013

This Girl, That Girl

“My only daughter, Hana, will be getting married in two months. This party is to celebrate their engagement.”

Hana’s eyes widened, her eyes were on her father as the guests started to clap and cheer, she was about to react when she felt an arm wrap around her shoulder.

She glanced at Mark and he had a smile on his face as people started to walk towards them.

Are you crazy? Why aren’t you saying anything?” She said through gritted teeth, he just faced her.

This is a Samsung party, Han.” He said mildly before facing the elderly couple that had approached them.

Hana just followed him, still unsure,

“Congratulations, young man. You look beautiful as always, Hana.” Mr. Song greeted them.

“Thanks, samchon.” Hana said quickly, Mark then took her hand and started pulling her towards the stage.

“Mark!” She warned, but they stopped right in front of his parents.

“Surprise, surprise.” Mrs. Tuan smiled before hugging her, Hana felt Mark tense beside her.

I’m not surprised, really. But, thank you, auntie.” She nodded.

It should be ma. Call me ma.” Mrs. Tuan chuckled, Hana glanced at Mark worriedly.

I’ll go get us something to drink.” Mark stated, then he paused, his eyes went to his parents.

Oh, something non-alcoholic for me~” Hana halted when Mark suddenly leaned over and kiss her cheek before leaving.

 

 

Seolah looked away, her brows knitted together.

“Hey, hold on there. We all know they’re just playing along.” Jackson nudged her slightly, Jaebum just nodded along.

“But, you’ve known her longer, why is she so….normal?” Jackson mused, Jaebum grinned.

“Hana, she’s always been chill, she can be quiet and a little clumsy.”

“Why isn’t she a brat?” Jackson asked bluntly, Seolah picked up another drink.

She saw Mark getting drinks for them while Hana was chatting with the Tuan elders, she saw Mrs. Tuan practically preen over her. Seolah’s fingers curled around the strap of her Chanel purse.

“Maybe the one thing about Hana is that, you should never get on her bad side.” Jaebum said with a grin.

“Why? Short tempered?”

“Not really, but, think about it, who would want to go against her?” Jaebum mused.

“In a way, she’s kind of similar to Mark, but also the opposite.” He nodded, Jackson glanced at Seolah briefly.

 

 

“Han,”

Hana glanced up when Mark reached her, her brows met briefly.

We had the perfect opportunity, why didn’t you say anything?”

“What are you saying?” Mark handed her a glass of blue lemonade.

“To oppose the wedding. Why didn’t you say anything?”

“Then that would make you look bad.”

She paused; Mark exhaled and set his drink down.

I’m sure there are other ways, Han. But this is a Samsung party, I don’t want people to talk bad about you.” He smiled, Hana halted.

I’m just returning the favor, I’m glad you met up with Seolah to clear things up, so now,” Mark gestured for her to drink.

Now I’m going to have to marry you for real in two months?” She asked dryly, Mark grinned.

From friends to couple real quick.” He teased.

“I’m serious, it’s hard, huh?” She spoke, Mark bit his lip.

Your mom spotted Seolah in the crowd.” She said, Mark stilled, but Hana tugged on his arm to prevent him from looking around.

I still don’t understand why they’re so against her, but, Mark,

Han, why are you so intense? Are you like this when Kai isn’t around?” Mark chuckled and cupped both of her cheeks and squished them lightly.

“Ya!” She warned, Mark chuckled.

“It’s my problem so, I’ll take care of it.” He said softly, her brows met briefly.

So, go be a good VP, say hi to the guests and let them see that pretty face of yours.” Mark nodded before letting go.

I’ll go talk to my friends.

Explain to Seolah?” She asked quietly, Mark just smiled before walking away.

 

 

Hana stared at the still waters; she wrapped her arms around herself before leaning down to dip her fingers on the pool.

“It’s all moving so fast, it’s like the elders know.” She murmured to herself.

“She’s even here and he decided to act all cozy and touchy.” She mumbled to herself before standing up.

“You really have ways, huh?”

Hana froze; she turned to her left and saw Seolah approaching her.

“Seolah~”

“Did you ask your parents to do that?” She challenged, Hana bit her lip.

“You really are something.” Seolah mused.

“I didn’t do that. No one knew that would happen.”

“I warned you, you spoiled brat.” Seolah spat as she took a step closer to her.

“Do you think I like what’s happening?” Hana finally lost her cool.

“I don’t see you crying over it.” Seolah replied flatly.

“Just stop, I don’t have time for this. If you have problems with this wedding, talk to Mark, I cant~”

“You’re even talking about the wedding now.” Seolah snorted, then before Hana could move, the girl close the space between them and pushed her into the water.

 

 

“Stay away from him.”

 

 

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++