012

This Girl, That Girl

 

 

Mark exhaled and looked at his father, the elder was inside his office.

“You think we don’t know that you’re still seeing that woman? What if the Lees find out? How will that make us look?”

“This would never have happened if you talked to me first.” Mark stated.

“Did you really think we’d let you marry that Jin girl?”

“Pa,”

“Your grandfather knows that you’ve been seeing her for quite some time, that’s why he’s worried.”

“Worried?” Mark shook his head.

“This is my last warning, end things with her, or else, she will suffer.”

Mark stood up from his seat.

“All this just because you’re afraid how people might see us? This is a joke. This family is a joke.” Mark spat.

“I don’t care what you think or say, if you don’t end things with her, we will have to step in.”

“Pa, what are you~”

“Fix this before your grandparents arrive.” The elder ordered before leaving the room.

Mark let out a shaky breath before going back to his seat.

 

 

Hana stared at her reflection through the glass panes of the elevator.

“I cannot believe this.” She stated, she had her phone pressed to her ear.

“I’m sorry, yeobo,”

“Oh, normally I wouldn’t care if you suddenly bolt out of the country for work, but does it have to be right now?” She muttered as she checked the red Balmain gown she was wearing, it had deep plunging neckline and ironically, it covered her arms but showed a lot of back.

“Right now? What are you saying? It’s just a press release party.” Kai murmured, Hana could hear that he was at the airport.

“Kai, I’m about to be married off to the Tuans, remember?”

“Meh.”

“Heol. I hate you.”

“I’ll be back soon. Enjoy the party.” Kai chuckled, the elevator doors pinged open and she stepped out.

 

 

Hana walked in the party with a small polite smile, she was approached by a few Samsung officials and greeted her with warmth.

“Another job well done, director.” She said before shaking the man’s hand.

“It wasn’t just me, ma’am, my team has been working non stop.”

“I’m sure it’s because they have a good leader.” Hana nodded, then she walked towards the stage and paused.

She looked around her, the room wasn’t decorated in the usual company colors, blue and white. But instead, it was all red and gold.

Her brows rose.

“Hana!”

She looked up, her mother was approaching her.

“Eomma, isn’t this weird?” She asked as she gestured towards the roses on one of the tables.

“What is?” Mrs. Lee noticed her necklace, she smiled.

“The color scheme, I~” Hana paused, there were TV screens mounted on the wall, and they were flashing six digits repeatedly.

“What~”

“Look, Mark’s here.” Her mother nudged her.

Hana followed her gaze, the room turned quiet as the Tuan CEO stepped in the hall, she bit her lip.

 

 

Mark nodded politely as people greeted him, he looked around and saw Hana staring at something.

Hey.

She glanced at him and smiled.

Thanks for coming, Mark.” She said distractedly, Mark followed her gaze.

Oh, so the public release will be in two months?” He asked as he looked at the six digits, clearly it was a date.

No, no, I just..that just doesn’t make sense.” Hana faced him, he was dressed in a crisp black suit with a slim white tie.

Thanks.” He gestured towards her neck, she was wearing the necklace he gave her, she shook her head.

“I’d rather play it safe, people are talking about us.” She said, her eyes scanned the room briefly.

“This is the part where we pretend, huh?” Mark spoke, Hana paused.

“I’m just saying, I know what kind of girl you are, Lee Hana. Watch your actions, that’s my boyfriend you’re being too close with.”

“I guess so.” She replied, Mark just offered his arm to her.

“We don’t have to~”

Mark just chuckled and wrapped her arm around his.

It wouldn’t be polite if I let you walk around, people would think I’m a rude husband then.

You’re not my husband yet.” She sputtered, shocked.

I was just checking if you’re listening.” He beamed. Hana resisted the urge to roll her eyes at him.

Let’s go, I want to say hi to your parents.” Mark pulled her with him.

Hana just nodded and glanced at the screen again.

 

 

Seolah exhaled before stepping inside the party with her father.

“Abeoji, why do we have to come?” She sighed.

While it was true that they were invited, her parents almost never attended any Samsung events. Because they didn’t know anybody, and her father felt greatly intimidated by the other guests.

“Look, I know you feel bad about Mark being here too, but daughter, this is business.”

Seolah sighed.

“You said you two already talked about this.” He said, Seolah looked at him.

“We did, but still, going here?” She sighed at him, her father just pulled her into the room.

Then she paused, Mark was standing right across her, he was chatting with an elderly couple with Hana beside him, his hand was at the small of her back as he laughed quietly.

Her brows met briefly.

Hana was staring at something beyond the stage, the cake. It was three layers, covered in red and gold icing. Seolah noticed the Chinese character on it.

Then she saw Hana’s eyes widen, she looked at Mark and tugged on his sleeve, he faced her.

“Excuse me, may I have your attention please?” There was a man in his mid-fifties standing on the stage.

“Oh, it’s the president,” Seolah heard her father speak, she looked at the male.

Hana’s father.

“I know, everyone’s guessing what those six numbers on the screen are.” He said with a smile.

Seolah saw Jackson walk in the room, he approached Hana and Mark.

“It has been announced that my lovely daughter has recently gotten engaged,” The elder added, Seolah grew confused.

“And what everybody’s been guessing is right, in two months,” He gestured towards the screens.

 

 

“My only daughter, Hana, will be getting married in two months. This party is to celebrate their engagement.”

 

 

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++