008

This Girl, That Girl

 

 

Mark exhaled and stepped on the brakes, he looked around him and scratched the back of his head, he saw Jackson’s Audi R8 pull to a full stop and he slid down.

“Are you sure we’re not lost?” He asked as Mark shut the door of his Huracan and walked towards his friend.

“This is what she texted.” He handed the phone to him, Mark glanced at the silver warehouse before them.

“She invited us over for lunch..here?” Jackson blinked, he spun around to take a look of the place.

“What if she tricked you?” He mused, Mark just shook his head.

“So, Seolah?”

Hana asked me to invite her, I tried going to her office, but…” Mark trailed off and shook his head.

Your parents?” Jackson leaned against his car.

“They want me to reschedule this dinner with Hana, maybe next week. I don’t know, I just~”

They all paused when the warehouse’s doors suddenly rolled up.

Mark blinked.

Well, this must be the place.

 

 

Kai looked up just as the doors rolled up, he grinned as he saw the two males walk in, and almost immediately, they were both gaping as they saw what was inside the building.

Holy .” One male mused, Kai’s eyes went to the Tuan boy.

You guys are here.

They looked up, Hana was hopping down the stairs, clad in a hoodie and a pair of shorts.

Jackson.” She smiled before offering her hand to the male, Mark smiled.

“This your place?” He asked.

“Yeah.” She nodded with a grin, Kai slid down from the hood of the Lancer Evolution and walked towards them.

“Are you not going to introduce me?” Kai missed as he reached them.

“Well, this is my biggest mistake.” Hana mused, Mark blinked at him.

“Don’t be rude, yeobo.” Kai winked at her, Jackson paused, but the male greeted them warmly.

Boyfriend?” Jackson asked bluntly.

“She wishes.” Kai replied, Hana just slapped his arm.

Are these all yours?” Mark asked as his eyes went to the cars.

It’s a hobby.” She said with a small shy smile, Jackson whistled as he approached the latest Nissan GTR, he hopped towards the Mitsubishi EVO 11.

“You race?” Mark asked.

No, I drift.”

 

 

Seolah bit her lip as she looked at her laptop; there was a photo of Hana receiving an award from last year and recognition plaque from a big university taken last year. Below was an article about the young heiress and her accomplishments.

“So, you finally gave in?”

She looked up, her friend Chungah was in her office.

“I was just..curious.” She replied, her eyes went to the box of cupcakes on her table. Mark’s secretary had left it earlier and there was a note stuck to it.

It was a gift from the Samsung heiress, Seolah’s brows met briefly.

“She’s something, huh?” Chungah leaned back on the couch.

“I didn’t expect that she’d look like that.” Seolah blinked.

“Annoyingly beautiful and accomplished?” Chungah mused, Seolah just bit her lip.

“Imagine having to compete with her.” Seolah murmured.

“Hey,” Chungah chided her friend.

“I just…I don’t know, I cant face mark, I don’t think I have the strength to.”

“What happened, I agree it was really bad, but how about…you meet them again? In lighter atmosphere.” Chungah said.

“I don’t know.” Seolah stood up, she grabbed the box of sweets and dunked it in the trash can.

“I just..dont want to think about it now.”

 

 

“Well?” Hana asked as Kai walked to her, he was smiling before getting himself a can of Pepsi.

“It’s amazing how you get along with other humans aside from me.” He mused, she shook her head before taking a French fry.

“Like I said, he’s not that bad.” Hana rolled her eyes, Kai just grinned.

“You guys kinda click. I likey.”

“Kai, please behave.” She sighed, Kai just chuckled.

“I’m just saying, yeobo, be careful.”

“What do you mean?” She rolled her eyes before walking towards Mark.

Does your mom know about this?” Mark asked as he opened the GTR’s hood.

Kinda.” She said as he reached him.

So, I tried to…talk to my father.” Hana started, Mark paused and faced her.

I told him that…I don’t think I’m ready for this whole marriage thing.

Mark nodded.

He said it’s just an engagement next month, the wedding will take a lot of time to plan.” She was actually smiling.

So, the engagement doesn’t bother you?” Mark blinked, his tone was teasing.

It does. Duh.

I have favor to ask, Han. Is that okay?

Fire away.” She nodded, then she paused when Mark suddenly reached for her hair.

Kai paused from where he was standing.

Mark plucked pieces of paper from her hair.

Thanks.” She ran one hand through her dark locks.

My mother has been badgering me to invite you to dinner again. Do you have time next week?“ He asked.

I’ll only go to dinner if you come with me to this Samsung event.” She stated.

I’m guessing your mother’s been badgering you too?

Yeah.” She sighed, Mark smiled and offered his fist to her, and she grinned before bumping her fist against his.

Hana waved for him to follow her.

“I figured, since we have this fast food thing going on.” She mused as she gestured towards the food.

Mark chuckled before picking up a fry.

Jackson squealed as he saw the Mazda RX-7.

Can I?” He asked Hana with a pouty face, Mark shuddered.

Go ahead.” Hana picked up the keys and tossed it to him.

You don’t deserve her!” Jackson said to Mark, Kai laughed.

You might like the EVO better though, the key’s in the ignition if you want to take it for a spin.” Hana called before eating.

She’s too good for you!” Jackson yelled before getting inside the car.

Ignore him.” Mark shrugged, Hana nodded and leaned against the table.

I’m guessing things didn’t go well. Your girlfriend’s not here.” Hana said softly, Kai picked up a soda before taking his seat.

I tried talking to her, you know to fix things.

Can I say something?” She asked.

I don’t think you can fix what happened, it was…really harsh of your parents, but don’t take this the wrong way, I’m on your side.” She mused before raising her can of soda to him.

Mark smiled and just clunked his glass of juice with hers.

This is your garage?

“It’s her second home.” Kai intervened, Mark glanced at him.

“I didn’t expect you were in to this type of thing, wow, Samsung girl.” Mark mused, Kai’s brows went up.

“What? You thought I’d be at home, dusting off my Birkins?” She replied dryly, Mark laughed.

 

You even have a Skyline! Can you marry me instead?” Jackson hollered as he slid down from the car, Hana just smiled and waved for him to joine them.

 

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++