003

This Girl, That Girl

 

Mark took his seat beside his mother and looked at the people seated across him.

“I’m sorry for being late.” He said politely.

“It’s fine, our daughter is running late too.” The current president of Samsung Group said apologetically.

“So, how long has she been working for the company?” Mark’s father asked.

“Well, she joined two years ago, she was so adamant about starting as a department manager, you could imagine the employees and even her boss tiptoeing around her, but somehow, our daughter managed to gain everyone’s affection.” He chuckled.

“That’s very good then, she was willing to start from the bottom. Her experiences from that will help her.” Mrs. Tuan said, Mark’s eyes went to the elderly couple; both were in deep conversation using Mandarin.

“So, Mark,”

Mark looked up as the doors opened.

“No! I told you, I wont be attending that party,” The girl was on her phone as she shut the door.

“Why don’t you take your girlfriend for the week? I’m busy; I don’t have to play around with you. And no, you cannot take my car. The last time you did, there were condoms~”

Honey!” Mrs. Lee interjected loudly; the girl looked up and blinked.

Mark paused.

“Sorry, I didn’t know...” Hana shook her head and walked towards the table.

“Say hi, Hana. This is president Tuan and his wife.” His father spoke; Hana set her purse down on the empty seat across Mark.

“It’s nice to meet you, I’m really sorry for being late, I was informed on a short notice.” She offered her hand, Mark stood up.

“It’s okay, Mark just got here too.”

“I know.” Hana nodded and looked at Mark.

“Y—You know?” Mrs. Lee stuttered.

“Oh yeah, we met at the lobby. I dropped my keys.” She shrugged before sitting down.

“Good, good, you two know each other then.” Mark glanced at his mother oddly.

Hana picked up her glass of water and took a small sip.

Mark faced her, Hana was eyeing her grandparents, she was mouthing something at her grandfather, but the elder just shrugged at her.

Hana just stuck out her tongue out at the elder, Mark grew amused and just picked up the menu.

 

 

Kai strolled in his office; he loosened his tie and took his seat.

“Sir,” His secretary walked in with a bunch of black folders, he gestured for the male to set it down.

“These are the documents you asked for.”

“Good, thank you.” He nodded, then he picked up his phone. Kai was about to send an email to one his father when he noticed something.

“Ha—Hana?!” He blinked, then he started to grin.

“Oh god, this what that lady meant about partnership.” He chuckled as he read the article.

“She is going to flip.” Kai mused as he purposely switched his phone off.

“Let’s see how my yeobo deals with this.” He hum before picking up his jacket and leaving the room.

“Good luck to that Tuan boy.” He murmured to himself before closing the doors behind him.

 

 

“So, when are we actually going to talk about this partnership? I recall hearing about it, but no specific details.” Hana started.

“Right, what do you want to happen? What’s in it for our company and theirs?” Mark spoke up.

Mark noticed her mother nudged her father, his brows rose.

“Well, you see,” His father started to speak, Mark felt his phone ping in his coat pocket, he took it out with discretion.

“Here, Hana.” Granda Lee spoke, Hana took the wooden trinket.

“Is this because we want to enter the ship-building business?” She asked.

No, no, honey.” Mrs. Lee patted her hand.

Mark looked at his phone’s screen.

Hey, dinner later? I made chicken alfredo. –Seolah

“Then what is it?” Hana grew impatient, and then Mark saw the characters written on the box, also his family’s crest painted on the box.

His eyes widened.

Mom,” He blurted, Hana looked at him.

“Open it.” Grandma Lee spoke, Hana lifted the cover and she halted.

Mark tensed in his seat, his fists curled on his lap.

“You…gathered the Tuans here just to give me..two rings?” She blinked at her grandparents.

Mark looked away.

“Do you like them?” Mrs. Tuan spoke, Hana looked up, her eyes travelled to Mark briefly.

He saw move.

“Holy .”

“Hana, we’re here to celebrate your engagement with their son, Mark.”

 

 

Mark observed as the girl before him tried to absorb everything, her fingers drummed on the table briefly before looking up from the rings.

“Engagement?” She asked.

“Yes.”

Her lips quivered briefly, but she nodded back.

“We wanted to tell you two in advance, but we figured if we did, you might~”

“Run away? Be surprised?” Mark quipped, his mother nudged him meaningfully.

“Who wouldn’t be?” Hana glanced at the Lee elders briefly and she shook her head.

Mom, dad, you can’t do this, I~

Mark, now’s not the time. We already agreed on this, you were willing to help us with our branch here.

But~

“I have a question and request.” Hana spoke, she picked up one of the rings, and slid it down her finger. Mark blinked at her.

“Do I get to keep my family name? I mean, if I want to? Can I?” She asked straightly.

“Hana,” Her father sighed.

“Yes, yes, you can, dear. It’s fine.” Mrs. Tuan smiled, she nodded back.

“And my request is that….can you give us the room? I want to talk to Mark. I feel like we should discuss this, I mean after all, we’re the ones getting married, right?” She raised her hand, and pointed towards the ring.

Mark grew confused and slightly amazed at how calm she was.

“We can do that.” Mr. Tuan nodded, Hana’s father patted her hand before standing up.

“You too, halmae and halbae.” She sighed, the elders grinned at her.

“You look really pretty today, my flower.” Halmae spoke, Hana just blew her a kiss before her mother helped the lady out.

Then the room was finally empty except for the two of them, Hana took off the ring and dropped it on the table as if it were on fire.

Hana, you cant possibly be okay..

I’m not.” She spoke, Mark nodded.

It’s Lee Hana, by the way.” She extended her hand to him.

Mark Tuan.

Yeah, Tuan Holdings.” She whirled her glass of wine around.

“I had no idea this was going to happen,” Mark started.

“I didn’t even know this was going to happen to me,”

“I can fix this, I’ll talk to my parents~”

Can I tell you something?” She intervened; Mark leaned back on his seat and nodded, he noticed that her cheeks were flushed.

You better have a girlfriend, because she will fix this whole thing.

Uhm, I~

 

 

Please have a girlfriend, it would be better if you got her pregnant too.

 

 

 

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++