SUIT & TIE: A Rushed Order

SUIT & TIE

 

In the middle of rescue, Vernon couldn’t take his eyes off his favorite boss. He was proud seeing Jeonghan leading the people before him. “That’s our boss.”

 

Meanwhile, Seungcheol who had just ran back to make sure no one’s inside but those agents and the people they arrested, was scolded directly by Jeonghan. “What now, Cheol? Wear your vest!” ordered Jeonghan like scolding an adult son. “How many times do I have to remind you?”

 

No time to defend himself, Seungcheol had no win over this. He wore his vest properly.

 

“Where is Vernon?”

 

“Right here?” Vernon smiling widely and handsomely presenting himself with his life vest like how Jeonghan wanted to see it. He had time to put his vest on when he saw Seungcheol being scolded. He was just right behind him yet he wasn’t caught.  

 

Seungcheol scoffed in disbelief seeing how Vernon acted out like he’s done it obediently. Now Seungcheol was the only one being hard headed. “ you for that, Vernon.”

 

Vernon chuckled upon Seungcheol’s misery. “What can I say? Save by the bell! Here’s yours. Prepare for a long lecture later, boss.” Vernon threw the life vest to his boss.

 

“What a jerk!” Seungcheol murmured in disbelief.

 

The other rescue boat they were waiting had just arrived. Seungcheol noticed Soon Young on it. “Hey. Why are you with the rescue team?”

 

“We happened to be near the area when I saw smoke at the sea.”

 

“I see. Thanks for the help.” Feeling proud for the boy.

 

“No worries. Now, if you don’t mind hyung, please get your here so I can fetch the other guys.” Soon Young said coolly.

 

Jeonghan was about to step on the rescue boat when he had the intuition to look back. There, he saw Jun in a complete different person. The delicate man he knew from the tailoring shop was now holding and arresting some criminal. Jun didn’t see him but Jeonghan felt that he discovered Jun in a whole new level. It’s as if he was a different person he thought. It’s a part sad but he couldn’t blame him because it’s his job. Nevertheless, he saw Jun again. “That jerk. He really came.”

 

Since all the innocent guests other than the Xu and Ivanov and a few more, the ship was kind of vacant. CIA and Interpol were free to move. Joshua and his team was waiting on a small boat left to watch the emergency during the operation until the vicinity was all cleared. Jun called for him and met by the deck. Jun spread the plan Jeonghan handed. Their next target would be the one with an X mark on the blueprint. Jeonghan noted that it was a soundproof and secret VIP room made for groups of wealthy men to enjoy gamble, drugs and other illegal negotiations. It was a perfect place to bust people with proof for legal purposes.  

 

“Freeze! Don’t move!” The authorities shouted as soon as they opened the doors of the said secret room. “Raise your hands in the air! NOW!”

 

People inside the room were all surprised. On the contrary, the police got what they wanted. There were lots pf proof on the table and in their pockets. Police even caught them using the drugs in the act. No one’s getting out that fast this time. It was also confirmed that they had in custody at least one of the trusted friends of the Ivanov and the Xu.

 

“Hey, we can negotiate. Give me your price.  I can give you what you want, just please release me.” Fearing that their boss would kill them if they knew.

 

“Sure.” Joshua and his team arresting them one by one “See you in court. You can explain things there.”

.

.

.

 

PORT_

 

Safely landing the land, the Choi couple had to apologize for the inconvenience. Moreover, they had to transfer Xu Minghao’s collections to another ship with top security on it.

 

“I’m really sorry this happened, Minghao.” Stated Seungcheol to prevent Minghao’s fury in the making.

 

In his surprise, Seungcheol received a warm “That’s nothing. It’s a minor accident and it’s not your fault.”

 

Seemed fishy for Seungcheol. That’s when he saw Minghao’s eyes set on Jeonghan after the conversation. There, he knew that Minghao was already neutralized by his charming wife.

 

“Although one thing upsets me, Seungcheol. I heard that you opened a negotiation with the Wang.”

 

“Where did you hear that?”

 

“From your uncles.” Referring to Seung Ri and Seung Gi. Now that Minghao brought them up, Seungcheol remembered that they were on the same ship. Most probably at the VIP room. It kind of made Seungcheol problematic because those two could just ruin everything once they talk. He thought he needed to talk to Jun about it.

 

“Ask my wife about it.” Stated Seungcheol to his query. “Jeonghan and Mr. Wang are old friends. You can’t blame him. To be clear, he had no idea about the disputes between the two families. If you want to talk about your feelings, talk to him... Besides, he had goods to offer and we all liked the proposal. Business is business, Minghao. No hard feelings. Don’t worry, it’s just a small partnership anyway.”

