017

This Girl, That Girl

Hana stepped inside the department store, she had changed into an all red playsuit that had cut outs on her midriff.

“Where are you?”

She rolled her eyes and pressed her Bluetooth earpiece closer.

“They have this welcome back party for Jaebum tonight. I’m buying wine.”

Kai chuckled.

“What?”

“Look at you, being all social while I’m away. That’s good progress, yeobo.”

She shook her head.

“The craziest thing happened today.” She stated.

“What?”

“I witnessed Mrs. Tuan giving Ilse’s girl a hard time. Ask me where.”

“Where?”

“Mark’s office. I had to make up an alibi or else she might be skinned alive in front of me.” She shuddered.

“She deserves it.” Kai said flatly, Hana halted, she was just about to enter the wine section.

“You found out.” Hana blinked.

“How could you not tell me? My yeobo got hurt.” He cooed, she cringed.

“Kai~”

“This is me giving my go signal. Unleash that conniving brat in you.” He said coolly.

Hana grew silent.

“She started it, you know.” She said quietly.

“I know.”

“I just…I wanted to help Mark from the beginning. I didn’t want to see another relationship go to waste.” She exhaled.

“Yeobo, if you want to protect Tuan boy, go ahead. He’s a good friend, but,” Kai pointed out, Minah picked up a bottle sauvignon.

“Protect yourself first.”

“Me?” Hana echoed.

“Yes, you. Protect that ice cold thing on your chest called your heart.”

“Ya!”

Kai just laughed before ending the call.

 

 

“So, you called her?” Jackson asked his friend, Jaebum eyed him questioningly.

“Seolah? Yeah, you said to.”

Jackson just grinned and leaned back on the couch.

“What are you thinking? No scheming please.”

“Don’t you think it will be awkward?” Another male joined them, Jackson looked at Jinyoung.

“Having the fiancé and girlfriend in one party?” He finished.

“Hana’s okay with things, you know her.” Jaebum said, Jackson just smield to himself.

“I do, yes, but, I don’t know, it sounds wrong.” He shrugged.

“But, what happens if Mark really needs to marry her?”

Jaebum paused.

“Then we’d say bye bye to Seolah.” Jackson stated.

“Ya, Mark likes her. Genuinely.”

“But what about her?” Jackson replied, Jinyoung paused.

“Does she really like our friend genuinely?”

Jaebum looked at Jackson questioningly.

“I’m just curious. I mean, it’s seems too good to be true.” He defended.

“Yeah, just like Mark being paired up with the only Samsung heir, too good to be true.”

Jackson just smiled and bumped fists with Jinyoung.

“Ya, no trouble please.” Jaebum warned.

“Oh come on, don’t tell me that…that Taylor Swift song didn’t play in Mark’s head as soon as he saw Hana.”

“What Taylor Swift song?” Jinyoung was confused.

“I knew you were trouble when you walked in~” Jackson mused before walking to the kitchen.

 

 

Mark parked his car beside Jackson’s at Ims’ lawn, he saw his friends gathered by the pool.

Tuanniepoo!” Jackson hollered, he just shook his head at him.

“Seolah just got here, she’s in the kitchen helping out Jinyoung.” Jaebum said as he slapped his arm.

Mark exhaled and puffed his cheeks.

“Did something happen?” He asked, Jackson looked up from the grill.

“My mom happened.” Mark quipped before taking a seat.

He looked up when he heard the glass doors slide open, Seolah was chatting with Jinyoung as they set the plates on the table.

“Mark Tuan.” Chungah grinned as she joined them by the lounge chairs.

“How have you been?” Mark smiled.

“Been better, stop antagonizing my best friend.” She mused, Mark just bit his lip.

Then a loud purr made them pause, Jackson grinned as he flipped the steaks.

“Hana?” Jinyoung grinned.

Seolah’s grip on the utensils tightened.

“Who else?” Jaebum shook his head just as a Mitsubishi Lancer arrived, the tires screeched in protest as she stepped on the brakes.

“How…tacky.” Chungah blinked as she looked at the newcomer, she had parked beside Mark’s Huracan and Jackson’s Chiron.

“You should see what’s under the hood.” Mark mused at her, Seolah exhaled and looked away.

Then the door slid open, Hana slid down and looked at them, she smiled.

