SUIT & TIE: The Black Knight on the Move

SUIT & TIE

SUIT & TIE: The Black Knight on the Move

 

CHOI CRUISE SHIP_ LUNCH DATE

 

Among all the possible choices of every luxurious dish all over the world, Julia was surprised seeing simpler and homey cooking on their table. Jeonghan was left in the kitchen while the two was left outside to wait. Jeonghan had chefs in charge of the artful and luxurious food while Jeonghan to whatever he felt like eating. Chefs were not surprised anyway. He usually crash over their kitchen to cook on his own whenever he’s in charge of a ship.

 

Not a bad combination at all, Julia thought. Jeonghan joined them bringing some of the food. “Shall we?”

 

“This is interesting.” Stated Julia with a smile.

 

“Hope you like it. I’m sure it’s not on your usual diet but your son loves my cooking. He always insist every time we rove together. Hope you like it.”

 

“Sure. I will. Thank you very much.” Julia was surprised in a good way. He looked at her son feigning a soft giggle feeling excited about eating. “Honey, you never eat my dish?”

 

Feeling guilty upon one bite, Seungcheol choked himself by swallowing the food without chewing properly. Thankfully, a little cough could adjust the situation as he spoke. “You are never a good cook, mom. You know it. Try, Jeonghan’s.” Chuckled sweetly like he was a sweet child.

 

Jeonghan thought it would hurt Julia but in his surprise, she giggled and nodded. “Yeah. Can’t even take my cooking as well.”

 

“But thanks for the effort mom.”

 

Julia laughed and said “I wish I could’ve a small session with Se Jong.” Referring to Minhyuk’s mom.

 

“You should have. Your Russian delicacies are toxic.”

 

Upon hearing the conversation between Julia and Seungcheol, Jeonghan was surprised seeing Seungcheol ever so sweet and humorous with both of his moms but never with his dad.

 

Persuaded with Seungcheol’s advertisement, Julia took a bite of Jeonghan’s cooking which Seungcheol has been eating since it came. Julia was delighted upon the food she puts in . It’s not as majestic as it looks but the flavors spoke for themselves.

 

“These are good!” looking at Jeonghan “Thank you for cooking for us.”

 

“My pleasure, Julia. Come by our house when you have time.”

 

“I’d rather eat here with the two of you. My son doesn’t like me in his safe place, yeah? And there’s more vibe here, don’t you think?”

 

“I see.” Jeonghan calling the performer and said “Can you play the violin? I want my mother-in-law pampered.” He winked to the hired performer which he knew because they’ve worked in the same ship once in a while.

 

Julia became delighted. “You are marvelous, sweetheart.”

 

“It should be perfect for a gorgeous woman like you.”

 

Seungcheol and Julia were obviously satisfied to the experience. Thanks to Jeonghan, everything became magical between his husband and his mother. As usual, Seungcheol was ever so proud to his beloved wife.

 

MINGHAO’S PRIVATE EVENT_ MV CLEOPATRA

Night_

 

Since it was a pre birthday party for Minghao and also a showcase of their newly mined precious stones, Jeonghan put a very nice set-up people would enjoy. The exhibit was of pure glamour and one of a kind, just like Minghao would love. LUXURIOUS & MAJESTIC.

Time to showcase.

“My dear guests, welcome! It’s my pleasure to show you our newest collection! Have fun. The auction will start in a while. Cheers!” a short speech made by Minghao wearing his flashy and fabulous printed pair of suit partnered with a long tail of fur coat and a pair of shoes studded with small pieces of high calibrated diamonds. He won’t let other’s win, would he? Beside him was introduced as the jeweler and the artist of some of their most expensive pieces in the room. It was none other than, Jeon Wonwoo. People were surprised knowing his value to the Xu family. He’s more of an asset than just a family member. Well, he’s got a perfect look and knacks to valuable things. It’s going to be a waste if he’d only end up being a mere body guard.

 

Meanwhile, Jeonghan was pretty much uneasy just by looking how Wonwoo could have been struggling all this time working with ruthless people. Quitting was not the best option for Wonwoo. The best thing they could do was to end the operation immediately and get him out there as safe as possible.

