I can do nothing but to tell you information. But if you’d ask if you can trust me, ask Minhyuk hyung.”

 

“Why are you doing this?”

 

“Because I want the same thing as you. To be free. I know Jihoon hyung wanted it too.”

 

“Did he know about you and your mission?”

 

“He knew ever since he caught Minhyuk hyung.”

 

“And that’s fine with him?”

 

“He did talk to warn us, but it was just a threat. I thought he’d have the motive to kill Minhyuk hyung but he seemed surprise and upset when he knew about the news. Since that day, he took me in and protected me.”

 

“That little brat keeping secrets from me and acting like he don’t care.” Seungcheol scoffed.

 

When Jeonghan return back home, he was very exhausted. Seungcheol couldn’t have even ask simple questions when his partner went straight to shower and bed.

.

.

.

 

The next morning was unusual for the couple. Jeonghan stayed in bed. Exhaustion was to blame. Seungcheol tried not to wake him up. It’s been hard lately, especially he knew he’s been discovered. However, it had never came out of Jeonghan’s lips, so he better shut his mouth until Jeonghan starts the conversation about the matter.

 

Normally Jeonghan would wear a smile when he wakes up no matter how hard the situation was but this time, it seemed unbearable for him. “How may I help you?” asked Seungcheol giving the other a cup of freshly brewed coffee.

 

“Aren’t you going to office?” asked Jeonghan.

 

“Not with that face. What happened?”

 

“I- I went to Jun after I visited Mingyu last night, Seungcheol.”

 

“Why do you always have to move in secret? Am I not part of the plan?”

 

“I am discovered, Cheol and I need to get things done before they take me away.” confessed Jeonghan. Seungcheol was startled when he just gave the answer right away.

 

“You know I can protect you.”

 

“Enough of that Seungcheol. I don’t want you to get hurt. This is the time I move by myself. How was your search for Vernon?”

 

“I can’t see him.” said Seungcheol in anguish.

 

“Cheol, he did not do it.” Jeonghan stated sternly.

 

“He has all the motive.”

 

“But he loves you as a brother. Of all the time, why now? I believe in him, Cheol. He’s a good man.”

 

While having the conversation, bullets showered endlessly in their house. Seungcheol managed to put Jeonghan to a safe place while he grabbed his gun to the nearest keep. Jeonghan was obviously scared. He’s frightened by the sound and became stiff.

 

“Jeonghan-ah, I need you to calm down. Stay where you are.” Seungcheol trying to get the chance to go towards his wife.

 

“Don’t come!” he warned. “Cheol, stay where you are. Please. I don’t want to see blood anymore.” Jeonghan started to cry helplessly.

 

Seungcheol smiled. He knew Jeonghan wouldn’t want him to get a single scratch as much as possible. With that thought, Seungcheol sighed and said “You know what, sometimes you act like my mom.” he teased. “I’m a grown up man. Besides, who do you think I am? I am your husband.”

 

Jeonghan was obviously scared, he didn’t have time to joke around.

 

“There’s a reason why hyung gave you to me.” preparing his counter attack to finally move forward to Jeonghan “That’s because I am strong enough to protect you even without a gun.”

 

Seungcheol charged and fired at the enemy. He took another gun under the table and now had two guns. A few got killed with his left arm and quite a hit to the right. Finally, he arrived beside Jeonghan and embraced him tightly. “You okay?”

 

As Seungcheol tried to comfort him, Jeonghan began to cry loudly.

 

“Shh… It’s okay. I am here now, Jeonghan-ah.” It broke Seungcheol’s heart seeing Jeonghan in despair and weak. He could never imagine Jeonghan at this state, but guess, he’s also just a human.

 

Jeonghan, who was in total terror, clenched onto Seungcheol like he didn’t want him to go. Seungcheol, on the other hand, tried his best to defend the both of them as long as he could. Good thing, he heard a car rushing towards them firing quite fast bullets making the enemies back off.

 

“Seungkwan is here.” Seungcheol muttered. “We are safe now.”

 

Seungcheol embraced his wife tightly until he felt secured. “We are safe now, love.”

 

“Hyung!!!” Seungkwan called loudly.

 

“Seungkwan, prepare the car, we need to go to the hospital.” stated Seungcheol as to bring Jeonghan to calm inside a hospital for a while.

.

.

.

Same warning came into each of the power house. SeonBi, Yangban, The Chinese and The Russians. Each families experienced the same thing that day and no one else could figure out what the hell happened.

 

“Boss! Congressman Kim was brought to the hospital. He was gunned on his way to SeonBi’s election venue.” reported one of his men while attending to Vernon inside the cargo container by the port.

 

“What? How was he?”

 

“He’s fine. He acquired no wounds but we are afraid the attack might re-occur.”

 

“What the hell happened?”

