021

This Girl, That Girl

 

“Do we even have a plan?” Hana asked and ran her fingers through her hair.

“By now the elders would have seen that.”

Hana flinched, she looked at her plate and started to remove the meat from her pasta sauce.

“I prefer my pasta meatless.” She explained, Mark smiled.

“They’re probably going to throw a party tomorrow.” Mark mused, Hana bit her lip.

“What’s our story then?” She said before taking a small sip of her juice.

“We decided to push through with the wedding, make them believe that we’re both okay with it.” Mark stated, Hana just nodded for him to continue.

“Then, we do your plan. Fake it till we make it.” He said as he picked up his fork.

“What if Seolah doesn’t agree with this?”

Mark closed his mouth.

“Mark, it doesn’t take a genius to see how obvious it is. You look worried, and I know it’s because of Seolah.”

“Han~”

“I know she hates me.” She nodded. Mark bit his lip.

“I just hope she wouldn’t target me so much.” Hana stated, Mark’s eyes widened.

Yes, I know. I know that she was the one who..spread those rumors, Tuanniepoo.” She said calmly.

Han, I’m sorry~

“I’m sorry too. Kissing you in public isn’t very proper.” She said.

Han,

Like you said, don’t fret over it. I can take care of myself.” Hana smiled and just patted his hand before eating.

Mark just studied her as she continued to eat.

Does that mean we really have to get along well?” She suddenly looked up.

We’re doing that now.” Mark mused.

Yeah, me letting you drive one of my babies is a sign that we’re getting along well.

So much trust in a stranger.” Mark teased before taking a forkful of his pasta.

You’re not a stranger. Not anymore.

 

 

Kai heard the door to his room open widely, but he ignored it. Then he felt a pressing weight beside him.

“Kai!”

He groaned.

“Go away. I’m jetlagged.”

“You were at the company earlier.”

“I wasn’t sleepy that time yet.” He mumbled, but Hana just started to move around the bed, Kai groaned again and turned to her.

“What is it? Why is your face ?” He questioned, Hana was bare face and her hair was a little messy.

“I just came from dinner.”

Kai just sent her a look.

“I was at the garage, I swam for a bit and Mark Tuan appeared.”

Kai made kissing noises, Hana tried to throttle him. He laughed and sat up, he yawned.

“So, you’re really doing it?”

“Seolah started it.” She said defensively, Kai grew amused.

“Then, you have to marry for him. For real.” Kai stated, she exhaled.

“You didn’t think this through before kissing him, huh?”

Hana’s brows met briefly.

“Oh my god, you angel.” Kai chuckled.

“You~”

“You feel bad for him, because you know about Seolah. And you want to protect him from that.”

Hana looked away.

“That was how you felt first, but then this Seolah started to get on your nerves.”

“Kai, it’s not like that.” Hana said, but he just smiled.

“This is your way of getting back at her, protecting Mark from her.”

“I..figured that if I do this, it might…I don’t know, it’s all~”

“Yeobo, it’s really nice of you to do this, and I love that you’re showing that woman what you can do, but,”

Hana faced him.

“Be careful. You might end up getting hurt.” Kai bopped her nose before standing up.

“Me? Hurt?” She snorted.

“You might end up wanting something you can’t have.” Kai said as he walked to the bathroom, Hana was about to stand.

“Don’t follow me here. You weirdo.” Kai warned.

“Oh, right, bathroom. You’re a boy.” She blinked slowly before plopping down the bed.

 

 

Kai was munching on some chips, his eyes went to Hana who was on the phone with her mother.

He just looked at the TV with a small smile.

The elders were probably dancing with glee with what their daughter just pulled off.

“Yes, yes, I was already informed about it. Mark and I haven’t had the chance to discuss it. But I will be joining them for dinner.” Hana murmured as she paced restlessly.

“No, eomma, I don’t know. He’s probably out with his friends now. It’s a Friday night, you know.” Hana rolled her eyes, she looked at Kai.

He gave her a thumbs up.

“I’m at Kai’s, he’s jetlagged so I’m here to piss him off.”

Kai was about to react when his phone beeped, he picked up the device from the coffee table.

“Eomma says hi!” Hana hollered and stretched the phone to his direction.

“Hi, auntie! I’ll have a suit made for Hana’s wedding!” Kai cheered before opening the message.

Then he paused.

“Yes, I’ll call Mark later. Yes, yes,” Hana droned on.

Kai just stared at his phone.

“Well, this is unexpected.” He murmured before setting the device down.

 

 

“That was crazy.” Jackson stated, Jaebum nodded in agreement.

Mark twirled the glass in his hands.

“What happened?” Jaebum asked.

“Those rumors,” Mark started, he chewed on the insides of his cheek.

“Seolah was the one who started it.”

Jackson paused, Jaebum looked at his friend, confused.

“What?”

Mark just nodded and took a long sip from his glass and refilled it.

“She doesn’t like Hana.”

“I know that.” Jackson quipped, Jaebum nudged him.

“Hana had to clean things up, divert all the attention from that scandal. That’s why that happened earlier.” Mark explained.

“Seolah?” Jaebum asked.

“She…wants me to get rid of Hana. Stop the wedding. She said that I should choose between her and Hana.”

Jackson’s brows met, he just shook his head.

“But, that thing she did, it will affect Hana badly. Her position as next president of Samsung.” Mark studied the liquid inside his glass, his forehead was furrowed as he took a small sip.

“Mark, Seolah is your girlfriend.” Jaebum said as if reminding him.

“So?” Jackson was the one who replied, Jaebum sighed and eyed him warily.

“He has to know.” The Wang heir argued, Mark looked up.

“What do I have to know?” Mark questioned. Jaebum bit his lip.

“Hana’s pool accident is no accident,” Jackson stated.

“What?”

“Seolah pushed her.”

Mark halted.

“So, I don’t know why you’re discussing this with us. You are clearly confused.” Jackson said flatly.

Jaebum bit his lip.

“Jackson~”

She kissed you to save face. Period. End of story. You shouldn’t be thinking about Hana now because your girlfriend is mad at you. But you seem to be more worried over your Samsung girl than Seolah.”

Jaebum stilled, Jackson just shook his head at his friend.

“She confuses you. And you feel torn.” He stated.

“Jackson~”

“Look, I know you trust Seolah a lot. But, maybe it’s time you do a check on her too.”

“Are you saying that she’s bad for me? You’re starting to sound like my parents.” Mark quipped.

 

 

“I saw her yell at Hana to stay away from you and push her into the pool. Now tell me, shouldn’t I be worried?” Jackson replied before leaving the bar.

 

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++