 

Finishing the toast, Jeonghan and Wonwoo met eyes. They’ve exchanged sweet smiles which Seungcheol wasn’t expecting to see. It actually made him uncomfortable because he’s not used to it. Moreover, their history won’t do.  

 

When Vernon noticed the contact between his favorite boss and Wonwoo, he was reminded of the unfinished business that was left hanging since the incident. Surprisingly, Seungcheol never raise the issue. It remained confidential since then. “Boss.” He whispered to his boss right beside him. “You never told me about him and Jeonghan hyung.”

 

“Let us talk in private later. I still needs to ask Jeonghan for a few more detail.”

 

Vernon accepted. There must be a reason. “He’s got some talent, huh?” eyes locked into the wondering Wonwoo. “That explains why and how he could act as he pleases.”

 

While Seungcheol was asked by a possible client, he noted Vernon with “Keep an eye on Jeonghan. I don’t like Minghao near him.”

 

It was an obvious impossible mission. Vernon retorted. “You know that’s pretty much impossible, hyung. They even have a meeting later.”

 

Seungcheol sighed. “Just monitor them while you can.”

 

As soon as the showcase began, people started roaming around to look for the perfect item to buy. Jeonghan was with Eunwoo that time. “Hey, what will you buy?” asked EunWoo curiously.

 

“Oh. No. I will not.”

 

“I’m sure he’s getting you something on all of these.” Thinking Seungcheol might got a little stingy.

 

“I told him not to.”

 

EunWoo was surprised “You are definitely one of the people I admire, Jeonghan.”

 

“I should say that to you. You look so gorgeous anytime anywhere.”

 

“Don’t say that, Jeonghan. You are definitely a demi god.”

 

Meanwhile, EunWoo’s husband, Kim Mingyu went into a bar where he could see Seungcheol and the little Governor as they dubbed Lee Jihoon. “You aren’t buying your partner a set?” Mingyu said barging in to their talk.

 

“He doesn’t like me to buy one. He’ll kill me.” Answered Seungcheol.

 

“People like jewelries, Cheol.” Said Jihoon. “He probably likes it.”

 

“He’d rather have his mom’s necklace he usually wears.”

 

“Must be valuable.” Said Mingyu.

 

“Yeah. It’s sentimental. It’s just an old tin can but it’s like the most precious jewel he ever possess.” Sighed Seungcheol sipping on his liquor. “EunWoo will definitely buy.” Added him.

 

Mingyu looking at his partner from a far agreed. “He will.” Problematic seeing his partner’s glistening eyes towards the stones.

 

Seungcheol observed how Mingyu looked at EunWoo with adoration. He couldn’t help but to scoff for it was absurd for him to see. “You are blind for him.”

 

“I do.” Admitted Mingyu nonchalantly. Passing his attention to the young governor to start a decent conversation, he asked “How about you, Governor Lee? Have you ever been in love?”

 

“Got a lot on my plate. Adding a possible burden wouldn’t help at all.”

 

Seungcheol chuckled remembering how Jihoon acted like they were still in school. “Ya. How old you think you are now, Jihoon? You need somebody beside you. A partner. You want me to recommend you someone? I’m afraid you’d get lonely.”

 

Jihoon felt nostalgic with the Seungcheol he’s talking to right now. He felt a little at ease thinking that they could actually talk like they usually did when they were younger. It felt comfortable. Seungcheol didn’t miss the smile on Jihoon’s face that time. That time, he thought that he could still save Jihoon. It was time for him to do what Jeonghan had asked for before it would become too late for Jihoon to be saved. “Just tell me, I’d get you someone who could get you on your knees.” Seungcheol teased.

 

“What are you trying to get me? I am not some kind of wild animal to be trained.” They both chuckled.

 

On the other hand, as people celebrating, Minghao took the chance to socialize. Only that, Wonwoo’s stares from a corner distracted him. He went to him just to drop by with “Stop the stares, Wonwoo. Relax and have fun! Why don’t you find a woman for you tonight? Get laid, men!” Minghao advised.  