 

No matter how pissed Minghao was about the idea, if it’s Jeonghan, he couldn’t help himself but to accept. “Damn! Why are there so many people who likes your wife?”

 

Seungcheol found it absurd and said in annoyance. “Yeah. you all! Good for business but bad for marriage. I should talk to Jeonghan about his charm.”

 

Minghao chuckled. “My bad. I forgot he’s yours. He looks so independent, that’s why.”

 

“You really want to piss the hell out of me. I already told you Minghao, hands off. I should warn Jackson too.”

 

Minghao’s pretend to understand his situation. However, the nod and empathy he showed insulted Seungcheol.

 

All of a sudden, sirens were heard all over the place. In time with the arrival of the last boats that were dispatched. Since there were police out there who searched and rescued, they probably caught some illegal activities inside the ship.

 

“What’s happening?” acted Seungcheol while searching for his burdensome uncles. He was not wrong finding them both in cuffs.

 

“We found them in one of your rooms. They are caught with possession of illegal drugs and firearms.” Explained the police. “Would you mind coming along with us so we could question you about the activities?”

 

All sensed that it was a danger. EunWoo came to rescue and talked to the police saying that they do not tolerate such activities. Meanwhile, Minghao and the others were told about the situation. “We better bury those that were caught.” Scoffed Kai. “They couldn’t get out there easily anyway. Stupid bunch of thugs.” He murmured.

 

Minghao sighed heavily as he turned problematic seeing their members as well. “Oh dear, they bring no good to the family. Let me order my people. I’ll take care of that since most are all my men.”

 

“How about Seungcheol’s uncles?” asked Kai.

 

“Really pain in the .” Answered Minghao. “Seungcheol can take care of them himself.”

 

Before Seungcheol went to the police, he noted the families that were involved in the underground to not worry about the situation. He’ll give an update if he needed help. Looking at Vernon, he whispered an order to him before he went to Jeonghan who was scared at the moment.

 

“Hey love.” Called Seungcheol. “Vernon will call Seungkwan to fetch you. Sorry, got to attend to this. My stupid uncles were involved.”

 

“They are caught!” Said Jeonghan worriedly.

 

Seungcheol smiled as he cupped Jeonghan’s cheeks and kissed his forehead. “Don’t worry, I got this. Make sure you go to the hospital first for consultation before going home.”

 

Jeonghan held his husband’s hand, scared. The other knew. It’s been a lot to take for Jeonghan lately. From the moment they lost their child, Seungcheol knew Jeonghan was already vulnerable. Added to that was all the threats they were both receiving. Seungcheol was aware that it was impossible for Jeonghan to stay strong forever. Now, it’s his turn to stay strong for the both of them.

 

“I will not be long.” Promised Seungcheol as he smiled. “See you home. Cook some kimbap for me.”

 

“Don’t get yourself into trouble, Cheol.”

 

Seungcheol nodded. “No flirting while I’m gone, love. I have eyes here.” Threatened Seungcheol jokingly in order to lighten up the mood.

 

Jeonghan giggled sweetly and said “I’ll try not to. There’s a lot to take care after the incident.”

 

“Assign somebody else to do that for you. You need to rest.”

 

“Dear, will help you.” Volunteered EunWoo who overheard the conversation between the couple.

 

“Thank you. That’s a great help.”

 

“No worries. I’m also a partner Jeonghan. Don’t stress over this. I can handle. Let me to supervise.”

 

“I trust you. Will come along.”

 

“Honey, I think you need to go to the hospital and get checked. Rest and all will be taken care of. I’ll give you an update, so don’t worry.” EunWoo assured. “I’ve got Mingyu. He can help.”

 

 “Thanks a lot, Eunwoo. Sorry for the trouble. Let me take care of the guests before I leave.”

 

“Sure. Don’t push yourself.”

 

“Noted.” Smiled Jeonghan.

 

While taking care of the guests with Seungkwan, Jeonghan saw Mingyu alone by the corner. He looked like he’s a busy man and shouldn’t be wasting his time by too much waiting “Congressman Kim.” Called Jeonghan. “I’m sorry I had to borrow EunWoo. Would you like to wait at my office? I’d like to offer you some refreshments. We have a game room there.” Invited Mingyu courteously.

 

Mingyu smiled. “Call me Mingyu. Don’t worry, I’m good. It’s a part of his job being a part investor anyway. Thank you. I can wait or I can give you a hand. Just tell me.”

 

Oozing with charm, Jeonghan never thought that the young congressman was kind of a gentleman. “Thank you for the offer. Then, I might need some help. I owe you dinner some time.”

 

Mingyu did not hesitate and help.

After a while, Jeonghan’s head started spinning around. Seungkwan had to rescue. “Hyung. I think it’s better if I bring you to the hospital right now. I heard what happened and I think your health comes first. Don’t worry about this, I can take care of this after bringing you home.”

