007

This Girl, That Girl

 

Hana slid down from the car and looked at the house, she puffed her cheeks and hugged the bottle of champagne closer to her as she approached the house.

“Good evening, young miss. The family is expecting you.” The butler said as she reached the front doors.

“I hope I didn’t arrive too late.” She said apologetically as she followed him into the house, then her phone started to ring, the male stopped and looked at her with a small polite smile.

“This is actually work, I’ll..be there in a few minutes. This, please take this.” She handed the bottle to him, the male nodded and stepped away from her. Hana walked towards the tall glass windows.

“What is it?”

“I’m so sorry to disturb you, vice president.”

“It’s okay, what is it?”

“It’s regarding the launching party next week, ma’am.”

Hana’s eyes went to the lush manicured garden.

“Okay.”

“Should we add director Tuan on the guest list?”

Hana’s brows met briefly.

“Yeah, I think it’s better you do.” She said before ending the call, she made her way across the hall and paused as she heard raised voices.

Ma, why are you being like this? I love her.

She recognized Mark’s voice, she inched closer and saw the reflection on the mirror, a young lady was seated beside Mark. Hana could only side the back of her head.

“No, stay.”

“You’re right, miss Jin. You should leave.”

“Pa,”

“Don’t argue with your mother.”

“Mrs. Tuan, I’m sorry if I have offended~”

“No, why do you have to apologize? We’re leaving.”

“She is not, and will never be good enough for this family.”

So, end things while it’s still early. We’re expecting Hana in a few minutes.

Hana bit her lip before turning away from the doorway and rushing back to her car.

 

 

Jackson chewed on his lip as he glanced at his friend; Mark had set his glass down and looked at the amber liquid listlessly. The two friends were at Exodus.

You already kind of saw this one coming.” He said quietly.

“But I had hoped they’d understand you know, I do everything they ask of me, take care of the company, never tarnish the family name, but..” Mark pushed the glass away, it landed on the floor with a loud crack, Jackson gave the bartender an apologetic smile.

“Just one thing, why can’t they just….” Mark said bitterly.

“Seolah? Did she go home?”

“I..I don’t know, she walked out, I’ve been trying to call her…” Mark shook his head, Jackson sighed.

You know, alcohol may seem that it can help, but in reality, it doesn’t.” A feminine voice chimed.

They both looked up, Lee Hana was standing before them. Jackson balked.

Hana,” Mark sat up.

We were expecting you~

I couldn’t come. I guess your mom didn’t see my text. I’m sorry.” She said quickly.

Jackson.” Jackson extended his hand to her eagerly, she smiled and took it.

Hana.” She nodded back.

Are you here alone?” Mark asked and looked around.

My friend’s a frequent goer.” She shrugged before taking the seat next to Mark.

So, are you going to be sober tomorrow?” She asked him, Mark blinked at her.

Jackson grinned.

Why? Are you going to ask me if my girlfriend’s pregnant?” He asked, there was a little edge in his tone that made Jackson tense up slightly..

My mother asked me to show myself at your office, something about me being engaged to you? You heard about that?” She asked dryly, Jackson chortled, relieved.

I’m sorry, Han. Sure, I’ll be sober tomorrow. And I’ll set some time for you.” Mark shook his head.

Okay, thanks. I’ll see you then.” She looked at him, her brows met briefly.

And, Mark?” She spoke, Mark looked at her.

I’m…really sorry.

Jackson paused, Mark stared at her questioningly.

“Han, we talked about this, you’re not at fault here.

I know…I..just..well, see you tomorrow. Don’t drink and drive. It was nice to meet you, Jackson.” She said before sliding down the stool and leaving them.

Wow.” Jackson stated, Mark just ignored him.

She didn’t even bat an eye when you snapped at her. Wow.

 

 

Hana faced her parents; she picked up her glass of juice and studied her toast.

“Hana, where were you last night? The Tuans were expecting you.” Her mother said gently.

“I’m sorry, ma. But Lena had this accident.”

“What? How is she?”