 

“Not my interest.” Wonwoo coldly replied. Meanwhile, Minghao sighed.

“You are hopeless. Don’t follow me. Find your own space.” The minute he saw Jeonghan, his expression glistened. “Here comes my angel.”

 

This time, Wonwoo sighed in hopelessness. “Guess you are right. I’ll be taking a break. I can feel the breeze getting colder in this room.”

 

“Go. There’s a bar out there. Drink, my friend!”

 

“I’d rather do that.” After seeing Vernon on it.

 

“Great! Make friends! Buh- bye.” Seeing Wonwoo go.

 

Finally, Jeonghan had the chance to greet Minghao face-to-face “There you are! Happy Birthday! Got a present for you. I’ll bring it later when we talk privately.”

 

“Thank you. You look stunning!”

 

“Thank you. And you look handsome and fabulous as ever.” Complimented Jeonghan to the other.

 

“Thank you.” Receiving the compliment willingly. “Are you enjoying the party?”

 

“I am. Thank you very much.”

 

“Have you decided what to get from our new collection, my dear?” asked Minghao

 

“Actually Minghao, I like everything, but probably not getting right now.”

 

Minghao became disappointed. “Do you not like the designs?” asked worriedly although he personally loved the collection.

 

“I do. They all looked lovely. The designs are all exceptional! It was good to know that Wonwoo designed it all.”

 

“That’s his job, my dear. He designs and crafts all of them.”

 

“Very nice! I didn’t know. He never said that.”

 

“Forgive him, Jeonghan. He just doesn’t like talking much.” Mocked Minghao. Not quite happy, Minghao pout like a child. Jeonghan giggled with adornment when he noticed.

 

“You are adorable Minghao!”

 

“Thank you.” Back on his smile with hands holding Jeonghan’s tenderly. Seungcheol spotted and he’s not happy with it. “May I know the reason why you chose not to get one?”

 

“Oh.” Feeling guilty. “I think the money would be a good use if I donate it. I’m sorry, Minghao. I love your collection. I really do but I already promised Eunwoo and Mingyu money for their foundation.”

 

Learning how big Jeonghan’s heart was, the smile on Minghao’s face was seen again. He kissed Jeonghan’s hands with admiration and said “Oh darling… you have such a kind heart. I understand now and I can’t argue with that.”

 

Getting two champagnes from the waiter roaming around “Here you go! We’ll meet if you are ready.” Pertaining to the meeting.

 

“I’m expecting a lot from you Jeonghan.”

 

“Maybe I should give my present to you first.” He joked.

 

“Your presence is enough to impress me.”

 

“You silly. Thank you. I’ll see you in a while.” Giving the man a little cheek on cheek kiss, a way for the other to smell his scent subtly, to entice him. Seungcheol caught them but he took a blind eye as Jeonghan advised. Minghao was not really the threat at the moment anyway.

 

Julia, who was also invited, interrupted them as soon as she had a chance. “Dear Minghao, happy birthday!” she excitedly greeted with a warm embrace.

 

Looking so equally fabulous with her trade mark color- red, Minghao greeted her with a smile and a kiss on her hand as per usual. “Look at the beautiful Russian Doll right here. Have you had a favorite among my collection?”

 

“Yes! You are trying to rob me with the jewels, my dear. Your new jeweler is an exquisite and very talented!”

 

“Many says that. Praise worthy, I should say. I’m proud as his friend.”

 

Looking at her son-in-law “Jeonghan, have you picked?”

 

“I can’t, Julia.” Jeonghan answered with a shy smile.

 

“Why? Did Seungcheol say so? That little squirt.” Feeling offended for Jeonghan.

 

Jeonghan panicked as he sensed that Julia might scold Seungcheol so he thought he could explain. “Julia, I am the one who told him not to buy me anymore of those. He bought me a set. A really expensive one the last time and I scolded him for that. Besides, I’d rather give the money to a good cause.”

 

“Oh! How thoughtful of you two.” Proud as she spoke.