 

“It was reported that there has been attack all over the country, especially to organizations like us.”

 

“!” EunWoo muttered. “Any lead?”

 

“We don’t have any.”

 

“If I may, here’s what I thought of it.” interrupted Seokmin on his way in the container to see EunWoo and Vernon. “It was linked to the death of Judge Yoon. You see, she’s working hard even in her death.”

 

“What do you mean?” asked EunWoo.

 

“Judge Yoon set up this huge bomb in case she dies in the middle of her mission. I guess this is it. She’s getting started.”

 

Vernon, who was still locked inside the small container, thought it would be the reason why SeungWon killed Judge Yoon. He believed that SeungWon couldn’t wait any longer with the Judge’s plan that’s why he made his move already. He thought he needed to find out the truth after he’s freed.

 

“Smart woman. She’s quite something, you know? It’s hard to cover my tracks when she was around and now that she’s gone, this all happens. Damn it!” grunted EunWoo. “From what do I owe your visit, Atty. Lee?”

 

“You see, I need Vernon right now.”

 

“Not too fast, Attorney.”

 

“I’ve got cases that needs to be delivered. I cannot wait. Besides, you should get going too before they uncover all your dirt, EunWoo. You’ve done quite a lot.” smirked DK.

 

You knew?”

 

“Of course! I worked with Judge Yoon for quite a while. She knows a lot than you think. She’s got eyes on you, my dear.”

 

“You can make it disappear, would you?”

 

“I can but that’s another transaction. I can undo things my mother did but you will have to pay a handsome price.”

 

“You really are scary, DK.”

 

“Business is business, EunWoo. Can’t help it.”

 

“How much do you want?”

 

“You are quite reigning underground. I saw your records. You are hard to find but I guess all secrets would be, at some point, get revealed. There’s no perfect plan, am I right?” Looking at EunWoo intently “It will take too much dirty work to wipe your files, my friend but there’s nothing I can’t do so tell me, what is the most important to you?”

 

Eunwoo smirked and said confidently. “Me.”

 

DK chuckled. “You are the real devil here, EunWoo. With that being said then, I want you as the payment.”

 

“You are asking for a lot.”

 

“That’s how big your crimes are, my dear. Judge Yoon doesn’t go to battle without a concrete plan, EunWoo. Even if I shut some, there’d always be a bomb set next to the other. There’s endless work right there.”

 

“I understand. What do you suggest?”

 

“Find a powerful partner, EunWoo. Mingyu is very honest for you and that’s not going to make you clean.”

.

.

.

Jihoon was with Soon Young and Chan by the port to find Vernon. They received an intel that Vernon was somewhere around the port of Seoul and was being kept for a long time now.

 

While the three were preparing to move, Jihoon muttered “Your mother’s death is pain in the .” after remembering the trouble he encountered earlier.

 

“She’s smart and you know that. I didn’t know she works insanely like this. Is this why you are very patient with her?”

 

“All of us tried to keep peace with her. She had the power but I didn’t know why she’d wait for her death to make a move.”

 

Soon Young thought “Maybe it’s for us.”

 

Jihoon most likely agreed. “But this is literally a war.”

 

“I couldn’t agree with you more. I didn’t know this can harm innocent people as well.” he grunted.

 

“This sure comes with a lot of blood.” stated Chan.

 

“Is your brother okay?” asked Jihoon.

 

“Yes he is okay physically but he is not mentally. He’s with Seungcheol hyung now.”

 

“He could be traumatized right now. I wouldn’t ask for Seungcheol, I know he could go in a war without a scratch.”

 

“Thank goodness Seungkwan came to rescue from the other side. I should’ve see this coming.” Soon Young sighed blaming himself.

 

“Your chubby assistant could fight that much, huh? He doesn’t look like he could fight.” Doubted Jihoon.

 

“He could fight well.” stated Chan. “He’s an ex-navy. He was in a special force.” he revealed.

 

“What?” exclaimed Soon Young. “He looks frail.”

 

“Look who’s talking.” Grunted Jihoon looking at Soon Young’s deceptive appearance.

 

“What? I look strong though.” answered Soon Young as if he’s being accused wrongfully.

 

“He’s good with guns and specializes with tactics. He taught me how to hold guns when I was younger.”

 

“And your relationship?” asked Jihoon who was quite fascinated about the undiscovered truth.

 

“He was like a brother to me. Dad took him in because he thought, his friend needed help. He’s a son of one of the members of YangBan, Mr. Lee. He went to join the marine because his mother wanted him to do a better life than pulling and selling drugs.” He explained.

 

“He really doesn’t look like that.” while walking near the container which was coincidentally just a few blocks away from where Vernon was.

 

“He is definitely quite involved with plenty of illegal things. From car stealing, smuggling, counterfeit and drugs. Even when he joined the navy, he is quite active on the other side.”