Now I’m lying on the cold hard ground, oh, oh, trouble, trouble, trouble!” Jackson hummed as the Samsung heiress made her way to them.

“Lee Hana,” Jinyoung stood up to greet her.

 

 

“Kai’s yeobo!” Jackson hooted before giving her a warm hug.

Hana chuckled and hugged him back.

“I brought wine.” She said, Jinyoung took it from her.

“How’s the wound?” Jackson asked as they walked towards the poolside, Hana linked arms with him as they walked.

“Better.”

“Tuan, your wife’s here!” Jackson said crassly before hopping back to the grill, Hana just blinked at him.

“Wang Jackson.” Jaebum sighed at him, he just shrugged.

Mark stood up and walked towards them.

I’m not ready for another proposal.” She warned lowly, he just laughed.

“Oh.” She paused when her eyes landed on Seolah.

Hey, if I knew she was coming, I wouldn’t~

No, no, Han, it’s fine. It’s my problem, I should fix it.” Mark said before pulling her towards the lounge chairs.

 

 

“So, how are you holding up? The Hana I know would be wanting to escape this.” Jinyoung mused as he joined her in the kitchen.

“I…I don’t know, I want to escape it. But this time, I don’t think I can.”

Jinyoung nodded, he knew how difficult it was to be in her position, being Samsung’s next president, no siblings and the fact that the BOD wasn’t comfortable on giving her full responsibility because she’s a woman.

“One wrong move and it might cause more trouble again.” She mused before taking a sip from her wine.

“Is something bothering you?” He asked her.

“Can I ask you something?” She spoke, Jinyoung nodded and poured himself a glass.

“What if…I see something then I know it would potentially hurt…Kai, what should I do?”

Jinyoung blinked.

“Kai? What would hurt him?”

“I..I don’t know, a girl? A girl cheating on him?” She sputtered.

“Kai’s a player, Hana.” Jinyoung stated, she just nudged him.

“Well, I think it’s only right you tell him the truth or protect him from that.”

“What? I need a clear answer.”

Jinyoung just grinned.

“That is your choice to make, Hana. I’m sure Kai can endure the heartbreak.” He mused before leaving her.

“You must really enjoy this.”

Hana looked up, Chungah stepped into the room. Hana winced, she didn’t have time for little people.

“I like wine.” She replied coolly, Chungah shook her head.

“My best friend is hurting because of you. I thought she said to stay away from Mark.”

Hana smiled and set her glass down.

“Seo Chungah, Seo Hotels.” She recited, Chungah paused.

“Don’t irritate me. I can be a monster too, if needed.” Hana mused before standing up.

“Don’t be that girl, Lee Hana. Don’t be a home wrecker.” She spat, Hana stopped.

Now that’s rich.” She chuckled before stepping out of the house.

 

 

Hana stepped out of the house, her eyes scanned the poolside. Lena had already arrived, she was chatting with Jaebum and Jackson.

Then her eyes landed on Seolah and Mark, they were a little far from the group, but she could see how tensed both were.

Mark was holding onto her hand, Hana puffed her cheeks before walking towards the pool.

“Careful, Samsung girl, I might have the sudden urge to push you.” Lena mused, Jackson’s brows went up.

Hana tilted her head at the girl, Lena just smirked.

Hana’s eyes went to Mark again, she took out something from her pocket and stared at the ring.

“I warned you, you spoiled brat.”

“You’re even talking about the wedding now.”

“Stay away from him.”

Her eyes went to Seolah again, she bit her lip. She was shaking her head at Mark, he just wrapped his arms around her and kissed the side of her head.

“To oppose the wedding. Why didn’t you say anything?”

“Then that would make you look bad.”

I’m sure there are other ways, Han. But this is a Samsung party, I don’t want people to talk bad about you.”

“Hey, Hana unnie? How about a round of drinks at Exodus after dinner?” She heard Lena holler.

A smile appeared on her lips.

Hey, Tuan boy?” She called, Mark turned, he let go of Seolah as Hana sauntered towards them.

“Don’t do it,” She stated, she felt Seolah’s gaze on her.

“What?” Mark blinked, she just grinned at him.

Don’t get her pregnant. I found a way.

Han~

 

 

So, Exodus after dinner?” Hana was already walking back to the poolside, Jaebum nodded at her.

 

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++