 

Meanwhile, trying to break out of the crowd, the Choi couple tried to escape so they could rest for a while. Eunwoo had the same sentiments but he had too many friends in the crowd. He told Jeonghan to sneak out while Minghao was distracted and he would follow. The crowd was totally draining their energies. They need strategy to get out without being noticed since it’s still early and Minghao might get disappointed if he caught them skipping ‘the fun’.

 

Seungcheol planned that they should go one by one. Only one problem, the Ivanovs could notice since they were just by the door. Seungcheol was worried for Jeonghan so he took the spotlight for his wife. He did the talking while leaving Jeonghan to SeokMin’s care. The young lawyer happened to be with his cousin Jihoon looking by the collections to choose and buy for a perfect gift for his mom’s birthday.

“That’s a nice pair of earrings!” said Jeonghan suddenly popping out of nowhere to be with SeokMin.

 

“Yes! It is. I think I might get it for my mom.” SeokMin smiled as he became delighted.

 

“You should get it. It’s perfect!” Faint smile both Lees noticed on Jeonghan. He’s really losing control of his body when he sees the Ivanovs, especially his father and his brother.

 

“You look pale, you alright?” asked SeokMin gently.

 

Jeonghan was surprised with the call as he uttered in panic “Uh-yeah. Sure. I am. I’m getting tired, that’s why. I’ve got things to prepare at the cabin for the meeting later with Minghao.”

 

“I see. Should I accompany you? Was about to go back to my cabin as well to get something.” SeokMin lied for some reasons. He was curious about Jeonghan that time and maybe he’d like to quench his intrigue over the person.

 

Leaving the place right just by the big door, DK and Jeonghan found a beautiful woman in emerald colored body fitting dress. She was by the big window to see the seascape drinking her champagne alone. DK felt trapped as he gazed at the stranger’s beauty. She looked glamorous in her hourglass shaped body and y with her obviously strong personality. She looked like a king in a queen’s body. Her gazes were powerful despite her dainty facade, SeokMin can’t just get pass her.  

 

“Good evening, my lady.” Greeted SeokMin merrily. It definitely caught her attention. “Seokmin.” Reached for the hand of the lady to be kissed.

 

The lady was pleased and replied “Vera. Vera Ivanov.”

 

Learning that the lady was his sister, the more Jeonghan became uncomfortable. Although, a part of him was relieved seeing Vera became a beautiful lady.

 

On the other hand, since Jeonghan became frozen for a second, Seokmin was the one to initiate the introduction of his friend. “This is Jeonghan, partner of Choi Seungcheol.”

 

“Pleased to meet you. You are looking quite divine here.” Complimented Vera feeling a good vibe on the other. Also, the way he dress… he looked like in control and Vera liked it.

 

Jeonghan displayed his smile, now, getting comfortable seeing Vera so gentle and maybe a little tease based on her smile as always. “Nice to meet you too. Thank you but you should look at yourself. You are quite an eye stealer.” Stated Jeonghan sportily.

 

The complement made Vera chuckle. “You know how to play, young man.”

 

“Why aren’t you in the party?” asked Jeonghan curiously.

 

“It’s boring in it.” Vera chuckled.

 

“Then, want to go with us? I know a place where you can relax.” Invited Jeonghan. Jeonghan thought his sister never change. She’s all on her own. Wild and free. That’s a good to know. Jeonghan didn’t remember Vera being bad at them, it’s just that she was kind of indifferent. In fact, with all the memories he had in his childhood, Vera can only be seen smiling when she’s around them, mostly when Tristan came into their life.

 

“Yeah. Sure! Thank you for the invitation. That’d be great! You know how to make people happy and satisfied Vice President Choi, I heard.”

 

“Just doing my job to be honest. I know how you feel.” Winked Jeonghan. “Although I have to leave you in a short while since I got a meeting.” Feeling ashamed that he wouldn’t enjoy peace with them.

 

“No problem.” Responded the two. “You can join anytime!”

