SUIT & TIE: QUARTER OF THE MOON

SUIT & TIE

 

 

CHOI RESIDENCE_

 

The landline rang in the middle of the night. “Hello.” asked Jeonghan cautiously through the phone.

 

“Queen… it’s me.” stated a panting low voice.

 

“What is going on?” asked Jeonghan worriedly. While Seungcheol was trying to comprehend who could be on the other line.

 

“They have eyes on me now. I’ll be discreet. Please tell ‘Soldier’ I can still buy a little more time. Tell him I will wait in two days.”

“Get out of there, now!” instructed Jeonghan.

 

“I cannot. That’d only prove them right. I have to risk it. I will call if I can. I have to hang up now. Be alert.” Wonwoo reminded.

 

After the phone call, Jeonghan become tensed.

 

“Who is it?” Asked Seungcheol.

 

“It’s Wonwoo. Minghao suspects him as a traitor.”

 

“I will make a few calls.” said Seungcheol wanting to help but Jeonghan shook his head.

 

“No. It will only make it worst. I will do the call.” Thinking that Minghao would probably spare him in case because he called for a business meeting. “Do not make a move, Cheol. I will try my luck.”

 

Seungcheol thought it would be better if it’s all about business than a sudden request.

.

.

.

Jeonghan made a few calls to somehow device a plan on how to buy time for Wonwoo since Jun was out of reach. It was also worrisome that people won’t reveal his whereabouts, including his own family. He was told that Jun left for a business trip.

 

Since he was rushed worrying for Wonwoo’s life, Jeonghan manage to pull some strings to device a mock business meeting proposal. Although, there’s a chance for this venture. The only reason why it’s not proposed yet was it’s so raw and unpredictable. There were quite a few names, Seungcheol was impressed on how he gathered those people in a rush. That includes Mr. Wang and Vera Ivanov. What a combination. It would surely trigger something. Also, Julia Kaverin was invited without Seungcheol knowing.

 

Seungkwan was sure to work hard. Vernon & Seungcheol had to help. “What’s with the rush, hyung?” asked Seungkwan who was definitely overwhelmed with the load of work. It was sudden and he didn’t know how to produce a whole new business proposal in a day.

 

Jeonghan smiled and apologized instead without revealing anything yet.

.

.

.

Wonwoo was under a heavy surveillance. Although he made sure he’d act as normal as possible.

 

“Did you confirm yet?” asked Minghao to one of his guards.

 

“Nothing particular yet, young master but he’s definitely hiding something.”

 

“You think he’s involved in busting?”

 

“We can confirm it in a few days.” the guard setting a trap for Wonwoo.

 

“I am hoping he’s not. He’s such a valuable asset.” He sighed “Besides, I don’t know how to tell Jeonghan about his death if that happens.” realizing that Wonwoo was the only person that would make Jeonghan continue working with him. Jeonghan personally chose his designs among the other five jewelers he presented. And why wouldn’t he? Minghao was convinced that Wonwoo was indeed the best in terms of design and most especially the quality.

 

It was an unexpected call that time of day. Minghao was surprised as he answered. “Yes, Jeonghan darling?”

 

“I called because I want to invite you for another proposal. I mean if you are not busy. I’ve invited a few if you don’t mind. If you would be uncomfortable with many people, you don’t have to come. It’s just a small proposal anyway.”

 

“Oh Jeonghan, you know I love your ideas. I will be in it. Just tell me when and where.”

 

“Thank you, Minghao. I hope you’ll love it!”

 

Might buy Wonwoo a little time but Minghao was impulsive, so better still be alert. “I need to bring Wonwoo somehow.” Minghao sighed heavily as he called Seungcheol informing that he’d come to Jeonghan’s business proposal. On the other hand, Seungcheol advised him not to go since it was just a small business venture by Jeonghan. In addition, there would be people that he wouldn’t like to see. However, Minghao insisted since he wouldn’t like Jeonghan upset even though Jeonghan made it only an option for him to attend.

 

CHOI SHIPPING_

 

It was an immediate invitation and yet people surprisingly came pooling around the Choi Shipping’s Lobby. Minghao came with Wonwoo. It was a pretty huge event if heads were counted. Moreover, big names were obviously having interests in the business as well. Looking around, there would definitely people whom already displeased his eyes.