Her father looked up.

“It’s not anything serious. She sprained her ankle.”

“Oh, that got me panicking.” She said with a smile, Hana nodded before eating.

“So, I’m meeting up with Mark this morning, I may not be able to attend the board meeting, appa.” She spoke.

“It’s okay, they’ll understand.” He smiled at her, Hana just bit the inside of her cheek before setting her toast down.

“That’s good, then. You two should get to know each other.”

“I’ll get going now.” She excused herself and stepped out of the dining room, she picked up the two white boxed on the center table before stepping to the garage.

Hana slid inside her Lamborghini and sped away from the house with tensed shoulders.

“Whoa, this makes me feel so guilty even though it’s not my fault.” She murmured as she stepped on the gas, she plugged in her Bluetooth earphone just as her phone started to ring.

“Why did your mom call me to ask if Lena’s okay? She sprained her leg?”

“I had to lie.” She blurted, Kai chuckled.

“You were at Exodus last night. Has hell frozen over?”

“I was..checking on a friend.”

“I am your only friend.” He mused.

“Let’s talk later, okay? At the warehouse?”

“Sure.” Kai snorted before ending the call, Hana stepped on the brakes and looked at the building across the street. She puffed her cheeks before stepping on the gas again.

 

 

“Director,”

Mark looked up from his desk; his secretary was standing by the door.

“Miss Lee is here.”

“Send her in.” He nodded quickly, Hana walked in carrying two boxes with her.

“Vice president, I can help you with that.” The male said.

“No, it’s fine. Thanks.” She smiled before walking towards Mark, the male exited the room quietly.

Mark stood up just as Hana set the boxes on his desk.

“Cupcakes?” He blinked.

“One box is for you, the other is for your girlfriend.” She said before looking around the room, Mark’s brows rose.

“You were there.”

She paused and looked away from him.

“Butler Heo said you had arrived then you disappeared.”

Hana sighed.

I didn’t mean to….listen, I just…I didn’t want to make things worse.” She faced him, Mark nodded.

“How is she?”

“She wont answer any of my calls.” Mark replied softly, Hana bit her lip.

“Uhm, Hana,” Mark spoke, she looked at him.

“Jackson and I are meeting up for lunch, why don’t you join us? I mean, so that I get to introduce you two properly.”

“You mean, properly as in you not being half-drunk and cranky at me?” She mused, Mark flinched, but she chuckled.

“How about,” She said as she took out her phone.

“You meet my friends too.”

Mark paused, but he nodded.

“I’ll take care of lunch then.” She started typing on her phone, Mark’s phone pinged.

“That’s the address. I’ll see you there later.” She said with a small grin.

“Hana, you didn’t have to bring~”

“It’s fine, Mark. I’d like to meet her too, so that she wouldn’t misunderstand me. Why don’t you bring her over?” She asked.

“I’ll try.” Mark said, then she stood up.

“I’ll walk you to the lobby.” Mark said before opening the door for her.

“So, big boss?” She mused as they walked towards the elevator, employees would stare at the two in admiration as they passed by.

“You’re the big boss.”

She chuckled and shook her head.

I know what you heard last night may not have been~

Hana was looking at him, but then suddenly, Mark yanked her forward. Then she heard a loud crash.

“Be careful!” He heard Mark call out, Hana tensed, her cheek was pressed against his chest.

Mark pulled back from her.

Are you okay?

Yeah, thanks.” She said as she looked at the set of tools on the floor, it had almost hit her.

Renovations.” Mark explained.

I noticed.” She said, and then Mark stretched his hand towards her hair and pulled out bits of paper.

Don’t want people to think I made you do manual labor here.” He mused as the elevator doors pinged open.

The two got in.

So,” She suddenly spoke.

Mark glanced at her.

Is she pregnant yet?” She asked with a grin.

Mark just chuckled and shook his head; Hana just raised her fist at him.

“Here’s to a weird friendship, Tuan boy.”

 

 

Okay, Samsung girl.” He replied as he bumped fists with her.

 

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++