 

 

Sure it was a very busy night and people might have been feeling exhausted whether they like to party or not. Especially to those people who didn’t really like to socialize at all. Along their way to a good spot, Jeonghan was talking about, they ran into Wonwoo somehow. The man was alone in the dark, standing by the bright moon in the shade. What a coincidence! Jeonghan, then, took the chance to talk to Wonwoo as well.

 

“Wonwoo?” called someone from behind.

 

Meanwhile, SeokMin stepped backwards finding himself a safe place enough to protect himself from Wonwoo’s gazes. His eyes sure could kill. “Hey, Jeonghan. Are you friends with him? I’m scared of him.”

 

“What are you talking about, DK, he’s a sweet guy!” feeling proud somehow. “Have you met him before?”

 

“A few times.” DK explained not sure if he’s going to trust Jeonghan with the ‘sweet-guy’ branding on the other. “He used to deliver things to Jihoon.”

 

“Oh~ He’s sweet. Stop worrying!” feeling absurd on what he’s hearing with Seokmin.

 

Meanwhile, Wonwoo looked at them with unguarded presence. His face was full of innocence that time. Nobody could even tell he’s working for the mafia. It fascinated the scared lawyer behind Jeonghan and Vera. He definitely had a very charming presence when he’s not killer gazing. Wonwoo felt different and harmless.

 

“I bet you cannot bear inside.” Guessed Jeonghan.

 

Wonwoo stood up straight and made a very affectionate, close to smiling face. “Yeah.”

 

“Well, there’s a place for tranquility. Wanna go with us?”

 

“I don’t mind.” And then he finally smiled.

 

MV CLEOPATRA_ RECREATION CENTRE_ SPA

 

Seokmin new the place and it would be a great place to unwind. All of them dipped into a luke warm water being served by some wine and finger food. It was a great experience. Moreover, the place was exclusive and serene since everyone was at the party.

 

 “Do you have kids?” asked Jeonghan curiously directed to Vera, starting to have a friendly conversation with a weird start, to be honest.

 

“None.”

 

“How about a partner?”

 

“None either. I hate them all.” Replied Vera confidently but not offended at all. She’s quite happy.

 

Then, that’s the time Jeonghan became a tease. “I see. Then, looks like you and Atty. Lee is fated to see each other here.”

 

SeokMin was surprised with the sudden involvement in the conversation. “Ya! Why me?” DK blushed.

 

“You are single, am I right?”

 

“Yeah?”

 

“And you are kind and very handsome! You see, DK, I did you a little favor here. I’m sure Vera would give you a chance.”

 

“Why not?” chuckled Vera liking the small friendly ambience.

 

SeokMin became flattered. “Well, cheers to that! You really are naughty, Jeonghan.”

 

Vera was amazed on how Jeonghan play with the conversation. He’s like the master of the whole zone. Suddenly, as she was looking at him, she thought “You know Jeonghan, you resemble my brother, somehow.”

 

“I see. Is he here?” asked Jeonghan without faltering.

 

It was visible in her eyes the sadness as she answered. “Nope.” And sighed thinking of her two little brothers. “I hope I still have him. I mean the both of them. I lost both my little brothers in an accident. I should’ve gone with them.” Sighed heavily as she thought.

 

“Sorry to hear that.”

 

“Don’t be. I just hope I can see them again someday. I miss those naughty boys. I don’t even know if they are still alive.” Disappointed as she may sound but she didn’t want their talk to be all sadness. “Do you have siblings, Jeonghan?”

 

“Yes. I do have!” smiled Jeonghan.

 

“I believe they are not as pesky like my older brother. That dude is really annoying.”

 

Jeonghan chuckled. “My older brother has a weak heart but I know he’s a fighter. He’s the kindest person I know. He’s funny too! My younger brother acts like a grown up man. Tsk! Tsk! Cute but naughty. I love both of them. I am actually the trouble maker.” He admitted.

 

“Uh- Jeonghan, Soon Young is a grown up man. Besides, how can you be the trouble maker? You are smart!” DK reminded.

