038

This Girl, That Girl

Hana bit her lip as she stood up again, she was waiting outside the emergency room along with Mark’s security detail and secretary.

She was chewing on the insides of her cheek as she paced infront of the double doors.

“Vice president, would you like some tea?” One guard approached her, she just shook her head.

“Thank you, but I’m fine.” She said quickly, then she looked up as Kai and Jackson stepped out of the elevator.

“What happened? You got blood on you.” Kai said as he reached her.

“It’s not mine, it’s Mark’s.” Hana shook her head and unconsciously touched the collar of her blouse.

“Hana, what was that?” Jackson asked.

“I don’t know…It was this rock, I guess someone wanted to hurt with it, but Mark somehow saw it coming. He managed to get me, but it got him.”

“Yeob~”

“He was bleeding pretty badly, Kai. I—I…” She trailed off, her eyes started to moisten.

“Hana, it’s not your fault.” Jackson spoke softly, before she could reply, her secretary came running towards them.

“Ma’am,”

She pulled away from Kai and walked towards the male.

“What is it?”

“I checked on the incident, some witnesses state that they saw a man in a green hoodie running away from the scene right after director Tuan got injured.”

Hana nodded and crossed her arms.

“Did you manage to catch the person?” She asked.

“No, not yet. But we managed to get a clear look of his face.”

Hana’s brows rose, she pulled him away from the group. Kai glanced up and watched them.

“The doctor said he needed to be stitched, but they don’t know yet how much the injury could..affect him.” The secretary told Jackson, Kai bit his lip.

Hana took the screenshot from a CCTV footage, her secretary tensed.

“This man…” Hana trailed off, trying to remember the person.

“He’s one director Moon’s men. He usually drives him around.”

Hana let out a short humorless laugh, which alarmed Kai.

“He was the one who was so open about ousting me.” Hana shook her head.

“Vice president~”

But Hana sidestepped him and just made her way towards the elevator, Kai jogged after her.

“Hana~”

“No.” She spat, Kai’s brows met briefly.

“I’ve had enough of this.” She exhaled before going inside the machine.

 

 

The Tuan elders were standing inside the private suite, Jackson and Jaebum decided to step out give the family privacy.

“What happens now?” Jackson asked.

“Thankfully, his injury isn’t serious.” He added, Jaebum sat down, his eyes went to the flat screen TV mounted on the wall.

“Hana was…scary earlier.”

“Why?”

“She found out that one of Samsung’s directors wanted to hurt her, it was a certain director Moon who sent that man.”

“Man? The person who threw the rock?”

Jackson nodded and sat down beside his friend.

“Yeah, he sent one of his bodyguards to take Hana down.”

“And now, he’s the one going down.” Jaebum leaned back on his seat, he gestured towards the screen.

Photos of the very director flashed on the screen alongside with the attacker. The news reporter started to show proof how the two are related and how the male was working for the Samsung director.

“They’re all ganging up on her, I hate it.” Jackson frowned.

“They should stop it now. Or else she really will lose it.”

 

 

The room was buzzing; the directors couldn’t sit down still. Everyone was talking about what happened earlier. And they were confused as to why they were called to an emergency meeting in such a rush.

Hana’s father was inside the room as well, occasionally checking the time and looking around him.

Hana strode in the room, she didn’t bother to greet them back as they all bowed to her, she just walked to her seat.

“Hana,” Mr. Lee spoke as he noticed her blood stained shirt.

“So,” Hana cleared , then a black and white photo appeared on the screen behind her.

Hana saw director Moon Bangshik tense on his seat.

“Will somebody explain this to me?” She said coldly, the room turned dead quiet.

“Oh, so now no one will speak?” She chuckled, then a video started to play. A man wearing a green hoodie was seen circling the crowd of reporters gathered around the entrance of the Tuans’ building. Then he started to blend in the in the crowd, he started to lift one arm up, the males in the room flinched when they realized what he just threw across the heads of other reporters, then chaos started to happen.

“Still nothing to say? Do I have to pull out this person’s file? His name, age, birth date, and employer?” She snapped, even Hana’s father was unsure whether to speak or not.

