040

This Girl, That Girl

 

Kai had his arms crossed as he sat down inside Hana’s office. Hana was reviewing some documents with her secretary and two branch managers.

“Ya, people will start thinking that I’m with you and not Mark.” Hana said teasingly, her secretary chuckled.

“I’m here because I’m checking if you’re still cold hearted monster Lee Hana.” Kai replied dryly, the two managers smiled at each other.

“Did Mark ask you to check on me again?”

Mark was not allowed to go back to work yet, his mother had succeeded in banning her son from entering the company.

“Nope.” Kai rolled his eyes, Hana affixed her signature on the papers before handing them back to the managers.

“I’ll be at meeting this afternoon, so if you have any more questions, don’t worry.” She said before dismissing them.

Hana stood up and walked towards her friend.

“How are you, yeobo?” Kai asked as she plopped down beside him.

“Lena said we should have lunch together, Mark’s already on his way here.”

“How are you?” Kai asked meaningfully, Hana bit her lip and smiled.

“I’m..actually…Mark and I decided to postpone the wedding.”

Kai’s brows rose.

“I asked my parents if we could have it early next year. It’s just..with everything that happened, we figured out that we need time.”

“That’s good then.” Kai patted her hand.

“So, we’re trying out this whole dating thing. It’s..cheesy and greasy.” She winced, Kai laughed.

“I guess somebody finally managed to tame you down. Nice.” Kai teased, Hana just slapped his arm.

Then the doors opened, Mark strolled in.

“You ready?” He asked as he walked towards her and kissed her cheek, Kai cooed at them.

“Ready to kick him out? Yeah.” Hana nodded as she stood up, Mark just laughed and pulled her up.

 

 

“My parents didn’t really take it well at first, but I told them I’m okay with announcing our engagement properly. They felt better after that.” Hana mused as they got in the elevator.

“They finally listened to you.” Mark said with a smile, then he placed something on her palm.

Hana blinked as she looked at the red box.

“I got you something on my way here.” He gestured for her to open it, Hana playfully narrowed her eyes at him. She opened the box, then she started to smile.

“I’ve always wanted to see how you look wearing pearls. Kai mentioned you were a little skeptic about them.” He said.

“I am. But, I’ll try this on. Thank you, namjachingu.” She nodded, Mark just kissed the back of her hand.

“Well, going back,” Hana nodded.

“You? I hope I didn’t cause any more conflict.” She asked, Mark saw how worried she was.

She was the one who asked to delay the wedding. It was all her idea, and he was fine with it. Anything Hana wanted, Mark was okay with it.

“They did ask questions, but I told them that they should just let us be. We’re not kids, and the chances of us running away from this marriage has slimmed.” He said with a wink, Hana snorted.

“Don’t you have to visit the hospital this afternoon? Can I come?” She asked as the doors opened and they stepped out.

“Yes, you can come, princess.” Mark took her hand in his, Hana paused, her brows met briefly.

“We…never got to talk about Seolah.”

Mark met her gaze briefly and he shook his head.

“We ended things after..the confetti.”

Hana looked away uncomfortably.

“Han,”

“That was..very wrong of me, I just…I really lost my temper that time. I was seeing red.”

“You don’t have to explain. You don’t owe me anything.” He said before tucking a lock of her hair behind ear, not minding the stares they earned from passing employees.

“I was being a brat.”

“I needed that wake up call.” He smiled before gently pecking her on the lips.

“Ya!”

Mark laughed before running towards his waiting the car outside the building.

“What a child.” She muttered darkly before following him.

 

 

“So, look who we have here,” Lena teased as Mark and Hana sat down.

Kai chuckled.

“Kai’s being really clingy nowadays. I hate it.” Hana stated, Mark grinned at the male.

“I feel like I’m about to lose yeobo, you know. She prefers Mark over me now. The horror.” Kai teased, then he shuddered.

Hana laughed.

“How are things? People are still talking.” Lena asked, Hana shrugged.

“Rumors about a certain power play behind Lotte and its sudden move to buy Jin Holdings.”

“Dark Hana was just a phase. Don’t worry.” She made a face at the girl, Lena grinned.

“Dark Hana was terrifying.” Kai nodded. Mark just squeezed her hand.

“And now that we’re talking about it,” Lena spoke.

“What would Mark Tuan do if you really got hurt? If that rock hit you instead?”

Hana shook her head.

“Either way, I’d still would get rid of that director Moon. Having him in the BOD would never be good for Han.” Mark leaned back on his seat.

“Get rid..as in, put him in a sack and toss him to the Han River?” Lena blinked, Hana chuckled.

“These two, they’re talking about murder and yet they’re smiling.” Kai muttered.

“That could be an option.” Mark grinned, Kai balked.

“Really?” Hana stared at him, Mark chuckled and just kissed her cheek before standing up.

“I have to call the office. Order for me.” He said before stepping away, Kai nudged his friend.

“I’m happy that you’re happy, yeobo.”

“Me too, Kai. Thanks for being around when..when I went dark.”

“Anything for my bulletproof vest.” Kai winked, Hana just slapped his arm.

“I mean it, stay that way. Happy and smiling.” Kai winked at her.

 

 

I’m having mixed feelings about this, not sure if I’m happy or annoyed.” Mark said as Hana’s phone started to ring again, she laughed.

“I mean; we rarely get time alone. And, look at that.” He glanced at her ringing phone again, they had just entered the mall after coming from the hospital.

“I thought you liked that I became president,” She said before Mark planted his hand on the small of her back.

“But it’s taking too much of your time.” Mark half-whined, she chuckled.

“That sudden promotion got me shaken too. Imagine appa just strode into my office, telling me its time I take over.” She recounted.

“And it was just the day after I had director Moon dragged out of the company plus media coverage. I thought he was going to yell at me or something.” She mumbled.

“All that happened while you were in hospital. I felt like I was going crazy.”

Mark smiled and just pulled her to him.

“This is probably why I was so qualified to be Mrs. Tuan. I’m a Samsung hotshot now.” She said mockingly.

“I don’t think so, I mean, sure, the Samsung title doesn’t sound so bad.” Mark .

“Really? My Samsung title?” She rolled her eyes.

“I mean, you’re Hana. My Lee Hana.” Mark smiled at her.

“Ew.”

You’re right, we should skip the grease.

Totally.” She nodded, her eyes were already set on the Valentino boutique’s entrance.

I love you, Han.” Mark said, she glanced at him.

 

 

I know.” Hana smiled before going into the store.

 

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++=