 

Everyone chuckled. However, as much as Jeonghan wanted to stay, he needed to attend a meeting with Minghao. Wonwoo might go as well because, most probably, he’s needed in that meeting.

 

CORRIDOR_

Jeonghan and Wonwoo became alone that time. Jeonghan thought it would be nice if they could talk so he called “Mr. Jeon.”

 

Wonwoo looked at him without saying any word.

 

Jeonghan smiled and get close to him “I will get you out as soon as possible.”

 

Wonwoo smiled and said “That’s so sweet of you but you have lots on your plate right now and I can’t be one of them. I will find a way.”

 

While walking along the corridor, Jeonghan became curious about Wonwoo. “Say, what does your childhood looked like?”

 

“I was kind of a quiet kid but I can say I enjoyed my younger years.”

 

“That’s good to know. How about your relationship with your parents?”

 

Wonwoo grew comfortable with Jeonghan. “My parents are kind to me just like you. Thank you.”

 

“Any friends?”

 

“I have. A few trusted one.”

 

“I’m so worried about you.” Jeonghan couldn’t take his mind of the man.

 

“I can say that.”

 

“My heart is pounding hard every time I see you with Minghao. They tell unpleasant things about him.”

 

Wonwoo chuckled. “I can take care of myself. You should take care of yourself too. Call me when you need me.”

 

“Same goes here.” Supporting the other. “I’ll see you later.”

 

Before the two part ways for a while, Jeonghan had to ask “Wonwoo… what does your boss like in a meeting.”

 

“He’s usually strict and scary with his meetings but not with you. You don’t even need a presentation to get his interest. He really likes you and I should say, you be careful on that.” Advised Wonwoo.

 

“I see.” Arriving at his cabin, Jeonghan murmured. “Hey, stay safe, Wonwoo.”

 

“I will. You too.”

 

“I will.” Scrunching his nose with all his adorable charms. “Oh- by the way!” Jeonghan moving fast to his luggage to take a bracelet and give it to Wonwoo.

 

“What is this for?”

 

“For now on, it’s yours, brother.” He winked. “It will protect you. Keep this with you at all times, including the other that you showed me.”

 

Jeonghan clipping the small bracelet which thankfully fit on Wonwoo’s grown up hands, the other was wondering about it before he said his thanks while listening to “Wear it every day.”

 

“I will.” Smiled Wonwoo faintly.

 

After some time, Wonwoo had finally changed his clothing back to normal. He was ready to go and see Minghao for a meeting. That time, he saw a waiter going to his direction carrying a tray as if someone ordered for a room service. It seemed unusual when everybody should be at least still in the party. He didn’t mind at first but his guts was saying to look for the second time. The waiter was a little far a back when he took a glance again. Nothing unusual about the uniform however, the moment he saw the shoes, he noticed the difference among all the hosts inside the cruise ship. It’s odd that the man was wearing a sneakers instead of a leather one. Wonwoo got curious. He followed the man’s movement with his sharp eyes unnoticed. He was thinking if he’s done delivering an order, the waiter should be heading to either kitchen or to the hall where people gathered. In his surprise, the suspicious waiter had gone to neither.

 

Wonwoo then had thought of the waiter’s path from earlier. He traced it on his memory and discovered that the only person in that hallway beside him was Jeonghan. He got a strong feeling he should run towards Jeonghan rather than chase the server. Wonwoo ran as fast as he could hoping that Jeonghan was safe.

 

As soon as he arrived at the Choi’s cabin, he knocked as hard as he could to let Jeonghan know that it was an emergency. That time, Jeonghan was right at the mini bar beside their bed, fresh from shower while enjoying a freshly opened champagne. It was delivered by a waiter saying it was a complimentary drink.

 

“Vice President!” called Wonwoo in haste repeatedly. His voice made Jeonghan worry and terrified. He was about to answer but his visions become blurred. Head was getting light while his heart pounded as hard and fast as the knock.

 

“I-“ feeling weak all of a sudden, he gripped anything near him to balance while the other hand was right on his chest. Having difficulty in breathing, he couldn’t make an answer.

