015

This Girl, That Girl

 

“I’m sorry for…being such an… earlier.” Hana said as she set down her chopsticks.

“Most girls would scream when they suddenly fall into a huge body of water, but you…you were pissed. That’s new.” Mark mused, she shook her head.

“Hey, can I ask you something?” She asked, Mark nodded before taking a spoonful of soup.

Fire away, Samsung girl.” He smiled at her.

“When did you start seeing Seolah?” She asked as she popped another rice cake into .

“Senior year at SNU.” Mark stated.

“You? By this time you would have mentioned you have a boyfriend somewhere.” Mark mused.

“If I had one, do you think I’d be sitting here in front of you, wearing a hoodie over a gown?”

Mark grinned and just pushed the bottle of water towards her.

“Is it your first time at a traditional market?” Hana asked, she looked around them, vendors were busy cooking their goods as customers steadily flowed in.

“I’ve always wanted to try eating here, but Seolah wasn’t just up for it.”

She nodded back.

“Are we ever going to talk about the elephant in the room?” Mark stated, Hana halted and groaned.

“I just want to enjoy my meal.” She grumbled, Mark grinned before handing her a napkin.

We have two months, Han. I’m out of ideas.”

She dabbed the napkin on her lip. Her brows met briefly.

“I only have one.”

“What is it?“ Mark was looking at her distractedly.

“We have to do it, fake it till we make it, then divorce.” She said. Mark blinked, stunned.

 

 

Jackson nodded as Seolah waved at him before getting inside the gates. His brows met briefly as he shifted gears and sped away.

He put his phone on Bluetooth before dialing a number.

“Yes, young master?”

“The hotel I was at earlier, who owns it?”

There was a short pause from the other end.

It has two major shareholders, Kim Oil Group and Mondo Holdings.

Jackson nodded and thanked the male before ending the call.

“It doesn’t just make any sense.” Jackson murmured before making another call.

“Jackson Wang?”

He smirked and leaned back on the car seat.

“How could you leave your yeobo alone to fend for herself?” He mused.

“Why? Did she try to kill somebody?”

“No, but, something happened. Why don’t you call one of your hotels?”

“Which hotel?”

“Seoul Intercon. Ask them if anything…messy happened.”

“I’ll do that. What happened anyway?”

“Your yeobo’s getting married in two months. I’m excited.”

Kai laughed.

“You are supposed to take Seolah’s side.” Kai mused.

“Am I?”

 

 

“Risky, I know. But my hands are tied.”

“Our hands are tied.” Mark added, she exhaled, and then before she could react Mark leaned over and brushed the bits of noodles off the side of her lip.

Hana paused.

“At least try to eat properly.” He teased.

“We’re supposed to be seriously thinking of an escape.”

“Can I ask what was bothering you earlier?” Mark suddenly asked, Hana stilled.

“What made you so distracted that you forgot there was pool within you area?”

“Are you going to lie and tell me that it’s just work?” Mark tilted his head at her.

“Are you going to believe me if I tell you?” She asked, Mark paused.

Hana chuckled and stood up.

“I wanna go home, let’s go, Tuan.”

 

 

Mark looked at his laptop, there were photos from the party last night, and it was all over the news.

There were even photos of him at the hospital waiting for Hana.

He exhaled.

Then the doors suddenly opened, his secretary bowed as Seolah stepped in the room.

“I’ve been trying to call you since last night.” She started, Mark stood up and walked to her.

“I was at the hospital and~”

“I know, the country is actually rejoicing that you and miss Samsung are getting married. It’s very healthy for the economy.” She said flatly, Mark exhaled.

“Seol, it’s not like that, I was just worried about her. She looked so…shaken and~”

“Worried enough that you left me at that party and went to her.”

“Seolah, you know it’s not like that.” Mark sighed and took her hand in his.

“You’re getting pulled too.” She spat, Mark’s brows rose.

“I get it, she’s pretty, she’s charming, but Mark, she’s a trap for you. She will be a mistake.”

“What did you just say?!”

 

 

Hana looked at her reflection; she was wearing a pair of black fitted slacks and a pale pink printed blouse from Gucci.

Her phone started to ring.

“Wow, I was just gone for a day and you almost drowned?”

“I didn’t drown. I can swim, you idiot.” She pointed out as she stepped out of her room, she picked up her Givenchy purse and went down to the kitchen.