 

“Welcome!” greeted the staffs including Seungkwan who served as their guide that day. While assembling the people to assist them orderly to the elevation, he hit a utility man accidentally. He must be out of his elements lately due to the assignments he’s done for today’s meeting. Seungkwan apologized to the seemed new staff as he went towards the young Vice President Choi as soon as he saw him.

 

It was obvious that the utility man was focused on Jeonghan and to the young man talking to him, Seungkwan. Although he had no chance to come near and continue his observation.

 

By the elevator, Minghao definitely got his way near Jeonghan despite the pool of people but Jeonghan made sure he’d do the initiative to say his greetings. Minghao was always happy when Jeonghan notice him. It made him more delighted when he saw the necklace he gave him. The gesture was very much appreciated.

 

“Glad you liked my gift.” Minghao smiled purely like a child.

 

Jeonghan saw the spark on Minghao’s eyes knowing he’d be delighted seeing his gift hanging around his neck. “Of course! I love it! I’m sure this is a best seller.”

 

“Darling, I don’t give people a commercialized design. Special gift for a very special person. That’s my motto.” boasted Minghao.

 

“Really? I am so honored, Minghao. It’s a pleasure for me to wear this. Did you make it?”

 

“Well, nope but I made sure Wonwoo does his job perfectly. I chose that for you though.”

 

Jeonghan winked. “I thought so. Thank you.”

.

.

.

CONGRESSMAN KIM’S SAFE HOUSE_

 

Minhyuk was walking back and forth restlessly. Mingyu was disturbed. “You need to keep calm, Minhyuk. Remember you aren’t well. You might kill yourself with your actions.”

 

“Mingyu, do you know the man who tails Jeonghan that is not Vernon?” asked the other worriedly knowing that it wasn’t Vernon or Seungcheol beside Jeonghan most of the time. It was the first time he saw the young man, although, he felt familiar somehow.

 

“Who always tails Jeonghan but not Vernon…” murmured Mingyu as he talked to himself. “Seungkwan, you mean? I was told he was a personal body guard and secretary of Jeonghan. Why do you want to know?”

 

“Nothing… it’s just, I am worried that he’s not good enough to protect Jeonghan unlike Vernon.”

 

“I think he is doing great.”

 

“No… I mean… I am worried because I feel he’s a little familiar. I need to talk to someone.” murmured Minhyuk biting his lips as he thought. “I should contact DK.”

 

Mingyu sighed “You can’t trust that man, Minhyuk. You don’t know what’s on his mind.”

 

“He’s a friend.” Minhyuk defended.

 

“But he’s also Jihoon’s cousin.” added Mingyu. “Besides, he’s pointed a gun on my head the last time I visited and took it as a joke. He’s crazy.”

 

“He likes pranks.”

 

“That’s a real gun with a bullet on it, Minhyuk.” said Mingyu sarcastically.

 

“Well… I admit he’s a little crazy sometimes.”

 

Mingyu scoffed. “Do it yourself if you trust him that much. I will not go there anymore unless it’s a valid transaction.”

 

Minhyuk sat down to think for a while. He was sure he’s seen that ‘Seungkwan’ before. He just didn’t know when and where. He thought his comma had also caused him a lot of trouble not remembering things.

.

.

.

In the sea of Russian territory, the boat Jun was riding in was playing with the waves. “Hey… wake up!” called the mob. “Here’s your final stop.”

 

Jun was dragged into the light for the first time in days as he assumed. “I’ll let you see the sun for the last time, traitor. When the sun goes down, I will put you into bed as well. May you have a very good night, young lad.”

 

Jun was looking around. He couldn’t see anything but waters. Yet, he could sense a land near based on the sounds of ships and the shore. That was the time he had an idea that he was planned to be killed on the land. The reason, he didn’t know why. It’s much easier to kill and dispose his body by the sea to completely disappear but why wait until the night?

 

First, he should observe and work things out.

.

.

.

CHOI SHIPPING OFFICE_

 

The meeting ran smoothly. Despite the idea being raw, Jeonghan miraculously got some investors from what he proposed a ‘Yacht Club’ membership based investment. It’s a luxury and making a limited investors and members would definitely put its name to an elite social status. Jeonghan knew that people loved exclusivity, so he made it to advertise his accidental proposal to a viable business.

 

“Good job. This is exquisite!” praised the investors including his sister, Vera.

 

“Thank you. I hope I made you happy.”