 

“Vice President!” continued his heavy knocks. “Jeonghan! Jeonghan!” Shouted Wonwoo worriedly. In his mind, Jeonghan couldn’t ignore such force by the door even when he’s sleeping. Since Jeonghan was not answering at all, might as well take actions before it’s too late. He’s not feeling good about seeing that waiter. Although that was just a theory running in his mind, it would be better if he get answers as soon as possible.

 

Wonwoo tried to break the door. Luckily, Jeonghan still had the strength to reach the door and open. “Wonwoo-“ breathing heavily. He locked his grip on Wonwoo’s arm feeling the pain in his chest as if he was asking for help.

 

That time, Wonwoo looked around as fast as he could and saw a broken glass on the floor and a champagne originally from China. It was one of the best ones that’s why Minghao brought it to the ship as a complimentary drink for everyone to enjoy. However, it made Wonwoo think that people are drinking those at the party, what was wrong in this particular one? “That champagne… did you drink it?”

 

Jeonghan nodded as he slowly loses sight of the man in front of him.

 

“How much did you take?” asked Wonwoo hurriedly.

 

“Just a little.” Answered Jeonghan chasing his breathes.

 

“!” Wonwoo grunted. He carried Jeonghan to bed as soon as possible. “Stay awake.”

 

“What is happening?”

 

“The champagne is poisoned. You need to take it out.” Wonwoo recommended as he did the first aid he knew. However, it didn’t work out. Although, it helped Jeonghan spit out some.

 

“How are you feeling?” asked Wonwoo, however, Jeonghan continued to breathe heavily with cold sweats. Wonwoo felt the urgency of asking help. “Hang in there. I will look for a doctor. I need to bring you to somewhere safe.” Wonwoo immediately carried him on his back the most comfortable way possible. “Jeonghan, I’m going to bring you to your friends back in the spa. I need you to stay conscious, alright?”

 

Jeonghan couldn’t answer but a nod he signaled.

 

“This would be painful but get a hold on me.” As Wonwoo ran hurriedly yet as delicate as possible. As soon as they arrived at the spa, Wonwoo seek their attention urgently. It surprised both SeokMin and Vera upon the emergency they were called at.

 

Seeing Jeonghan was kind of weak and unconscious “What happened?” asked SeokMin.

 

“He’s poisoned.”

 

“What?” uttered SeokMin in surprise. “Who did it?”

 

“I don’t know. It was a waiter. I will find out as soon as I see a doctor that can help. I think the poison is already in his system.”

 

“There’s an intake?” asked Vera.

 

Wonwoo nodded “I thought it was because of the champagne.”

 

At the same time, SeokMin was troubled thinking that guests drink champagne. “Are you sure?”

 

Wonwoo had a hint that SeokMin was worried about the drinks they’ve been consuming since they arrived and answered “It was only for Jeonghan, I guess. A waiter delivered it personally.” Since there’s no time to waste “I need to find a doctor. Do you know anyone?”

 

“No need. Just stay here. Get my purse. I’ve got some things there.” Instructed Vera intuitively.

The two paused thinking that there’s no time to waste but Vera noticed just in case the two haven’t figured that out yet. “I am a doctor. Get my purse. Faster!”

 

No wonder why she’s got a bigger handbag than any other women in the room.

Since the main problem was solved, all they need to do was to wait of any update from Vera. Wonwoo’s next step was to get Seungcheol or Vernon in the scene with Jeonghan. “Stay here. I’ll get assistance.” As soon as he stood up, there was something hanging around Wonwoo’s wrist that definitely called Vera’s eyes. It was a bracelet. It looked familiar to her but she wasn’t sure if it was the bracelet that once was hers. She gave a similar one to her younger brother that time they got separated. The only thing that would confirm it was the markings behind those plates.

 

Vera became stiff for a while, looking at the man in front of him, hoping that he was her younger brother at last. She didn’t take out the possibility of finding her brothers again since there was a rumor that Nikita was still alive. She was very expectant but was also afraid that the man couldn’t accept her as a family.