 

“Maybe you are right. Let me just talk to the other guests. Thank you, Seungkwan. Sorry for the trouble.”

 

“What are you talking about, hyung. It’s my job.”

 

Jeonghan needed to finish early and he thought he needed to excuse himself properly to the guests. He, again, approached Minghao and apologize since he had to leave early. “I’m really sorry, Minghao. Will update you as soon as possible. This is a great ruckus. I feel embarrassed for you to have experienced these events.” Referring all the inconvenience including the one with the police involved.

 

“No worries. You have to rest, my dear. It’s not your fault.”

 

“Thank you.”

 

“If you want, I can let you borrow my assistant, since yours is kind of busy. Besides, I need someone who can manage my things as soon as possible.” Minghao observed. “Besides, it’s my responsibility to take you to the hospital and to your home safely.”

 

“Oh thank you but Wonwoo might also be tired.”

 

Wonwoo did not hesitate to interrupt this time. “I am available.”

 

Here goes his mysterious kindness towards Jeonghan again. Minghao couldn’t just look at how Wonwoo acted towards people versus him. It’s strange. “Then, I expect you to drive him home safely.” Looking at Wonwoo with scrutinizing eyes. “You really are bored with me, aren’t you?” Minghao murmured to his assistant.

 

Wonwoo admitted by a nod. Minghao was defeated.

 

“To the hospital before bringing him home.” Ordered Minghao.

 

“I’m good, Minghao. Driving me home is enough.” Stated Jeonghan.

 

“No, my dear. I insist. I still have the responsibility of having you properly checked after the incident.”

 

“You are so kind, Minghao. Thank you.”

 

Seungkwan agreed to stay after securing his boss in good hands, as he was told, but still uncomfortable with the arrangement. Besides, EunWoo needed his help because he knows the twist and turns of every operation.

 

“I’ll be leaving now, Seungkwan. You know what to do. I trust you.” Jeonghan felt ever so confident with his assistant in doing a great job.

 

“Don’t worry about me but I am worried about you.” Seungkwan murmured while looking at the man who’s going to drive him home. He looked dangerous and very scary. He didn’t have any idea that the same man locked him in someone’s trunk and the one who was the one responsible of kidnapping the Vice President the last time.

 

“We’ll be fine. Just need to guide him.”

 

While Wonwoo was driving Jeonghan home after a quick check up, Jeonghan uttered with tease. “Do you really have to put a scary face every time?”

 

Wonwoo looked at the other from the rear mirror and answered “Yes.” Answered briefly with a voice deep and cold despite his smile.

 

“I see.” The other chuckled. “Have you eaten?” asked Jeonghan.

 

Wonwoo gestured that everything in that car was tapped, so better yet be careful before he answered “Yes.”

 

“I don’t see you eating. Might as well drop by the house. I’ll prepare something for you.” Said Jeonghan in kindness.

 

“No need, Vice President Choi but thank you for the offer.”

 

“You will eat! That’s final!”

 

Wonwoo looked surprised with the sudden order and had nothing to do but to accept the invitation. Jeonghan sure had no fear.

 

“I’m sure, Minghao will understand. I’ve bothered you a lot.”

 

“That’s not a problem, Vice President.”

 

“Go there. Turn right and then go ahead. Can we drop by a market?” asked Jeonghan for an excuse.

 

“Sure.”

 

“Don’t worry, I’ll call Minghao. Sorry to bother. Need to buy things.”

 

“Is there something I can help?”

 

“Can you buy vitamins in a pharmacy later while I’m in the grocery?”

 

“Sure.”

 

That time, Minghao was listening to their conversation as he doubted Wonwoo with his suspicious actions. Turned out that Jeonghan was just ever so kind, he unconsciously make people want him more with his stubbornness.  

.

.

.

Home cooking was one of the things Wonwoo missed. He was far from home for years now because of the mission. Being the only one who survived, he was too focused on his assignments that he already forgot how to feel like a normal person. It was so fortunate of him meeting a kind person like Jeonghan.  Together, they eat a warm home cooked meal. It felt nostalgic, Wonwoo missed his family back home.

 

“Thank you for this wonderful meal.” Wonwoo smiled.

 

“That’s nothing. I’m glad you like it. If you want another bowl, just tell me.”

 

“Sure I will. Thank you.”

 

“Wonwoo, is it okay if I ask personal things about you?”

 

“Sure. Ask anything.”

 

“Where exactly do you came from?”

 

Wonwoo understood that Jeonghan was curious about him and talked “I am from London but we migrated to America when I was about 10. We’ve been to many places after that because of my dad’s job.”

 

“I see. What is his job?”

