034

This Girl, That Girl

The party went on, Kai set a plate of food before Hana.

“You have to eat,” Kai said, she was fidgeting.

“Kai, what I did…It was..” She bit her lip and stood up, Kai exhaled.

“Hana, it wasn’t your fault okay, everyone understands why you did that and~”

“Kai, I just broke whatever was left of~”

“It was already broken before you came in. She was cheating on him.” Kai reasoned, she just shook her head and picked up her purse.

“I have to go. I have to see him.” She stated before jogging towards her car, seconds later, the golden Bugatti was seen speeding away from the property.

“What was that?” Jackson asked, Lena looked at the two.

“Yeobo just left me for Mark.” Kai sighed.

“Meaning?” Lena was amused.

“She..probably wants to explain, she feels bad for them.”

“Them? Seolah too? What a joke.” Lena shook her head.

 

 

Mark was leaning against his car as he looked at the night sky, he flattened the empty beer can before throwing it to the ground.

His thoughts went to Seolah, his brows met briefly.

“Lee Hana,” He murmured softly, as he remembered the way she tossed the photos.

“Confetti.” He repeated.

He paused when he heard a soft purr of an engine behind him, he glanced back.

Hana slid down from her car, she halted and stared at him, her lips quivered briefly.

Mark just turned away from her. Hana closed the car’s door and walked towards him.

“Mark, I’m~”

Don’t.” Mark spoke without facing her, she stopped on her tracks.

“Don’t say it.”

“Mark, I can explain. I didn’t want to tell~”

“You knew, all this time. You knew what was happening.” He faced her, Hana flinched.

“You..I trusted you, Han. I trusted you with everything. I tried to be there, I tried to be useful to you, but…but,” Mark trailed off and looked away from her.

"How could I forget that you're just like those other girls, you like drama. I'm even wondering when you started to plot all this. You're a genius, Lee Hana." Mark spat.

Mark, I didn’t want you to get hurt. I knew you cherished her~”

“You don’t get to reason out of this, Hana!” He snapped, Hana swallowed.

“Just go.” He finished.

“Mark, please, just~”

“Leave, Hana!”

Hana bit her lip, preventing her tears to fall, she started to walk away from him, then she stopped.

“I didn’t want you to feel how I felt before.”

Mark didn’t reply.

“I saw him with my own eyes. Johnny with another woman. And it broke me, Mark.” She said as she brushed her tears away.

“I didn’t want that to happen to you.” She said before getting inside her car.

 

 

Hana stared at her reflection as the two females fussed over her, they continued to tuck and pin on the dress.

“Yeobo,” Kai finally spoke, causing the two females to glance at him curiously.

Hana was wearing the Vera Wang wedding gown that was especially made for her.

“You don’t have to do this.”

Hana didn’t reply, she touched the fabric of the dress.

“What happened last night? After you left, Jackson said~”

“Nothing. Nothing happened.” She replied, Kai’s brows met briefly.

“Are you going to stick to me like gum the whole day?” She asked flatly as she stepped down from the platform.

“So, this wedding is really happening?” Kai asked her, Hana glanced at the two ladies, they bowed politely before stepping out of the room. Before Hana could reply, her phone started to ring.

“It’s the company.” She stated, Kai watched as she slid the green icon on the screen and brought it to her ear.

“Hello?”

Kai just shook his head and left the room.

 

 

Mark fixed his tie as he stepped out of the elevator, it was four hours ago when he was at work, a message arrived for him.

Hana’s parents and his were asking them to dinner.

He had no idea whether Hana was coming or not. But all he knew was that, they both had no choice. Despite what happened last night, the wedding was still on.

He exhaled as he reached a set of doors, he gently pushed one forward.

“Mark, welcome.” Mrs. Lee smiled and ushered him.

“It’s nice to see you again, Mrs. Lee” He said with a polite smile before taking his seat beside his parents.

“You came alone? You didn’t pick up Hana?” His mother asked.

“I..assumed she’d be here first.” Mark fibbed.

“Well, we can order for her.” Mr. Lee chimed.

“We just heard the good news, Hana’s been reinstated as Samsung’s head again. All those scandals must have stressed her out.” Mr. Tuan started.

“Well, our daughter can bounce back pretty easily. I met with her this morning, she was back to her usual self.” The Lee patriarch grinned.

Mark leaned back on his seat, his brows met briefly. He took out his phone and bit his lip.

“The wedding is in less than six weeks. We have so much to prepare.” Mrs. Tuan chimed.

“Right, I wanted to ask Hana’s opinion on the cake.” She added before anyone could speak, the doors opened again.

Mark looked up.

“Hana~ Oh, secretary Seon.” Mrs. Lee frowned.

“Good evening, samonim.” The male bowed politely as he stepped in the room. Mark recognized Hana’s secretary.

“Is something wrong?”

“No, sir. I came here under the vice president’s orders. She says she can’t join you tonight. And she’s aware that you wanted to ask her opinion for the wedding preparations.”

Mrs. Lee nodded.

“She said she’s okay with whatever you choose.”

The room grew silent.

“M—my daughter said that?”

“Yes, ma’am.” The male nodded hesitantly, Mark’s brows met briefly.

“B—but, it’s her wedding, why..” Mrs. Tuan was confused.

“She said there’s no need to contact her with these things, she’ll do whatever the elders decide on.”

“Secretary Seon, be honest with us, what’s going on?”

The male winced.

“Her exact words were, it’s better if you don’t ask her anything. Because none of it matters.”

Mr. Tuan paused, his eyes went to Mark briefly.

“And that, these family dinners are pointless. She said she’ll only appear at the wedding and that’s it.”

Hana’s parents were stunned.

“Thanks, secretary Seon. I’ll talk to her tomorrow.”

The male nodded before leaving the room. Mark started to dial her number, but it went to voicemail.

“Mark, did something happen?” His mother asked him.

“I---I’ll talk to her tomorrow.” He said quickly, then his phone pinged.

I rooted for you. But you’re just another Johnny.

You don’t see how much she cared for you. –Kai

Mark just let out a shaky breath before leaving the room.

 

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++