018

This Girl, That Girl

 

 

Lena looked at her plate before picking up her steak knife.

“I’m surprised you have time to join us, Hana.” Seolah started, Hana looked up from salad.

“I mean, I thought you’re always busy. Since you’re in such a high position and all,” Seolah said in a coy manner.

“Oh, I usually am, but ever since the engagement, I’ve been getting a lot of free passes. Like, lunch out with Mark or attending parties I don’t even like.” She mused back.

Lena hid her smile and looked down.

“Wait, I’m your alibi?” Mark chuckled.

“I saved his earlier.” Hana said with a smile.

“What do you mean?” Jaebum asked, Jinyoung glanced at the girl.

“She likes playing hero,” Seolah said with a friendly smile.

“I kinda do, actually. I mean, come on guys, I had to step in. Ma was in Mark’s office and she was there.”

“What? She saw you two together?!” Jackson balked.

“I’m guessing appointments aren’t a thing for Mark.” Hana mused, Mark bit his lip and glanced at Seolah.

“I wonder how you do it, you know.” Seolah leaned on the table, Chungah bit her lip.

“Having all the attention on you, and still wanting more.” Seolah smiled before picking up her fork.

“Oh, I grew up with it. The attention.” Hana chuckled before curling her hair behind her ear.

Jaebum and Jinyoung glanced at each other.

“I usually get what I want.” She said conspiringly before going back to her food.

“Even things that aren’t yours?” Seolah replied, Mark’s brows rose.

Jackson leaned back on his seat.

“If I set my mind into it, it could become mine.” Hana chuckled, Seolah’s eyes just went to the ring on her hand briefly. She noticed the gold band and bit her lip.

 

 

Mark looked up just as the familiar car arrived, he pushed himself off the wall and crossed the street.

Hana descended from the vehicle and she stopped when she saw Mark in front of her.

“Mark,”

“What was that earlier? Did something happen?” He asked softly.

“What do~”

“With Seolah, did something happen?”

Hana paused, her brows met briefly.

“She was just tensed, Mark, from what happened earlier. I understand if she doesn’t like me.” She said, Mark shook his head.

“Han, no, what I meant~”

“I know, it’s kind of impossible for us to be chummy with each other. I mean, come on, I’m your supposed to be fiancé.” She pointed out, trying to change the topic.

“You said you found a way.” Mark spoke.

“Yeah, I did.” She nodded quickly.

“Other than the one that involves babies, what is it?” Mark started smile and brushed her bangs from her face.

Hana bit her lip, she tensed slightly.

I’ll tell you later, but you have to remember one thing,” She started.

I’m not always all cool and summer breeze, calm and reserved Lee Hana.

Mark grinned.

Han, I can see that. You’re not that hard to read sometimes.

Her brows rose.

If you’re swaying me to take the proposal back, then no.” He mused before taking her hand.

The offer still stands.

Mark~

Let’s just go inside, Lena said that first round is on her.

 

 

Lena pressed her phone to her ear.

“She will kill you.”

“She’s been trying to. She can’t.” Kai chortled, Lena just sighed and she looked up.

“I’ll update you later, oppa.”

“See ya.” Kai said before ending the call, Mark and Hana joined them at their table.

“What did we miss?” Hana asked as she sat down beside Jackson and Jaebum.

“Your wedding reception.” Seolah said with a smile, Mark tensed.

The table grew quiet.

“I was just joking~”

“Don’t worry, I’ll send you and Chungah an invite.” Hana winked before picking up a drink.

Jaebum looked at the girl, it felt like having a flashback from their high school days.

“Have Mark send it to them.” Jackson guffawed, Seolah exhaled. Jinyoung sent the male a look.

“Do you come here often, Hana?” Chungah spoke.

“I don’t enjoy coming here, but Kai loves this place.”

“Oh, Kai? The notorious playboy. You went out with him too? He’s kind of hard to catch, huh?” Chungah challenged.

“It must be difficult trying to gain back his attention.” Chungah added.

“I never went out with him, but I can’t recall if you did. You see, he always has a new girlfriend every week. I try not to remember names, such a waste of time on my side, because they only last a week.” Hana nodded along.

“And you let this go on? You’re a woman too.” Seolah asked before taking another drink, Mark tried to stop her, but she shook him off.

“I’m not Kai’s mother, I’m his friend. If that makes him happy, so let him be. Women are also to be blamed here, not just him. It’s not like he’s cheating on them anyway, they know who they’re facing, Kai, a player.”

Seolah closed .

“With that bitter tone, I’m guessing you went out with him. And it didn’t end well.” Hana stated, Chungah grew pale, her eyes narrowed at her.

“I think we should stop bad mouthing the great Kim Jongin.” Jinyoung said with a careful smile.

“Lena? Hana?” A masculine voice made them look up.

 

 

Seolah tensed as she recognized the voice behind her, her fingers curled around her glass and she grew still.

Hana’s eyes widened, she glanced at Lena, who just winked at her.

Lena was grinning from ear to ear before standing up.

“Ilse oppa!” She greeted. Hana slowly stood up and left her seat.

“It’s quite disorienting, Hana without Kai.” Ilse grinned before stretching one arm to her.

“It has been a while, oppa. How are you?”

“I’ve been well, I heard you were getting married?” Ilse mused as the girl hugged him.

“Oh, yeah, I am.” She nodded, she glanced behind her.

Mark?” Hana called, he stood up and joined them.

“This is Cheon Ilse, Cheon Automotive Group, he’s a good friend and a sunbae from high school.”

“Nice to meet you.” Mark smiled politely and shook the male’s hand.

“Oppa, this is Mark Tuan, fiancé or you could say I was sold off to his family.” She chuckled.

“Well, I was sold too. It was a barter actually.” Mark added, Ilse grinned.

“It’s nice seeing you again, Hanabanana, You too, Mark. Best wishes.” Ilse patted her hand before going to his table.

On her seat, Seolah let out a breath. Chungah glanced at her worriedly.

“You actually have other friends.” Jackson gaped, Hana laughed.

“That was it, I gave you another connection into Seoul’s upper class society, Tuan boy.” She teased before going back to her seat.

Lena glanced at her friend briefly.

Thanks, I guess that means you took my offer?” Mark replied challengingly, Hana paused and glared at him. Seolah’s eyes went to him, Jaebum saw how the girl had been acting all night. He shook his head.

“Don’t even, Tuan.”

I guess not.” He grinned before picking up his beer.

“Offer?” Jinyoung asked, Hana smiled and shook her head.

“It’s a secret.” She grinned.

Seolah set her glass down and exhaled, before she could speak a waiter reached their table and set drinks before Chungah and her.

“What’s this?” Mark asked the male.

“They’re drinks from mister Kim,”

“Kai?” Jinyoung asked, Hana looked at the waiter.

“He called up earlier and asked us to send drinks to your table.” The waiter replied.

Mark’s brows rose.

“Yes, he says welcome to Exodus, Seolah and Chungah. And,”

Hana leaned forward and put her drink down, she her lips as she watched the two fidget.

 

 

“He also said that you two look familiar. He thinks you're regulars here.”

 

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++