 

“Jeonghanie… I loved the idea!” exclaimed DK from a near distance. “You definitely got my wallet out there.”

 

“Thank you, DK.” smiled Jeonghan.

 

Minghao was clapping when he approached “Very well. Glad I came.” a smiled to finish.

 

Jeonghan smiled dearly. He could clearly see a child in Minghao and took the chance to talk to Wonwoo. “Since you already came here… Can I invite you home for dinner and if you mind, business. I already bought a place for our shop.”

 

“Sure!”

 

“Would you mind talking with Wonwoo or should I set up another meeting for him?” as Jeonghan knew Minghao loved solo attention.

 

“I’ll leave him to you after the dinner. How long would you need him?” Thinking that there’d be a problem if he’d kill Wonwoo immediately in case he was the rat of their family. Minghao could clearly see Jeonghan disappointed if he knew he’d die even if they would tell a lie about how and when.

 

“How about you?”

 

“I’ve got lots of him. Just tell me when you need him. I’ll let him talk to you.”

 

“About a week if that’d be okay? I want to consult him about our shop.”

 

“Do as you please. I’ll see him after you are done. I’ve got lots to do to notice him anyway, so don’t worry. I can get another person to do tasks.”

 

Jeonghan was relieved and happy. “Thank you. I will call you if the shop is ready to view.”

 

On the other hand, Seungcheol was watching him from the sides with a smile. He knew the plan behind the meeting and yet Jeonghan, once again, made the impossible possible. It impressed Seungcheol more. Somehow, with this successful project, he had high hopes Jeonghan would stay for a little longer.

.

.

.

LANCELOT_

 

Seungcheol went to Lancelot alone, only to find out that Jun hasn’t returned yet. The old moon, his brother and his sister were present in the shop instead of Jun. He suspected that something had happen.

 

“Good day, Mr. Choi. How can we help?” greeted Olivia.

 

Since Seungcheol knew something was off, he said “I ordered 2 pairs of suit from Jun. Is it here yet?”

 

Since people in the shop had no idea what clients ordered Jun when he was still the one handling the branch, Lancelot thought it’d be better if he’d answer “I’m sorry, President Choi, my son did not leave anything when he left. My apologies. May I know the details of your order? I can ask him.”

 

“He said it will be done by today.” Seungcheol insisted.

 

“Oh dear.” sighed Lancelot. “Jun must have forgotten to tell us before he left. We’ll call him right away. I will send it to you as soon as possible, Mr. Choi. He left for London for important matters. I hope you understand.”

 

“I see. Let me know. Thank you.”

 

After he left the tailor shop, he met Vernon and muttered “Something is wrong.”

 

“What are you planning to do now?”

 

“Find his whereabouts. I am having a bad feeling about his disappearance.” said Seungcheol. “Tsk! If he’s dead by now, we’d be dead soon.”

 

Vernon bowed. “I will make sure I’d find him.”

 

“You need to.”

.

.

.

NIGHT_

 

Soon Young was also wondering about Jun’s suddenly disappearance. He couldn’t even reach him. It gave Soon Young a signal that something must be wrong. That’s why he made a move by himself. He need to control or make an alliance to bigger personalities he might use for help to somehow minimize the situation they’re currently in while finding answers with Jun’s suddenly disappearance.

 

“Hello Governor Lee. Would you mind a drink with me?” invited Soon Young.

 

“What do you want, officer?” asked Jihoon lethargically while signing papers that night.

 

“I need to talk. I’m at your favorite bar. I have to discuss you things.”

 

Jihoon thought he had the right to talk since he was responsible being his hands clean. “What about?”

 

“About your total freedom.”

 

“We talked about this already.”

 

“That’s not of total freedom, Governor. That’s just in the clause of you winning for this upcoming election. I’m offering you my service this time. Let’s discuss if you are interested. I’ll be waiting.”

 

Before leaving his office, Jihoon made sure the offer was of worth. He called Jeonghan to confirm and stated what Soon Young had offered. “Governor, I can’t offer you freedom forever. We just had but one deal. You winning the election. I am almost midway in achieving my contract to you but I’ve got none with what you offered until now.”

 

Jihoon thought he had a point. He’s given names but proved nothing on all of the suspects. It was a long case. He was sure that the man who was sent to murder Minhyuk wasn’t an ordinary man. “I should hear him then.”

 

“I am still hoping for a name, Jihoon.” said Jeonghan with stern voice.

