SUIT & TIE: The Affair

SUIT & TIE

 

Seungcheol and Jeonghan remained cold. Now, colder than the winter. Nothing was fixing it. Even after Na Young’s burial, the couple won’t just talk. At least Seungcheol talked but Jeonghan only answered the important ones.

 

Upon the death of the judge, as said by Na Young herself, a bomb was already activated. Evidences kept showing up. Jihoon was in a mess all over again. On the other hand, DK was trying not to confront Jihoon as his only suspect with his mother’s death. He wanted him to talk, so he tried to control his anger as of the moment because action creates more misunderstandings.

 

Jihoon went to him all pissed out. DK entertained him with a good rum so they could have a good and honest talk. “What’s up? Did you do it?” asked DK directly.

 

“Do what?”

 

“Judge Yoon.”

 

Jihoon looked at him with his truthful annoyed expression. “Killing her would only activate my downfall. I would never do that. Not now.” Expressing his wanting to kill Na Young was obvious but he was honest when he told the possible strategy.

 

“So, you didn’t?”

 

“She said someone would automatically move right after her death. It wasn’t an option, although I thought she might bluff it but no way. She’s smart.” Said Jihoon with his serious face. That time, SeokMin could tell that he was having a problem with Na Young’s death as well.

 

“Then, who do you think?”

 

“How would I know? She’s got too much enemies on her hands. Who knows if she’s pulled a trigger in some of her enemies?”

 

“I see. I thought it was you.”

 

“If I did, you’d be the first to know.”

 

“I will miss her.” expressed his sadness boldly.

 

“I heard you are helping her.”

 

“Yeah, my past time and…” getting a file from a drawer. “Here. I got that. Thanks to her.”

 

Examining the files, Jihoon saw the usefulness of it.

 

“Do you still need the Yoon siblings?”

 

“Unfortunately. We are on an agreement. After that, I might…” smiling without the gentleness on it as he continued “get rid of them.”

 

SeokMin smiled naughtily. “You bad bad boy.” Spinning his glass gently. “I can help. I know a good way how to slowly do that. And the good news is, it wouldn’t get pointed at you, so you are safe.”

 

“What can I say? I am lucky having you, my dear SeokMin.” And toast.

.

.

.

Vernon was given to Jeonghan as of the moment. His body guard was so worried about how Jeonghan was coping up as of the moment. He’s probably tired. Exhausted physically, mentally and emotionally. They wouldn’t talk inside the car but playing Jeonghan’s favorite songs was thoughtful of him.

 

“Jeonghan hyung?” asked Vernon while driving him to the port. “Would you mind if I take you to a favorite restaurant of mine before we go to the ship?”

 

Jeonghan thought why not. He probably need it. Besides, it’s the first time Vernon invited. Why not. “Sure.” displayed his smile for the first time since Seungcheol and him had a fight.

 

As expected, it was new experience for Jeonghan to explore Vernon’s space. Although, his taste was rather similar with Seungcheol. Expensive. “You are a rich dude, Vernon.”

 

Bringing him to his favorite restau-bar right at the underground of a 5 star hotel, feeling the luxurious vibe, Vernon felt proud. “You cannot scold me with the price we’re gonna eat.” smiled the other. “Since it was I who invited you here… my treat.”

 

“Sure. Thank you.”

 

Vernon didn’t talk much. He’s just answering what Jeonghan had asked him. Nevertheless, it’s the longest the two spoke. Jeonghan was glad Vernon opened up voluntarily.

.

.

.

Meanwhile, Jun was getting busier as usual. He’s hunting here and there. Leaving dead bodies on different areas of Korea. Since Na Young’s death caused too much ruckus that may ruin the plan, he needed to tone down the events until the fashion show ends.

 

“Well done, son!” radioed his father on a device. “Have a good rest now. We still got a show in two days.”

 

Going home with his brother Abbot, he fell on the couch due to exhaustion. It was cold that night, going out without enough covers would result for Jun’s nose to bleed. “You are doing too much. Your body couldn’t handle. You can ask me to do some for you. Why are you so intense lately?”

 

“I’m getting near to my revenge. I won’t allow anything ruin it.” Jun stated clearly and desperately.

