002

This Girl, That Girl

 

“No, higher.”

Hana checked reflection again, she was fitting a black pencil skirt, she was checking the slit.

“I’m going to wear this to work, Kai. Not a club.” She said dryly, Kai chuckled and stood up from the velvet seat.

“It’s a slit. It will show skin.” He rolled his eyes before trying to tug on the fabric lightly, the two sales assistants blushed as he winked at them.

“Get off.” Hana sighed at him; he stood up straightly and looked at her legs.

“There you go, much better.” He whistled, she just shook her head.

“Are we still up for next week, Honey?” Kai asked.

Lee Hana, the current vice president of Samsung, an only child and best friend to Kim Oil Group’s playboy, Kim Jongin.

“Yeah, it’s already on my schedule.”

“Finally, it’s official. You sure love your schedules.” Kai said dryly, she sent him a look.

“But seriously, yeobo,” He started as he followed her out of the fitting room.

“What?”

Kai was the only person who called her yeobo or honey, it was because of her name, Hana. He didn’t like to call her Hani, but preferred honey and translated it to “yeobo”.

Kai pointed to the lady behind them, she had been tailing them ever since they got inside the mall.

“What if it’s something important?” Jongin asked.

Hana glanced at her mother’s secretary briefly.

“If it were, I would know. Maybe eomma just wants to stalk on me or something.” She shrugged before going inside a Louis Vuitton boutique.

 

 

The elevators doors opened, Mark stepped out and he coughed mildly.

“When are the renovations going to be finished?” He asked as he glanced as labor men passed by.

“In two weeks, sir. They’re working in max speed.” His secretary replied.

“You don’t have to rush them, accidents might happen. We don’t want that.” The Tuan heir said calmly.

Employees greeted him politely a he passed by. His secretary looked one as the young male spoke with one of the department heads.

Mark Tuan is the current CEO of Tuan Holdings, a multi-billion dollar company whose main offices are in Taiwan and Singapore. And the eldest son was assigned in their South Korean branch; Mark has been staying in the country for almost four years and has gained recognition for his good leadership and approachable nature.

“Then, I’ll wait for the reports this afternoon then.” He said before walking towards his office, he checked his watch briefly.

“You have that meeting with Samsung in an hour, sir. I’ll call you when it starts.”

“Samsung? The partnership my father mentioned? I’m the one handling it?”

“Yes, chairman. Their representative will be coming here.”

“Arasso. Send me the documents.”

“Yes, sir.”

Mark patted his arm before going in his office.

 

 

“Vice president,”

Hana sighed and looked at the lady, Kai shook his head.

“I rarely take day offs, what is it now?” She asked before taking her seat.

“I’ll go get us coffee.” Kai said before leaving the two, Hana faced her mother’s secretary.

“It’s a partnership project that samonim wants you to handle.”

“I think I was already told about this, but I thought this wasn’t due to happen till next month.”

“It has been moved, ma’am.”

Hana chewed on her lip, the lady took out her phone and placed it on the desk.

“Tuan Holdings?” Hana looked up.

“Yes, vice president.”

“Okay, I’ll..call eomma after this and I’ll be there. Where is it?”

“Grand Hyatt, ma’am.”

She nodded.

“Arassoyo, I’ll be there in time.”

The lady took her phone and left the café, Kai grinned and set the tray before her.

“Work?”

“Yeah, apparently this big project has been moved forward.”

“Don’t you live for that? More work?”

“Don’t start. I don’t want to argue with you yet.” She said before taking a long sip from her iced latte.

 

 

“Just how big is this project?” Hana asked as she stepped on the gas.

“It’s with a big company, dear.”

“Obviously, seeing as how even halmae and halbae are coming, it’s as if you’re giving the company away.” She said dryly, her mother shushed her.

Hana rolled her eyes and checked the streetlight.

“Where are you?”

“A few blocks away, who am I meeting again, eomma?”

“The Tuans, dear. You met one of their representatives a few weeks ago.”

Hana paused briefly, she shifted gears and stepped on the pedal again.

“Partnership? So, whats the agenda?”

“You’re driving, Hana, we can talk about this later.”

“Eomma, do you want me to look like a fool? I’m not prepared to meet this people.”

Her mother chuckled.

“It’s fine, dear. It’s nothing too serious, just getting to know each other. And I’ve met their son, he’s good looking!”

“Huh.” She arrived at Grand Hyatt’s curb.

“I’ll be there in a few minutes then, please don’t order that crab soup again.”

 

 

Mark slid down from his Aston Martin and handed the keys to the valet. He made his way to the revolving doors.

“Good looking son? What is she thinking?”

He glanced at the lady who was walking before him, she was wearing a pair of wide leg denim jeans and a high neck crop top.

Who sets a business meeting at a hotel? It’s so…flashy.” She muttered darkly. Mark saw her rummaging through her bag while walking, then she halted.

Great, I left my wallet at the playboy’s car.

Mark looked for the elevator and a loud clink on the floor made him halt, the girl was still walking forward while fixing the straps of her purse.

Mark walked towards her car key on the floor and picked it up.

“Excuse me,” He called after her, the girl just kept on walking, Mark bit his lip and jogged after the girl.

Miss, you dropped your key.” He noticed that it was a Lamborghini, he looked up.

The girl blinked at him, he lifted his hand.

Oh, thanks.” She nodded and took it from him.

Lambo? Cool car.” He said with a small smile.

It’s kind of a requirement around here.” She pressed the button on the wall, the doors pinged open.

Mark gestured for her to get in first.

You here on a vacation? I’m…assuming..non-Korean?” She spoke.

No, I work here.

The doors opened again, the girl nodded.

Thanks again…?” She looked at him questioningly.

Mark.

 

Hana.” She nodded before stepping out of the machine and walking away.

 

 

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++