“Will you tell me what happened?” Kai asked.

“I slipped.” She said as she picked up a muffin and stepped out of her unit.

“Sure.” He said dryly, Hana shook her head.

“Look, I’ll call you later. I have a meeting.”

“Good luck, yeobo.” Kai cheered before ending the call. Hana then started browsing the Internet, then the photos from last night started to pop up her screen.

You started this game. I doubt you’ll be able to finish it.” She mused before entering the elevator.

 

 

Heads turned as Hana slid down from her Lamborghini Gallardo, she smiled as the valet approached her.

“Good morning, sam—Miss Lee.” He greeted, Hana nodded and just took out a black paper bag from the car and headed straight for the lobby.

“It’s her!”

“Samsung’s vice president!”

She took out her phone and walked towards the elevator, she stepped in. Then her phone started to ring.

“Jackson?” She smiled.

Hey, I heard your best friend is out of town. I can be his sub.

She laughed and leaned against the wall.

Okay, how about we meet up with Jaebum and Lena tonight? Since JB just got back, maybe we can have this small party?

Perfect, is your wound alright, Kai’s yeobo?

I’m okay, I’ll see you later.

The doors pinged open and Hana walked out of the machine, she made her way to the main hall.

“Oh! Vice president!”

A young lady was staring at her, wide-eyed. Hana just blinked back, unsure.

“I’m director Tuan’s secretary. I’m sorry for just blurting that out.” She said shyly, Hana smiled and just shook the girl’s hand.

“It’s okay, Mark and I had a more awkward first meeting. Is he in?” Hana asked as she walked with her, the lady paused, she wasn’t expecting for the Samsung princess to be warm and friendly.

“Well, yes, and it’s a bit..”

They reached the door, Hana could hear voices from behind it.

“You..You can go in if you want to, vice president….I guess.” She scratched the back of her head, Hana just pushed the door open.

“You dare show up here and say those words?!”

Hana stopped on her tracks.

“Was I not clear enough?” Mrs. Tuan spat, Hana’s eyes went to Seolah and Mark.

Ma, stop this.” Mark said in Mandarin.

“Hana, a mistake to my son? So, what do you call yourself?”

Ma,

Hana bit her lip, then Mark finally noticed her.

Han.” He spoke, Mrs. Tuan’s eyes went to her.

“Hana,” She sighed and started to walk towards her. Hana bowed politely as the lady reached her.

“I came to return this. Mark’s jacket.” She said as she placed the paper bag on the coffee table.

“Dear, I’m sorry you had to see that, this girl was Mark’s girlfriend and she keeps on~”

“No, ma, I know she is coming today to see him.” Hana said kindly, Mark’s eyes went to her.

“Oh,” The lady paused.

“Uhm, Mark told me that..they didn’t have the chance to talk yet, so I told him that he should meet her,” Hana’s eyes went to Seolah briefly, her smile grew wider.

“You asked him to meet her?” Mrs. Tuan was surprised.

“Yes, ma, I was worried it might cause trouble for the wedding.” Hana glanced at Mark and smiled at him.

“So that they can end things nicely. A clean cut, just like my wound here.” She chuckled before gesturing towards her bandaged elbow.

Seolah froze on her spot.

“Oh, right, are you alright dear? Mark said you had to be brought to the hospital.” Mrs. Tuan frowned.

I’m okay, ma.” Hana reassured her.

I’ll walk her out.” Mark spoke, but his mother stopped him.

“We have staff here to do that.”

“Ma, don’t~”

“Secretary Seo!” She called, the doors opened and Mark’s secretary came in.

Hana just looked on, a small smile was on her face.

“ this lady downstairs, make sure she really leaves.” The elder said, the latter nodded and gestured for Seolah to followed her.

“I know you two probably have seen those photos, I am a bit disturbed by it, but I’m glad you two spent some time together.” Mrs. Tuan touched Hana’s cheek.

“Me too, ma.” Hana replied, she discreetly took Mark’s hand in hers as the elder turned towards the sofa.

I’m sorry for that.” She whispered.

Good save, Han.” He nodded quietly, Hana let go of his hand and sat down across the elder.

Hana crossed her arms and watched as Seolah followed the girl, before leaving the room, she glanced back.

Hana just shrugged at her before facing Mrs. Tuan again.

 

 

So, you up for Jaebum’s party?” Hana asked pleasantly as Mark sat down beside her.

 

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++