005

This Girl, That Girl

“Vice president,”

Hana looked up from her desk as her secretary sat down across her.

“I managed to read this all,” She gestured towards the folders on her desk.

“I’d like to meet manager Seon from research and development, and can you ask his office to prepare all the projects they’re working on right now. Id like to see everything.”

“Yes, ma’am.”

She was about to speak when her phone started to ring, her brows rose as she looked at the screen.

“Vice president, about the rumors, what shall we do?”

“Don’t release anything yet, I might get yelled at if I do.” She said before dismissing him, Hana stood up and took the call.

So, finally found a way out yet? Or, is she pregnant?

She heard the male chuckle slightly.

No and no. I was going to invite you for lunch. I mean, if that’s okay with you. We both know we need to talk properly.

Hana nodded and checked the time.

So, are you free?

Yeah, I’ll be there, just text me where. Can we please not go for Japanese? I don’t think I can digest raw fish today.

Mark grew amused but he said yes, Hana puffed her cheeks and walked back to her desk.

 

 

Mark slid inside the car and looked at Seolah, she brushed her hair away from her face before shifting the gears.

“Seol,” He spoke, Seolah glanced at him, her forehead creased.

“I heard about it, Mark. The rumors, there were even pictures.” She spoke quietly, Mark looked away.

“I wont do it. It won’t happen.”

“Mark, its your parents. You can’t go against them.” She sighed.

“This doesn’t change anything between us,” Mark took her hand in his. She faced him with a small smile.

“I will take you to our house later.”

Seolah started to shake her head.

“I want to show them that I’m sincere about you and whatever they’re planning wont happen.”

Seolah just looked at him and gave him a slight not before stepping on the gas.

 

 

Hey,” Hana nodded as Mark reached the table.

“Sorry for the delay, have you been waiting long?”

“No, it’s fine. I just got here myself.” She smiled, Mark sat down before her.

“Good choice, I am impressed.” She chuckled as she looked around them, they were at a KFC branch in Myeongdong.

“I…I didn’t know if you preferred fine dining, but we can transfer~”

“No, it’s fine, I love KFC.” She smiled.

Hey, Mark?

Mark paused and looked at her.

“I’m going to order food, what do you want to eat?” She stuttered, Mark smiled and stood up.

“Come on.”

They walked towards the counter, Hana bit her lip.

“Can I be honest with you?” She said.

“Yeah, sure.” Mark nodded along, his eyes were on the menu above them.

I…I can’t do anything about this.” She said softly, Mark paused.

My family, the elders..they wont listen to me.

“Hana~”

And I know how this looks to you, but I’m being honest. I can’t help you that much.

Mark’s brows met briefly.

Then, I’ll do it then. There's a solution to this, I'm sure.” He nodded, Hana smiled and lifted her fist to him.

I can’t eat spicy stuff, so just the classic for me, you’re getting the bucket, right?” She asked as Mark bumped fists with her, he chuckled.

“Wow, I was expecting for this talk to be intense. But yeah, you do it. I’ll just…send my moral support.” She nodded.

“Oh and let’s split the~”

“Hana, it’s fine. My treat. You can sit down.” Mark nodded at her, she eyed him warily.

“Non-spicy, okay?”

“Got it.” Mark mused, she walked back to their table.

 

 

“You dropped him off at the restaurant?” Jackson asked as their food arrived.

Seolah nodded uncomfortably.

“Hey, I know you’re worried, but remember, Mark is a man of his word.”

“I know, but…the timing seems so odd.” Seolah murmured before picking up his fork.

“He was planning on introducing you to his family…isn’t that tomorrow?” Jackson blinked before taking a big bite off his quesadilla.

“Yeah.” Seolah said quietly.

“Do you know the girl? I mean, do you know whom he is arranged with?”

“I…I didn’t read the article. Mark said..that his parents will most likely release an official statement today.” She murmured, Jackson picked up his phone, then he paused.

“Yes, yes, I almost forgot. Samsung girl.” Jackson blurted, Seolah looked up.

“When he mentioned that the girl was a Samsung heiress, I thought she was just one of those typical…But no, Lee Hana.” He read.

“Jackson, what are you saying?”

“Mark has been arranged to Samsung’s next big boss, Lee Hana.” He chuckled, Seolah looked way and set her utensils down.

“Of course, only someone like her would only be deemed fit for our Tuan heir.” He mused to himself, then he halted. Seolah had her arms crossed and brows furrowed.

“Seol, I’m sorry~”

“It’s fine, it doesn’t matter. It wont happen anyway.” She quipped before eating again.

 

 

“So, what’s your plan?” Hana asked as she set the drumstick aside.

“I’m…I’m going to introduce her to my family.”

She nodded and took a long sip from her soda.

“I don’t know what to say. I’m sorry for..being arranged to marry you..?” She blinked at him.

Mark shook his head.

“None of us are at fault here.”

“Hmm, good point.” She nodded before taking another piece of chicken.

Mark pushed the napkins towards her side.

“I’ll try talking to my father, maybe I can delay this thing. Despite that its already been announced.”

“You sure that wont get you in trouble?” Mark teased, she shook her head.

“This is weird, you know.” She spoke.

“What?”

“We’re talking as if we’re buddies.” She whispered with one hand against the side of her lips, Mark laughed.

“But thanks for being a cool dude, Tuan boy.”

“Tuan boy?”

You probably call me Samsung girl behind my back.” She shrugged, Mark halted, but she grinned.

“It’s fine.” She waved him off before wiping her lip.

“Should we go now?” Mark asked before finishing his soda.

“Oh, you said you didn’t bring your car with you. I can drop you off.” She offered.

It’s fine, Hana. Thanks.

“Call me when things are solved then.”

“Nice, very helpful.” Mark chirped sarcastically as they walked towards the doors, Hana chuckled.

“I’m serious, call me if you need help. I’ll try to be..useful.” She said as they exited the building.

 

Okay, Samsung girl.” He saluted before walking towards the waiting BMW across the street.

 

 

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++