 

“You punk! You’d die before you could get your revenge because of your recklessness. You think going out to this cold weather with only your long sleeves and scarf on would protect you?” still bothered with the blood continuously flowing out of Jun’s nose, he took a cold ice to stop it. How ironic.

 

Jun momentarily glanced at his brother after the longest time he had stared on the ceiling to know what Abbot was doing because he’s standing beside him for a long time without talking. “What?”

 

“You look troubled.”

 

“No. I am not.”

 

“Yes. You are.”

 

“Fine. I can’t sleep lately.”

 

“Why so?”

 

“Wondering if I am doing the right thing.”

 

“You know I am not good at advising people but here’s what I learned. Trust your guts.”

 

Jun showed a faint smile and said “I’m touched.” Teasingly to a brother he’s known and loved as his real sibling.

 

Abbot laughed knowing how sarcastic Jun replied but that’s probably more comfortable than getting a sincere one. “Whenever you are ready.”

.

.

.

NIGHT BEFORE THE SHOW_

 In the middle of winter, Jeonghan was walking round and round scolding himself with “You idiot! How the hell do you always end up here!” in front of Lancelot on a winter night. Snow was gently falling down but his heart was racing so fast. Why wouldn’t he? He was scared that instead of focusing on his goal, he was being attracted to the man who might be an enemy. Who might be playing with him because he needed to. Jeonghan was wondering how it was possible that he hasn’t been with Jun most of the time, moreover, his identity was covered in complete shadow and yet he thought all the time he spent with him was worthwhile. He must be a total player.

 

Jun, on the other hand, noticed from the inside. He thought the troubled man needed a company. However, as he moved closer to the door, the other went farther. Was he mistaken from coming?

 

As soon as Jun opened the door, not even a coat on him, he rushed to call Jeonghan. Of course, Jeonghan would identify the voice. When he looked at him, his eyes were weary. Sullen, all the least from crying. “What brings an angel here?” smiled the other. “It’s cold outside… you mind going inside the shop? I-its…” blowing a fog from his shivering mouth realizing that he hasn’t put on his winter jacket. “It’s really cold.”

 

Jeonghan, despite the doubt to the other, felt relief with that smile. Always warm like the sunshine. Jeonghan get inside as he grabbed a warm cup of tea. “Thank you. I’m sorry for always troubling you.”

 

“Not a problem. I can always add those on your tab.” joked him. Jun knew it was a bad idea but seeing Jeonghan gloomy, it didn’t feel right. Anyway, that put a smile on the beauty’s face.

 

“You can tab it on Seungcheol.”

 

Once the mood was set, Jun said “I’m listening.”

 

Jeonghan inhaled heavily the same way he sighed. “I am making things bad for those who are dear to me.” started him. “It was scarier than a gun pointing on my head.” voice starting to crack. Jun was still all ears for Jeonghan.

 

“You seemed a different person, Jeonghan.” Jun noticed.

 

“I wake up every morning putting on different suits. It’s just tiring, Jun. Things have been constantly changing. I have to keep up and surpass every single one of them.” preventing his tears to fall. “It’s funny how I always end up here. I cannot let anybody see my weakness and yet here I am showing it to my probable enemy.” added Jeonghan boldly.

 

Looking at the poor beauty, Jun couldn’t help but to hold the other’s hand. He couldn’t say any more word that might comfort him because he knew how heavy and painful it felt. “I am sorry you are alone right now.”

 

“Can’t you be by my side?” begged the other. “I- I think I cannot go any further.” remembering how he lose his baby and now his mother.

 

Jun wasn’t good at anything like this. It was never his forte to comfort. However, he made sure Jeonghan could rest. “Feel free to stay as much as you like. I hope Seungcheol wouldn’t mind.” showing Jeonghan his room to sleep on.

 

Jeonghan smiled as he accepted the offer. By the door, Jun halted Jeonghan for a moment as he embraced the other gently. “It’s all going to be fine.”

 

That time, Jeonghan felt an angel touched his soul. He cried on his arms. “You are going to get up and rise again, Jeonghan. You’ll be fine.”