 

“An agent. Just like your father, Agent Holmes. He and my father are quite acquainted.”

 

“Oh! I see. But, your name is Wonwoo right?”

 

“Jeon Wonwoo is my Korean name. I used my mother’s name on it. My English name is Dylan Cox. That’s what they call me back home.”

 

“Cool name!”

 

“Yours is beautiful too, Nikita.”

 

“Thank you but I’m scared of that name.”

 

“Sorry to hear that.”

 

“Well, it’s still mine. Jeonghan is a name that I borrowed from Mom and Dad’s 1st born. I feel bad for using it.”

 

“I’m sure he’ll understand. Did you find him yet? I heard he’s missing.”

 

“We have leads. I hope.” Jeonghan sighed. “Wonwoo, how did you agree to this job?”

 

“For my dad, mostly. I thought I’d quit being a soldier but after my father’s death… it forced me back after I learn about the recruits they need.”

 

“Forced you? You mean, it’s not your current job when you applied for it?”

 

Wonwoo nodded. “I’m an archeologist for quite some time.”

 

“That’s really amazing and fun!”

 

Wonwoo smiled remembering the excitement of his job back then. “It was. I enjoyed hunting treasures back then. Well, not as exciting as it sounds. It needs patience.” He chuckled.

 

“Good to hear that from you.”

 

After his wonderful meal with a fine and sensible conversation, it was unfortunate for Wonwoo to leave. “I should be going.”

 

Jeonghan preparing the lunchbox he had promise to Minghao as a proof “Hey, Wonwoo. Don’t dare die in there.”

 

Wonwoo smiled. “I will try.”

 

“For now let’s cling to that bracelet I gave you. Wear it at all times, alright? As well as the brooch. Keep it close to you. By the way, I have the keys inside the brooch. It’s pretty small. Can you perhaps research about it? The specifications are molded inside.”

 

“Understood. Is there any information that I need to keep in mind?”

 

“Nope. You are just fine. By the way, do you like tattoos?” asked Jeonghan all of a sudden.

 

“Doesn’t matter to me. Why?”

 

Jeonghan got a picture and gave it to Wownoo. “That will simplify things if Vera sees you.”

 

“Sure. Thank you. One more thing, Jeonghan. Do you still want to have business with Minghao?”

 

“Yup.” Jeonghan answered confidently. “He’s the only one who can save me.”

 

“I see. Then let me warn you again, he’s not the man you knew. He’s more than that, Jeonghan. Words can’t even describe his viciousness.”

 

“Don’t worry about me. If Minghao is into me, he will believe whatever I say. Worry about yourself.” Jeonghan chuckled.

 

Wonwoo sighed heavily. “You really can’t be stopped, I guess. I can help you but be aware that the consequences you might face with him might be unbearable. I need you to be strong as steel.”

 

“Understood!” replied Jeonghan with a jolly tone.

.

.

.

HOTEL IN INCHEON_

 

“Got anything?” Frustrated as Minghao sounded, the Ivanovs were pretty uneasy as well. They were both staying at one hotel just to figure out how they fix things regarding the people that got caught earlier by the police.

 

“I am hoping they won’t speak.” Kai added.

 

“You want them to be taken care of?”

 

“How?” asked Gavril.

 

“Call an old friend maybe. The ones whom you could contact at times like this. I am sure you have people in the international platform.”

 

That’s when they remembered Lancelot. Kai took the landline and contacted the shop in London where the old Moon could be by saying “Mr. Tailor, do you think you could rush me some orders?”

 

Lancelot might have an idea of what the order might be as he heard from Jun that they’ve already caught the people they targeted from the operation. “Fax your measurements. How would you like them to be done?”

 

“Finely finished as usual. Do not leave any loose threads, Mr. Moon. I am counting on you.”

 

“I will. Have a good day.” Lancelot finished.

 

After a few minutes, Gavril faxed the names and pictures of the men involved including their family. That’s when he passed the information to Jun.

 

“I got this. I need them still.” Currently cleaning up the tracks that would lead to Seungcheol. He was with the agents taking the criminals to their HQ on separate containers. Just before he left the country with the prisoners, he made a contact with Seungcheol through a public landline for security.

 

“Sorry, but I cannot release them. They won’t allow it.”

 

“I will go whatever your decision is.”

 

“And the two?” Jun referring to his uncles.

 

“Keep me posted.”

 

“For the record, I received an order to annihilate all that we caught from the big two.”

 

Seungcheol became problematic. He couldn’t make a right decision. He knew if he decide now, he’d most likely make a mistake.

 

 

_____Author's Message_____

Hello dear Carats! I hope you are still enjoying this series.

I miss you and please feel free to message me of anything or even give me your thoughts about this series.

Thank you so much! Be back! haha!