024

This Girl, That Girl

Hana stared at the two story house before her, the exterior was mostly glass and the pool was interconnected with the veranda.

“You live here?”

“Yes, I live alone.” He mused, she nodded along and followed him to the front door.

“You can wash up inside, then we can head over to my parents’ later.”

“Right, dinner with the Tuans.” She sighed, Mark grinned and just pushed the double doors open.

“Look, Mark,” She said as they got inside the house.

“About the pool incident, I decided not to tell you because that time, I didn’t know what would happen. And I didn’t want to cause problems between you and her.” She explained.

Mark paused, he bit his lip before pointing towards the stairs.

“Guest room’s the second door to the left. You can go wash up.” He said kindly. Hana’s brows furrowed.

“I’ll make some tea. See you later.” Mark kissed the side of her head before disappearing to the kitchen.

 

 

Mark stepped in the living room with his phone to his ear.

“Did you manage to reach her secretary?” He asked.

“Yes, sir. I’m already on my way there..” The male replied from the other line. Mark bit his lip.

“Will that be all, director?”

“Seolah.” Mark spoke.

“Yes, sir?”

“Can you do a background check on her? Do it silently.”

There was a short pause from the other line.

“Miss Jin, sir?”

“Yeah. Her.” Mark said before ending the call and setting his phone aside, he exhaled and pinched the bridge of his nose.

 

 

Hana stepped out of the bathroom wrapped in a thick navy blue bathrobe.

She looked around the room, then she noticed the set of clothes on the bed.

“Huh.”

She jumped when she heard the doors open, Mark was standing by the doorway, looking unsure.

You did a little shopping?” She asked him.

“I contacted your secretary and sent mine to get some clothes for you.” He said carefully, Hana nodded and scanned the sets of clothes before her.

There was a silk Gucci dress with matching heels, a pair of dark jeans and a Lanvin graphic top, the next was a sequined mini skirt with a matching crop top, it was a Balenciaga piece.

“I’ll take the jeans and the top.” She nodded. Mark smiled.

Mark,” She sighed before walking towards him.

Stop looking at me like that.”

“It’s just..not okay, Han.”

“Look, she’s your girlfriend, talk to her. Discuss things.” She shrugged.

Mark’s brows met briefly.

I have to get dressed. You can continue your staring later.” She teased, Mark’s lips quirked up slightly.

“Just at least let me make it up to you.” Mark touched her cheek briefly before closing the door behind him.

Hana just puffed her cheeks before plopping down on the divan.

“He can be so intense sometimes.” She murmured to herself.

 

 

So, this is how Mark Tuan makes it up to people?” Hana was grinning as she strolled in the kitchen.

“I noticed you’re not a fan of chocolate and sweets.” Mark said, she paused.

“Earlier, Jaebum and Lena had brought some sweets, you avoided it.”

She smiled.

“Yeah, I’m not a fan.” She said as she picked up a fruit kebab.

“So, where does this leaven us?” She asked as she lifted herself on the counter, Mark smiled before sitting down on one of the stools.

Want a house tour?” He asked, she chuckled.

“I’ve been avoiding my parents’ calls lately because of the scandal, I don’t know how to explain to them.” She said before picking up another kebab.

“Just tell them that my alleged girlfriend is lying. That everything is false.”

“Alleged?” She questioned, Mark paused, he picked up a napkin.

“Anything to make them buy our story and saves ourselves, right?” He said as he stood up, Hana ran one hand through her damp hair.

“Just promise me one thing.” Mark was standing across her, his hand went to her elbow, just a few centimeters below her cut.

“If something’s bothering you, tell me. And, stop adjusting for me. I should be the one doing that.” He said with a small smile before kissing her cheek,

Hana paused, Mark set his hand down.

“I’ll go get you a hair dryer.” He said kindly before leaving the kitchen.

 

 

“For tomorrow?” Kai asked as he stepped out of the building, he was on his phone as he waited for the valet to bring his car.

“Yes, director. The reports will be submitted to you by noon.”

He nodded, then he saw his Ferrari approaching.

“Then, have manager Hong’s office send me an email about the event. I’ll look over it.”

He put his phone back on his coat pocket, he was about to approach his car when he noticed a familiar male walking towards him.

He halted.

“Why are you back?” He asked bluntly, the male smiled and shook his head.

“I’ve been trying to reach her.”

“Don’t.” Kai replied, he took his keys from the valet.

“It’s true then. She’s really getting married.” The male stated.

“Why do you care?” Kai said as he opened the car’s door.

“Kai, I~”

“No. Do not ever appear in front of her again.” Kai cut him off before sliding inside his car and speeding away.

 

The male just exhaled before going inside the building.

 

 

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++