022

This Girl, That Girl

 

Hana was dressed in jeans and a flowy crop top as she stepped out her unit, her Louis Vuitton Palm Springs backpack hung around her shoulder as she approached the elevators.

She got inside and pressed the L button.

She started to browse on her phone, then the doors opened.

Kai’s yeobo!

She halted, Jackson was standing before her.

Jackson.” She chuckled before walking towards him, Jackson offered his arm to her.

Where are you off to today?” He asked.

Do we have plans?” She grinned.

Well, I wanted to hang out with Samsung’s princess and Tuan Holdings’ future queen.

Okay, that made my toes curl.” She punched his arm playfully.

Okay, seriously though, wanna grab brunch together?

Hana blinked at him.

Tuanniepoo and I got in a small argument, Jinyoung wants us to make up. But I still hate him.

Hana laughed.

Wow, a bunch of five year olds, really. Fine, I’ll be there, just tell me where. I have to pick up some groceries first.

Yes! See you there. I’ll send you the address.” Jackson bumped fists with her before rushing towards the revolving doors, Hana watched as he slid inside his silver Jaguar XJ.

 

 

“What is Jackson up to?” Lena asked as she walked towards Kai, they were at an exclusive garden theme restaurant near the Namsan Tower.

“He planned this?” Kai asked as he pressed the button on his car key, the Ferrari beeped once, signaling him that it was locked.

“Yeah. He said something about Mark being confused and he wants to prove something.”

“Prove? Like a theory?” Kai was amused as they walked towards the building.

“I think so. Oh, there they are.” Lena spotted their friends at a white open air gazebo.

“Whoa, Seolah’s here.”

“That’s the girl who almost drowned yeobo. I’m worried for her.” Kai nodded amiably as they walked towards them.

“She should be worried for herself.” Lena nodded, they reached their table.

“Mark sunbae,” Lena grinned before taking a seat.

“Jinyoung’s running a little late. I don’t know about Hana.” Jaebum said, Kai just nodded. He glanced at Mark, he was seated across Seolah.

Seolah’s brows were furrowed.

“Why are we here?” Seolah asked.

“Brunch, we rarely get to do this.” Jackson spoke, Mark’s eyes went to his friend.

“So, best wishes?” Lena leaned on the table, Jaebum winced.

“I wouldn’t have to greet you like this if that scandal didn’t happen, sunbae.” Lena teased, she felt Seolah’s eyes on her.

“Well, it already is unavoidable in the first place.” Mark smiled.

“But that scandal, it’s pretty useless. How could people do that my yeobo?” Kai sighed. Mark tensed on his seat.

“It’s not really smart to push her to her limits. Hana is not always calm and chill, you know.” Kai said, then he glanced to his left just as sky blue Bugatti Chiron rolled in.

Holy .” Jackson whistled.

 

 

Hana slid down from her car, not minding that stares she was getting.

“Yeobo!”

Kai’s yeobo!

She looked up and smiled.

“Did you order already?” She asked as she neared the table, her eyes went to Seolah, she paused for a moment.

Hot wheels.” Jackson grinned before greeting her with a hug.

Lena,” Hana took her seat across Kai, she glanced at Mark beside her briefly.

“How was Dubai?” Jaebum asked.

“Work was chaotic. But I didn’t know things are much worse here.” Kai teased, Hana eyed him warily.

“Did you get home okay?” Mark spoke, she nodded at him.

“Yeah, I did. Can I get my EVO back?” She mused, Mark chuckled.

“EVO?” Jackson asked.

“Oh, we made this bet. I lost. So, I have his Huracan, he has one of my sons.” Hana explained cheerfully as she picked up the menu.

“You actually trust another person with one of you EVOs? Wow, did you poison her?” Kai faced Mark.

What did you bet on?” Jackson asked, Jaebum could only smell the trouble that was brewing.

“I have an appointment; I should get going.” Seolah said quietly. Mark looked up.

“No, no, stay.” Hana spoke, Kai’s brows rose.

“You want me to sit here and watch you flirt with my boyfriend?” Seolah replied.

“Seol,” Mark reached for her hand.

“I let you spread rumors about me. I think we’re fair now.” Hana replied, her tone cool.

Mark’s brows met briefly. Seolah stilled. Kai his lips before picking up his iced tea and took a long sip.

“I know what you did. It wasn’t hard tracing the source. But, please,” Hana spoke.

“Try to understand things. It’s hard for us too, we’re both being thrown into this whirlwind.” She explained.

“I understand how you feel, you feel betrayed and left out, but Mark has never failed to mention you’re important to him and he told me that the first time we met.”

Jackson’s brows rose.

“What game are you playing?” Seolah spat.

“Stop this. This wont be good for all of us.” Hana stated, she stood up and offered her hand.

Lena smiled to herself, she saw Jinyoung’s black BMW park beside Kai’s car.

“You only want what’s good for you and that includes taking what’s mine.” Seolah stated.

“Seolah!” Mark stood up.

“Seolah, I don’t want to be arguing over~”

Seolah picked up her glass of lemonade and tossed its contents on Hana.

 

 

Before anyone could move, three men in dark suits appeared behind Hana.

“Is everything alright, young miss?” One male asked. Hana was confused.

“Hana doesn’t bring bodyguards with her.” Lena whispered, Jinyoung didn’t know if he should sit or remain standing.

“Mark does.” Jaebum muttered.

“I—I’m fine. Thanks.” Hana nodded, one of the guards just draped his coat over her damp shirt.

Mark stared at his guards, before shifting his gaze to Seolah.

“I’ll just…clean this up.” Hana stated, one male pulled the chair back.

“What are you doing?” Mark faced Seolah.

“Didn’t you see that? She’s manipulating you!” She argued back, her eyes went to Hana who was being escorted by Tuan bodyguards.

“She tried to make things better when she could press charges for what you did to her.” Kai stated as he set his glass down.

Seolah was about to speak when Mark left the table and made his way towards the restrooms.

Jinyoung looked at Lena questioningly, the girl just shrugged. Jackson met eyes with Kai, they just grinned at each other.

“Charges? She has no proof that I did that.” Seolah stated.

“I meant that thing with the pool. We have CCTV footage.”

Seolah froze.

“You’re pretty bold doing that. That move would have cost you not just Mark but your company.” Kai shrugged coolly.

Seolah exhaled, she was about to sit when one of the guards approached her.

“Director Tuan has asked us to drive you back to your house, miss.”

Seolah stared at him confusion, his eyes went to the restrooms, Mark had gone inside the ladies’ room.

 

 

“He asked us that we should help you leave quietly.”

 

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++