027

This Girl, That Girl

 

Hana puffed her cheeks and put her phone down.

“He’s ignoring me.” She stated, her secretary bowed politely.

“What’s in my schedule today?” She leaned back on her seat and crossed her legs.

“The meeting with Tuan Holdings has been pushed this afternoon, director Tuan asked to move it.

“Really? Why?” Hana pressed.

“He said something came up. He’s hoping you’d understand, ma’am.”

Hana smiled and nodded.

“It’s fine. Tell his office.” She stood up, the secretary nodded quickly.

“And, vice president,”

Hana had just stood up, she was checking her phone and found a message from her mother.

Dress fitting is tomorrow. I’ll be meeting you there.

Wear the engagement ring too.

“The board spoke about the recent scandal,”

Hana halted, her jaw tensed, her fingers curled around her phone tightly.

“What is it?”

“They ask that you be more careful.”

Hana’s brows met briefly.

“It was fortunate that you managed to clean it up quickly and they request that you stop hanging around other males.”

Hana exhaled.

“Why don’t they just get another vice president then?” She snapped before picking up her purse and leaving the room.

 

 

Mark slid down from his car and was welcomed by a worried secretary Seon.

“Director Tuan,” He bowed quickly, Mark smiled and walked with him.

“Is Hana~”

“That’s the problem.” He said softly, Mark paused.

“Why? Did something happen?” Mark grew worried.

“Aniyo, the department assigned to meet you are already waiting upstairs, but, vice president…disappeared.”

“What? Disappear?”

The male bit his lip.

“She left earlier, and she’s not back yet. She left her phone in her office and we cannot trace her.”

“But…why did she leave? Did something go wrong?” Mark asked.

“It’s the board, sir. Due to the recent scandal, they said some things again. And it bothered her.”

Mark’s brows furrowed.

“I’ll look for her, tell your team that I was the one who cancelled, okay?”

The male nodded quickly.

“Don’t let anyone know she disappeared.”

“Move the meeting tomorrow then.” Mark continued before rushing back to his car.

 

 

Seolah smiled as she attached photos and links on her email.

She stretched her legs before her and clicked on the Send button.

“Ya, are you really sure about that?” Chungah asked before taking the laptop from her.

“They were together for quite a while, they both studied in Boston.” Seolah hummed.

“Seol~”

“They even had a place together there.” She chuckled.

“Still, releasing this might endanger not just you but your family too.”

Seolah just shook her head.

“This will make her back down, Chugah. Do you see the photos there? They were at a fertility clinic. This will destroy her.”

“So? Seo Youngho is a medical student.” Chungah pointed out.

“Who cares? I have to take my chances.”

“You really believe that she got an abortion?” Her friend asked.

Seolah just smirked.

“You really think I’d let her take what’s mine?”

“Seolh, she’s the Samsung princess, you’re touching~”

“The Samsung princess who had her child aborted.” Seolah chuckled before leaving her seat.

 

 

“If I were a boy, this wouldn’t happen.” Hana muttered as she leaned back on her palms, the odd ticklish sensation off the grass underneath her made her relax.

“Jin Seolah. Cheon Ilse. Mark Tuan.” She whispered.

Mark ing Tuan.” She let out a shaky breath and looked at the necklace around her neck.

“And now, Seo Youngho too.”

You kind of have to accept it. It’s something Tuan women must wear.

You’re a very lucky man, you’re marrying my ex-girlfriend.”

She chewed on the insides of her cheek.

“You are going to be a lot of work.” She mumbled before taking it off and hooking her engagement ring on the chain.

“It does seem like a leash now.” A familiar voice commented.

She halted, and glanced behind her.

“M—Mark,” Hana stood up quickly, he smiled as he reached her.

“So this is where you were, fiancé.” He said teasingly, Hana bit her lip.

“It’s quite cold out.” He said before dusting off the bits of grass on her legs. Hana shrugged.

“Not really.”

“Your lips are almost a shade of blue, Han.” He said as he rubbed his palms together and pressed them against her cheek.

Hana just stared at him, Mark was smiling.

tumblr_ondptcwgYI1um33q6o1_400.gif

“So, how about we drive back to the city and get something warm to drink?” He asked cheerfully.

“How did you find me here, Tuan?” She asked quietly, Mark dropped his hands to his sides.

“I just had a feeling you’d be here, away from other human beings.” He mused, they were standing in the middle of an empty public park.

Mark, I~

I know what happened, and I we’re not driving back to your office.” He said before taking her hand in his.

I’ll have someone drive your car back, we can take mine.” He was pulling her towards the waiting Lamborghini.

“Mark?” She repeated softly, Mark stopped.

Han? What’s wr~” Mark froze when he saw tears were lining her eyes.

I’m tired. I’m…really..tired.” She choked, Mark swallowed.

Han,” He sighed before closing the space between them and just wrapping his arms around her.

Han, it’s okay. You’re alright. They don’t know you left the office.

Hana’s brows met briefly, she could feel the ring pressing on her chest.

I don’t think I can escape this. I can’t escape this marriage.

I can’t escape Mark Yi En Tuan.

She shook her head slightly.

“Why did you have to come here? I feel like crap.” She mumbled darkly and just pressed her face against his coat, Mark almost sighed in relief.

Hana pulled back and just brushed her tears away.

“Aigoo, Samsung girl got stressed?” He asked lightly.

“It’s nothing to smile about.” She muttered.

“I just have to say this; you can slap me later. But you are a mess.” Mark ruffled her hair.

“I will, but later.” She gave him a small smile before walking towards the car and sliding into the front seat.

Mark paused slightly before following her.

 

What are you doing to me, Lee Hana?

 

 

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++