 

PARTY HALL_

 

Wonwoo was in haste. He needed to find Seungcheol or Vernon as soon as possible. The moment he saw a security, one of the Choi’s guards patrolling the ship, he called his attention and explained the emergency. The guard was alerted and called their boss as soon as possible. Meanwhile, Wonwoo asked for help in order to search for the suspect. He gave the details they needed and started searching discreetly as possible.

 

Seungcheol was right at the bar talking to his friends by the time Vernon called him to bring the bad news. Seungcheol stood up as abrupt as he changed his expression into rage. Jihoon and Mingyu noticed his change of mood and asked “What’s happened?”

 

“Jeonghan was poisoned.” Frowning his brows in anger.

 

“What?” asked Jihoon and Mingyu.

 

“Then go, leave the doctor to me. I know someone in this crowd.” Volunteered Mingyu.

 

“I think they already found one. Thanks for the offer. I have to leave.”

 

Seungcheol’s party moved as discreetly as possible, however, there’s no way Minghao wouldn’t notice. Not with that face Seungcheol was portraying inside his party. Besides, Vernon was moving quite fast it alerted him.

 

“What is going on?” asked Minghao innocently.

 

Seungcheol gazed at him angrily and said “Someone in this ship has the guts to touch my wife!”

 

“What do you mean?” Eyes widened with the news.

 

“Jeonghan was given a drink with a poison on it.”

 

Learning that his favorite and most adored person was harmed inside his watch, he became furious as well. “Who did this?”

 

“You should be seeing me with a gun pointing at him right now if I know.” Said Seungcheol as he gritted his teeth in a hurry to go to his partner.

.

.

.

Vernon saw Wonwoo in the alley, restless, upon searching for the criminal who hurt Jeonghan. “Hey, what do we got?”

 

“Not yet.” Wonwoo stated as he explained the details he saw on the man from earlier. As of the moment, they were both in search for the criminal with the other guards around the ship.  

 

“I’ll see you later.” Vernon had a lot to ask to Wonwoo but Jeonghan was the priority. They both divided the search for themselves.

 

Meanwhile, Seungcheol headed right to the recreation center to see his partner. It was a good thing learning that Jeonghan was far from danger now. All he needed was rest. Seungcheol quickly and sincerely thanked Vera for her immediate respond and DK for the assistance.

 

On the other hand, Vera thought it would be nice for Seungcheol to know the man he should actually thanked for the most “Wonwoo did a great job with the first aid. He’s smart.”

 

“Thank you.” Seungcheol carried Jeonghan on his arms gently on their way to their cabin to rest.

 

Since the search was still active, Vernon saw his bosses by the hall. He made sure they were both safe while commanding the other guards to stay vigilant.

 

“Vernon.” Called Seungcheol all enraged still.

 

“Yes boss.” Eyes were emotionless while heart was burning in anger.

 

“Find that bastard and kill him right after you extract something from him.” commanded coldly.

 

“Will do boss.” Clutching his knuckles tight as he blamed himself for the incident. Jeonghan would have been perfectly fine until now only if he remained vigilant. “I will take full responsibility.”

 

Inside the cabin, Seungcheol was with Jeonghan all the time. He stayed by his side hoping that he would be fine.

.

.

.

Meanwhile, Vernon and Wonwoo spotted the man behind the poisoning, but he was too fast. The chase got them through the deck of the ship right at the back. They were really close to get him but before they could reach for him, he jumped off the ship. They tried to spot him at the sea but it was too dark. After a few moments, they felt a little commotion disturbing the whole ship. The captain went out to check. He guessed it was something that abruptly interrupted with the propeller. The two guards already had the answer and they know they failed and it . The man was dead and they got nothing on hand at the moment.

 

“!” said Vernon.

 

“I’m sorry, I wasn’t able to help.” Said Wonwoo while both looking at the sea.

 

“No. Thank you for saving my boss.”

 

“That’s nothing.”

 

“Now, I am back to zero. Who might be the mastermind of this sabotage?” thinking all pissed. Vernon couldn’t settle unless he find out who was behind.