She raised one hand up, the doors swung open and three policemen strode into the room.

“Director Moon, thanks for trying to kill me.” She chuckled dryly as the police approached him.

“I—It wasn’t me, I~”

Hana just shook her head at the elder as police cuffed him and made him stand.

“Hana,” Mr. Lee warned.

“You brat. You don’t deserve that seat! You will destroy Samsung!” Moon Bangshik yelled as he was being dragged away.

“The Tuans will be pressing charges. Good luck.” She gave him a small wave before gesturing for the guards to close the doors on Moon Bangshik’s face.

The other directors looked shaken.

“So, whoever has something to say to me, or to the board, spit it out now. Because I am tired of having to deal with your prejudice against me because I’m a woman.” She said, they all diverted their gazes.

“Since, you all hate me so much for being a woman, I’m going to be just like my grandfather, only twice as worse. You like that, right?” She grinned.

Her father just balked at her, he knew what Hana meant that she’d copy the elder. Lee Hansoo terrified everyone, yes, he was warm-hearted and smiling, but when it came to work, he turned into the devil.

“Anyway, thanks for attending the meeting. Have a great weekend.” Hana said before stepping out of the room.

Mr. Lee left his seat and walked after his daughter.

“Hana,”

“I’m sorry for being rude, abeoji. But someone had to point that out.” She quipped, her father sighed.

“I’m proud of you for doing that, daughter, but, did you really have to~”

“He tried to kill me, appa. It wasn’t a small rock.” She spat, then she paused.

“Mark got hurt.” She crossed her arms, the guards behind them stopped.

“I know, dear. I heard about it, and I am mad at Bangshik for doing that. But what if the press~”

“The press already knows. I had it announced.”

Her father nodded, his brows rose briefly.

“He’s important to you, huh?” He said softly.

Hana’s jaws clenched and unclenched.

“He is.” She said before going inside the elevator.

 

 

Mark was wincing as he sat up, he could hear his mother speaking in rushed tones by the windows.

He opened his eyes, his father was looking at him.

“Mark,”

“Pa, Hana…Hana was with me.” He spoke, he glanced at the time.

Yes, she is.” The elder nodded quickly and pulled his chair closer to the bed.

Don’t worry, she’s safe. She didn’t get hurt.” He said as soon as he saw the expression on his son’s face.

But, who would..who would do that?” Mark was a little disoriented, he could feel a sharp pain on the back of his head, he reached for it and felt the thick bandage.

One of Samsung's~

The door opened, Mark looked up. Hana stood by the doorway, looking unsure and a little pale.

Hana, dear, come in.” Mrs. Tuan walked to her, Hana looked hesitant but she let the elder pull her into the room.

I just..came by to ch-check on..to check if he’s awake.” Hana nodded quickly.

Mark’s okay, Hana. It’s you we were worried about, to think that someone close would actually plot against you.” Mrs. Tuan frowned.

Hana just shook her head.

I’m okay, Mrs. Tuan, no need to worry about me.” She said, Mark’s father stood up.

We’ll give you some time to talk.” He said before pulling his wife with him, Mark watched as the elders left the suite.

Hana was chewing on her lip as she crossed the room.

Han, how are you?” Mark spoke softly, she sat down on the chair his father had just vacated.

She shook her head at him, her eyes went to the bandage on his head.

Mark, I..I’m sorry.

Han, it’s not your fault. The attacker~

I was the real target, okay? One of the directors wanted to get rid of me, I don’t know why he just didn’t hire a sniper. But that man~

Mark just took her hand in his.

Han, it’s okay. You’re okay, you’re safe, that’s all that matters.” He said.

You didn’t have to do it, Mark. I was being rude to you, and…you being hurt, it’s because of me.

I wanted to. I needed to make it up to you, Han. I’m really sorry.” He said as he cupped her cheek. Hana’s brows met briefly.

You got hurt because of me, Mark. Stop being so nice.” She sighed.

Mark just leaned over to kiss her cheek.

Hana stilled and stared at him.

 

It’s you. I’d rather get hurt than you, Han. And you know that.” He whispered before pressing his lips against hers.

 

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++