 

Jeonghan looked at Jun and immediately he calmed down. Just by the look into the other’s eyes he acquired so much spirit that night, he felt falling for the man deeper and deeper into the unknown. Jeonghan didn’t expect the kiss on the lips Jun, for the first time, had initiated. The man was serious and through his eyes he spoke strength to Jeonghan like some kind of a spell. Slowly, Jun caressed Jeonghan’s face delicately.

 

“Please do not say this is a mistake.” Jeonghan uttered. That moment, Jun replied with much bolder kisses. He was unstoppable.

 

With fast breathes, Jeonghan couldn’t have the chance to speak anymore. Their eyes fiercely gazed each other with passion as they laid on the bed. Jun held the younger desperately as he never wanted Jeonghan to leave.

 

Skin to skin, they’ve savor every sensation with every touch. It was breathe taking. Soft touches was quite addicting especially when Jun moved slowly but surely.

.

.

.

Waking up on the next morning on the same bed was almost a dream. Jun took a little time to steal a glance on the person beside him. He thought, Seungcheol was very lucky to have been seeing Jeonghan’s beautiful face every morning. Soon after, he stood up to prevent himself to stroll more from the little leisure he’s enjoying. He, by then, decided to start making breakfast for the both of them. While waiting for their food to be cooked, Jun grabbed a stick of a cigarette from his old drawer and lit it up with his golden lighter that was formerly his father’s. He inhaled and exhaled the smoke leisurely while staring at the blank space through the window.

 

Meanwhile, Jeonghan woke up smelling both the aroma of the bacon mixed with the smoke coming from a cigar. It felt nostalgic. With only a very loose long sleeves on, which he assumed Jun used to cover him while he’s asleep, he approached the older male quietly with a longing embrace from his back.

 

“Good morning.” Wishing all his morning would turn out exactly like this.

 

Jun looked at Jeonghan with a smile as he greeted back with his lovely and soothing voice. “Good morning.” Still with the cigarette clipped in between his lips. “I’ll deliver the food shortly. You may take your seat first.”

 

However, Jeonghan demanded a full audience instead, so Jun faced him completely together with his body. It was obvious that Jeonghan was staring intently towards his lips. He knew exactly why. Again, Jeonghan took his actions aggressively by pulling out the annoying stick off Jun’s lips. He put down the fire and immediately threw it in the garbage. “Mr. Moon, don’t go smoking again just because of me.” The younger noted before he placed a daring kiss towards the other.

 

“It’s not because of you. It’s because of what’s going to happen after today.” worried Jun.

.

.

.

That day, Jeonghan hadn’t shown up in their house but to their office by the port leaving Seungcheol worried all night. As soon as they met that very morning, he also saw the Moon family from Moon Lancelot down to their youngest, Lancelot Valentin. The poor man didn’t have a chance to talk to his wife personally as the meeting had abruptly started. The show was scheduled that night and they would all be busy.

 

When chance came to Seungcheol seeing Jeonghan alone in the office after the Moons had gone to the ship with their pre- production preparation, he called “You weren’t home last night.” said Seungcheol carefully.

 

“I’m with a friend.” stated Jeonghan sipping on his newly brewed coffee.

 

“Jun.”

 

Jeonghan looked at him confidently admitting where he was. Seungcheol sighed feeling that their relationship was suddenly crumbling down. He knew he didn’t took much effort in their marriage. He abused Jeonghan’s patience, love and respect and now they’re falling apart. Seungcheol was losing Jeonghan even before he could get him.

 

Jeonghan looked at the speechless man in front of him and said “Don’t worry, I will act normal in front of your guests. We’ll be sweet again like we always do. By the way, I’m not going to wait long.” referring to the divorce paper. “I will leave anyway.”

 

Seungcheol furrowed “You cannot leave.”

 

“I will and I should. That’s final. I already warned you. Enough of this game.” stated Jeonghan with a dead serious tone.

 

“Jeonghan… Can you tell me what’s going on?” asked Seungcheol, now feeling the anxiety of losing someone again.

 

“None of your business.” as he coldly walked out the room.

 

Seemed like things were turning upside down for the Choi couple and Seungcheol didn’t think it could be fixed with a simple talk like they always do.