 

“And? Do you trust him?”

 

“Not really. I was quite surprised when I saw him serving under the Choi Family. He was gone for years after framing my dad to a crime he commit. He was the reason why I lost my parents and now that he has returned, I doubt his purpose is to protect the Chois.”

 

It alerted the two of them upon hearing Chan’s explanation. “Why didn’t you tell me?” asked Jihoon.

 

“I was confused when we talked at Lancelot. He seemed a changed person but- when I met him at Lancelot’s event held in a ship, his eyes were mad. I don’t know what to believe in.”

 

“Better tell Seungcheol about it, Chan. He might be dangerous.”

 

“We did talk but less concerning Seungkwan. I didn’t have proof yet.”

 

“Okay, guys, I know that that conversation deserves an immediate attention because it also involves my brother but for now, let’s concentrate to our mission to finish fast.” reminded Soon Young.

 

The three went to a container. It was Jihoon’s cargo and said “This is all I have now.” while opening a big box full of illegal drugs. “What should we do with this?”

 

“Let’s blame others for this. A big fish.” replied Soon Young getting drowned in the value of drugs he might be looking at.

 

“Let me switch it then.” volunteered Chan.

 

“We will count on you.”

 

On their way out of the port, they noticed a heavily guarded cargo from near and it was very unusual. Jihoon looking closer, he noticed familiar faces. “They are EunWoo’s guards.” Jihoon murmured. Soon Young hid himself behind the pile of big boxes.

 

“What on earth are you doing here in the middle of the night?” Jihoon suddenly appeared to the guards.

 

Guards were totally alerted. “Nothing, Governor. We are just- uh- having rounds to check upon our merchandise because of the sudden threat.” explained him thinking of an acceptable reason for Jihoon not to ask anymore. “How about you?” seeing only Chan with him.

 

“Doing the same as you. Is EunWoo there?”

 

“He had gone to check his hunsband, governor.”

 

“What happened?”

 

“Congressman Kim got attacked.”

 

“I see. Is he okay?”

 

“Mr. Kim is okay, governor.”

 

“We’ll get going. Crazy things are suddenly appearing. We need to have a tighter security.”

.

.

.

All plans delayed because of the attack. Seungcheol stayed beside Jeonghan this time and never left. Meanwhile, EunWoo went to check upon his husband. He was confused if this was also included with the bomb the Judge had set up. It seemed off. It should be the police moving and they knew Mingyu was clean.

 

On the other hand, Minhyuk met JaeWon to talk to Jun. They came together that very night and was greeted professionally by the tailor who turned out to be an agent.

 

“Soldier, we need your help.” asked JaeWon.

 

“I am afraid I cannot help you this time.”

 

Meanwhile Minhyuk who was wearing a cup finally revealed himself “Please. We do not have time.”

 

Jun was surprised seeing Minhyuk. “The rumors are true.” he murmured. “I have plans, Mr. Choi.”

 

“When I was gone, I left an unfinished business. It was all messed up and I need to correct it.” Minhyuk pleaded.

 

“I know, Mr. Choi. Seungcheol did a great patching but whatever you are thinking right now, stop it. There’s nothing you can do.”

 

“Valentin.” called JaeWon, “They have discovered Jeonghan’s true identity. He’ll be in big trouble. Moreover, if the Ivanovs and the Xus came to partnership, it will be too hard to get them.”

 

“I am aware of that. Unfortunately, I already took a deal with another client. Our plan would push through.”

 

JaeWon was surprised. “Did you just-“

 

Jun, knowing what the other’s about to say, he replied “Yes, Mr. Holmes. I have a deal with Ivanov.”

 

“Son, you cannot deal with them. You’ll end up being Lancelot. It will ruin you!” said JaeWon worriedly “This is not the time for revenge, Valentin.”

 

“My decision will not change. We have plans. Moving in contrast with it would bring so much trouble. I already think this through.” Leading the two on a couch for a cup of tea, Jun said “You cannot mess with Nikita’s plan now. A single mistake would cost lives, including his.”

 

“What?” asked both.

 

“He hired me.” Smirked Jun. “I’m done with my revenge, Mr. Holmes. It’s different now.”

 

“Valentin, I cannot let him be in the middle of this.” JaeWon stated.

 

“I trust his decisions that’s why I risked it all. Ever since I learned what happened, everything changed. Don’t tell Jeonghan about our conversation tonight. It will make him doubt his actions.”

 

“What do you mean?” asked Minhyuk.

 

“In this fight, he needs to make sacrifices even if it’s someone’s life in order to win. He cannot save everyone, Mr. Holmes. That’s the reality… If he’d knew about this, he’d risk his very own. The only shield he’s got now is the big names wanted him alive. Jeonghan is safe for now. I’ll figure something else after.”