019

This Girl, That Girl

Hana padded towards the restroom, she halted in front of the mirrors and stared at her reflection.

Am I doing the right thing? Am I turning into Regina George?” She murmured. The door opened again and Lena came in.

“Ya, you~”

“Yes, yes, Jackson Wang knows,”

Hana halted.

“What?” Her eyes widened.

“He saw what happened at that party, unnie.”

“That doesn’t explain Kai.” Hana pointed out before touching her hair, Lena smiled before walking towards a cubicle.

“Jackson was the one who sent him a tip.” She mused before closing the door behind her. Hana’s brows met briefly.

What?

Before Lena could reply, the restroom’s doors opened again.

“You must really like it, huh?” Seolah said as she crossed her arms and leaned against the sink.

Hana exhaled.

“What? The drinks?” She replied while checking her lipstick.

“No, threatening to take what’s mine. I told you, ani, I warned you, stay away from him.”

“Yours? Mark?” Hana blinked at her, Seolah’s eyes narrowed.

“Do yourself a favor and get lost.” Seolah spat.

“Oh, a favor? Do you want me to kiss Ilse on for you on my way out?” Hana asked innocently, Seolah froze, her lips started to quiver.

“Don’t worry, I’ll do it for you. You seem a little preoccupied.” Hana chuckled before sidestepping her and leaving the restroom.

Seolah tensed when the stall’s door swung open, Lena stepped out.

“I’ll pray for you.” She nodded before following her friend.

 

 

Kai pressed one of the buttons on the remote, his chair reclined up. He stood up from his seat and stretched.

He shook off the sweater he was wearing and searched for his phone.

“Sir,”

He glanced behind him, his secretary had an iPad in hand.

“If Hana sees that, she’ll kill you.” He mused before taking the Apple product from the male.

“What is it?” He asked as he walked towards lounge and asked for a cup of coffee.

“It’s about vice president Lee,”

Kai rubbed his eyes before staring at the screen.

He halted.

“How many hours till we land?”

“Two hours, sir.”

Kai started to read the article.

It was talking about Tuan Holdings’ young CEO’s engagement to the Samsung heiress. An insider source claims that Hana was the one who pushed for the arrangement even when she knew that Mark Tuan was already taken and is happy with his current girlfriend. The source even claims that she threatened the Tuans and has been harassing Mark’s girlfriend for months.

“Uh oh.” Kai said as he picked up his coffee.

 

 

“Trace the source.” Hana said as she leaned back on her seat, her brows were furrowed as she looked at her computer’s screen again.

“We’ve been doing the past hour, vice president, but the journalist~”

Hana looked up, her secretary winced.

“What’s the name of that firm again? The newspaper company as well as that rumor mill website.”

The male started to scribble on his note pad. Hana picked up her cellphone.

“Put their numbers as well, I’ll call them myself.” Her voice was calm, but she had the male panicking.

“But, vice president,”

“Write them down.” She stated, the male wrote the contact details.

He set the piece of paper on her table, she picked it up and started to dial her phone.

“Hello? Director Seo Kichan?” She spoke, her secretary heard the male reply.

“This is Lee Hana.”

There was a short silence from the other line.

“You can continue publishing that story, even making other side articles about it, go ahead.” She said kindly, her fingers drummed on the table softly.

The male across her just looked on, worried, not for his boss, but for the person on the other end of the line.

“But, say goodbye to your firm tomorrow. I’ll have someone from my office help you with the cleaning up.

“Y—yes? But, vice president~”

“It wont happen if you tell me who your source is.” Hana leaned on her desk, her secretary’s brows rose up.

“Afraid? So, I’m a lesser threat.” She chuckled heartily.

“Just give me a name or lose your beloved rumor site, and your newspaper company. The choice is yours.”

Then Hana suddenly grew silent, her jaw twitched. She put her phone down and looked at her secretary.

“I want you to set up a press conference. Tell my father I’ll take care of this.” Hana stated as she stood up.

“Yes, vice president.”

Hana just smirked before leaving her office.

 

 

Mark slammed on the brakes of his Huracan and slid down from the car, he tossed the keys to the valet and jogged towards the revolving doors.

He could feel the employees’ stares at him as he walked into the lobby. He made his way towards the reception desk.

“Good morning, how~Oh, director Tuan,” The female employee recognized him immediately.

“Is she~Is the vice president in? I’d like to~”

“I’ll take it from here, thank you. Chaekyung-ah,” A masculine voice interrupted him.

The female looked up, she blushed and nodded.

“Kai,” Mark looked at him, the latter just motioned for him to follow.

“I just got back, I saw the news.” Kai stated as the elevator doors opened.

“This…This wont hurt her, right?” Mark asked worriedly as they got inside, Kai waited for the doors to close.

“This is a scandal, Kai. And I know she’s been worried about her standing in the company, and this could~”

Kai shook his head with a small smile.

“She’s not fragile like a flower. She’s fragile like a bomb.”

 

 

Tables and chairs were set for the reporters who came in, cameras and microphones were everywhere, security guards stood in attention as a young lady strode in the room.

“Vice president Lee!”

“Miss Lee Hana!”

She walked towards the platform with a polite smile.

“Thank you all for coming here on such a short notice,” She spoke.

“Is it true? About you and Mark Tuan?”

Hana paused, she shook her head slightly.

“What do you think, reporter Kang?” She joked, the others laughed slightly.

“It is true, I am to be married in two months. That has been announced.” She faced the media again, then her brows rose when two males walked in the room.

“The rumors,” She started.

“Are all false.” She finished.

“But, the source even has proof that you only recently met director Tuan months ago.”

“True, but it’s an arranged marriage, what do you expect?” She mused, the reporters started to type furiously.

“They called me a home wrecker, a boyfriend stealer, it’s unfair. I’m sorry if I have stained the company’s name because of this scandal, but,”

Kai was looking at her, his brows rose briefly.

The bomb has exploded already.

Mark swallowed, his forehead was creased. He had no idea what was running on the girl’s head.

“I don’t really care if there’s a girlfriend or not, little people, really. They love rumors right?” She continued.

“Besides, he’s here.”

“Who?”

“My fiancé.”

She stepped down from the platform and walked towards the back, cameras followed her, she stopped right in front of Mark.

 

 

“You’re here.” She said loud enough for people to hear, before Mark could react, she gently tugged on his shirt and pressed her lips against his.

 

 

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++