 

Looked like the table had turned. “I will meet you soon.”

 

SEMI;COLON BAR_

 

Soon Young was waiting right at the bar. Seeing the young governor from a distance put a grin on his face. “You came.”

 

“Did you two plan this? You and your brother.”

 

“Oh. He has nothing to do with this. Wait. Did you call him?”

 

Jihoon admitted.

 

“Geez. Now I really look like a reckless little brother. This deal is only between you and me.” Soon Young showed him folder. “That will put dirt on your name, governor.”

 

Seeing the evidences that would put his life and career into grave, Jihoon was greatly annoyed knowing how his father and his men totally messed up. If the data went out to the public, it would be the end of him. “Where did you get this?”

 

“You are forgetting that I am the one who’s in charge of your cases. I oversee them.”

 

“Tell me what you want.” Jihoon offered as he didn’t seem to have the control over the evidences blossoming here and there after the lady judge’s death. “I’m gonna kill the one who murdered the judge. They knew this would happen.” he murmured. Soon Young heard what he said.

 

“If only that’d help bring my mother’s life back.”

 

“You didn’t suspect me?” asked Jihoon curiously.

 

“Why would I? I know you are more of a strategist than a mob. You knew mom’s bomb. Who the hell would kill a person just to be killed next? I am sure it was of your enemy… I am here to have a negotiations with you.”

 

“You need money?”

 

“I need your intel. Don’t worry… If you chose me, I will make sure this will reflect on your triumph.”

 

Jihoon smirked. “You really love to play cop.”

 

“I love my job.”

 

“Officer do you know that either these evidence (on his hand) or working with you would put me to death?”

 

“Then play the super hero at least.” Soon Young proposed.

 

“Fine. I will give you what I know. That freedom, when can I get that?”

 

“As soon as we capture them.”

 

“That’d be hard with you alone.” said Jihoon.

 

“I am not alone.”

 

“How would I know you’d keep that promise?”

 

“You know me, Jihoon. I don’t betray justice.”

 

Jihoon scoffed with his smile “I guess you are really just too ideal for a cop. You should’ve taken this chance to your benefit.”

 

“Order and peace are my benefit.”

 

“You are so annoying.” said Jihoon with mixed admiration and seeing the other as a fool. “You’ve got yourself a deal. You are working for me now, right?”

 

“Correction… I am working with you, governor.” Soon Young emphasized.

.

.

.

Jihoon called SeokMin to tell him about the deal. DK was convinced it was a good offer. He advised Jihoon to trust Soon Young since he was his only way. Jeonghan’s deal wasn’t guaranteed unless he’d present a specific name anyway. Although, he believed that Jeonghan had the power to do the impossible things. His first move talking to Mingyu about it was an obvious huge step for a single favor he asked.

 

“Jihoon-ah, you’ve put yourself playing in between the brothers.” DK teased.

 

“It can’t be helped. They’re both too smart to be avoided.”

 

“Don’t worry… you’ll get freed soon.”

 

“What do you mean by that?”

 

“I took care of Jeonghan.”

 

Jihoon finding SeokMin’s words ridiculous. “You are crazy.”

 

“Yes I am.” proud, SeokMin admitted.

 

Jihoon was getting curious. “Seriously? What did you do this time?”

 

“I sold him to the young Xu.”

 

“What?” quite surprised. He didn’t expect SeokMin doing this far if it was true. “Are you serious?”

 

“I never joke.” SeokMin smiling devilishly holding and playing with his glass of whisky.

 

“You really are crazy. Tell me this is not one of your games, SeokMin… you don’t know Seungcheol when he gets angry.”

 

“I have a valid reason for a trade. I have things that I want. Jeonghan is my only trading card that would make Minghao play with me.”

 

“Ya… you are clashing with two powerful families.” Jihoon warned. “Even if the Choi appeared the weakest among them, you should think twice, DK. Get your off them.”

 

“Do you think I don’t know who they are?” DK chuckled. “This is war, Jihoon.”

 

“Why Jeonghan?”

 

“I have personal issues with them. Don’t worry, it’s not my intention to kill. I’m just here to spice things up. Calm down. You will thank me after this.”

 

Jihoon was a bit nervous on what DK had revealed. He noticed that his cousin wasn’t himself after the judge died. He wondered why. Now, he’s becoming more reckless and vulgar. Nobody could stop him.