031

This Girl, That Girl

 

Hana smirked as she slid down from her car, she made her way towards the mall’s entrance.

It was all over the news. Lotte Holdings had bought out Jin Construction Group.

And Jin Construction Group has been closed down at a whim.

Her whim.

She even heard Seolah pleading with Lotte’s representative over the phone to at least give them time to adjust and understand why a company as big as Lotte was trying to chew them down. She even asked them to reconsider before buying them out.

But no.

Hana wanted it done right away.

Hana got inside the building and made her way towards the escalator.

“Yeobo.”

She paused and glanced behind her.

“I need new shoes.” She stated.

“Hana, what are you doing?” Kai questioned her.

“Don’t tell me you haven’t been waiting for this to happen.” She pointed out with a smirk.

“What you’re doing is too much.”

“Too much? I lost my seat, Kai.”

“You’re not this person, yeobo.”

Hana stopped, they reached the second floor.

“Han~”

Hana finally faced him.

“For once, at least let me play dirty.” She spat.

“Something tells me this isn’t just about Seolah anymore.” Kai said, her brows met briefly.

“Hana, what you’re doing~”

“She started it okay? She told me to stay away and I got curious.”

“And you started to want him.” Kai pointed out.

“No. I’m not curious anymore.” She replied, Kai met her gaze evenly.

“They can have each other.” Hana finished before walking away from him.

 

 

Mark faced the elders, he took his seat and felt his mother looking at him.

“She’s staying with Kai. She’s safe.” Mark said comfortingly.

“That’s good then, we’re worried about her.”

Mark just nodded back.

“What is happening? How could you let this happen?” His father spat.

“I’m sure it isn’t his fault, dear.”

“We warned you! We warned you from the very beginning, and look what’s happening!”

“Pa, Han~”

“How could you do this to her? How could you do this to us?” He bellowed.

“I’ll fix this.” Mark said without meeting his gaze.

“You better, you let this happen to Hana, you let that lowly girl taint her name.” Mr. Tuan stated flatly.

“Pa~”

“We know. Seolah was behind everything, she’s been attacking Hana ever since. You’re just lucky the Lees never pressed any charges. Hana was protecting you all this time. And for what?” Mr. Tuan said in disgust.

“She should have just let you be; we should have never let you meet her.”

Mark started to shake his head.

“You might be my son, but you don’t deserve this girl. You just don’t.” He stated before standing up and leaving the room.

Mark let out a shaky breath.

Mark,” His mother took the seat beside his, and gently placed her hand over Mark’s.

Your father is just frustrated right now, those things he said, he doesn’t~

He’s right, ma. I don’t deserve Hana, but what to do?” Mark met her gaze.

I like her.

Mrs. Tuan smiled and nodded.

Then go get her, son.

 

 

Hana put her phone down as she stepped out of the mall, she was about to walk towards her car when she felt someone looking at her.

Her brows met briefly.

“Eomma,” She said as she walked towards the lady, her mother’s two bodyguards stepped back.

“Your father’s worried about what happened,”

“If he’s~”

“No, no, he’s not angry. He’s annoyed that something like this would happen to you.”

Hana bit her lip.

“And I’m glad that you cleaned it up right away, Hana.”

Hana nodded, her forehead creased.

“We want to know how you feel about this.”

“What?”

“Marrying Mark, we realized that we may have rushed things too much for you and him, we forgot how~”

“Eomma, like you said, I’ll clean it up.”

“Is this because he’s back, Hana?” Her mother asked softly, her eyes thoughtful.

“Youngho.” She continued.

Hana’s brows met briefly.

“I—have other plans, eomma. I’ll see you next week at halmae’s.” She said quickly, but her mother caught her wrist.

“Do what your heart tells you, okay, daughter? I want you to be happy.” She said before letting go, Hana nodded and just walked towards her car.

 

 

“Do you think she’s coming? I hope she does.” Jackson said as he sat down.

Kai looked around, Jinyoung was chatting with some of his friends. It was a garden party his sister had set up at the Park residence’s vast gardens.

“She might.” Lena nodded, she glanced at her cousin briefly. Then they saw Mark arrive, Seolah looked up from their table, she was about to walk towards him when the Tuan heir sidestepped her and walked towards the empty seat beside Jackson.

Jaebum’s brows went up.

“So, is it true?” Lena spoke.

“What?” Jackson asked, Kai eyed her warily.

“Seo Youngho.” She mused, Mark’s eyes went to her.

“Dr. Seo offered to replace you, sunbae.” Lena stated, Mark paused, his jaw clenched and unclenched.

“What? Replace Mark as fiancé?” Jackson grew amused, but then he shut his mouth as he remembered who was sitting beside him.

“Why are you in this table?” Kai spoke, Mark looked at him.

“Seolah’s here. You can go sit there.” He finished.

“Oppa.” Lena chided, Kai exhaled and just crossed his arms.

“Are you going to let this happen? Hana and Johnny?” Mark voiced, the table grew silent.

Kai smirked.

“Have you seen what Hana’s been doing? Do you think I anyone can reason with her right now?”

Before anyone could speak a a loud purr made the guests stop and turn, Kai glanced back.

Holy .” Jackson whispered lowly just as a gold customized Bugatti Veyron pulled over.

Kai chuckled and just picked up his iced tea.

“Hana?” Jaebum asked, Lena just nodded.

The front door opened, Hana clad in a colored tight mini tank dress slid down from the car.

There was a soft murmur from the crowd as she walked towards the party.

Mark’s brows met briefly.

Seolah looked up from her seat, then she grew pale as she noticed another car pull over, a familiar BMW.

She saw Hana pause before greeting Jinyoung a happy birthday.

“Ilse hyung!” Kai boomed and stood up from his seat.

Hana met gazes with Seolah and she smirked.

 

 

Game on.” She mouthed at her before going to their table.

 

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++