037

This Girl, That Girl

Kai stepped out of his family’s villa, he was eyeing the gray Ford Mustang rolled in the Kim property.

“Okay, so where did all the love for fast Japanese cars go?” Kai asked as Samsung’s heiress slid down from the car.

“I figured I should try some American muscle once in a while.” She shrugged as she walked towards him.

“Hana.” He sighed.

“What? You want to talk about Tuan too?” She muttered as she sidestepped him and walked towards the house.

“I heard from Chanyeol hyung, okay? He was really worried.”

“Do you think I just said that on a whim? I thought about it.” She said as she pushed the doors open, she made her way to the living room and plopped down on the brown leather couches.

“Yeobo,”

Hana paused, she put her bag down and crossed her arms.

“I…I don’t know what to do, Kai.” She spoke softly, Kai sighed and just sat down next to her.

“Yeobo, you’re not at fault.”

“I know that…but I lied…I kept things from him, in a way, I let it happen.” She looked away, she was sahking.

“You couldn’t control it, yeobo. She was the one cheating, not you. And she~”

“I know that, but..he’s right, what if…what if I let it happen because she started to annoying me? I let it go on because I knew I could use it against her. Because I knew that it would destroy her.”

“Hana, don’t.” Kai shook his head before opening one arm to her, she brushed her tears away and just leaned on him.

“I….I can’t marry him, Kai.”

“You have feelings for him.” Kai said carefully, Hana bit her lip.

“I’m not Seolah, Kai. I’m not her.” She spoke, Kai’s brows met briefly.

“Of course, you’re not. You’re~”

“Don’t. Don’t even try.” Hana shook her head.

“Hana, you don’t get it, Mark Tuan sees you. And it’s so obvious.” Kai made her face him.

“He was forced to see me, Kai. Because if he didn’t, then he would lose his inheritance, that’s how things work for us.” Hana stood up and straightened her shirt.

“You don’t get it, he doesn’t~”

“I’m going to get us something to drink.” She said before walking towards the kitchen, Kai just leaned back on his seat with a groan.

 

 

Mark drummed his fingers on the table as the meeting went on, the directors from the company were also in the room.

His head was starting to throb, he had just arrived from Seoul an hour ago, and he was immediately whisked to a board meeting at their main office in Taipei.

“What do you think, chairman?”

Mark felt his secretary nudged him discreetly, he looked up. The male was looking at him expectantly.

He looked at the screen behind him, his eyes scanned the data on the chart, it didn’t make sense to him, he exhaled before speaking.

“I’ll have to review this alone before forwarding this to the president. Please send a copy to my office.” Mark nodded, the male paused in confusion, but he nodded.

Mark stood up from his seat, signaling that the meeting has ended, the other directors followed suit. He quietly stepped out of the room, his secretary followed behind him.

“I’ve scheduled your flight back later after lunch, sir. Do you have other plans?” He asked.

“No, I have nothing. Is something the matter?” Mark asked.

“Well, regarding the venture with Samsung,”

Mark paused, his brows met briefly.

“What is it?”

“There is a meeting with Samsung at four pm this afternoon, vice president Lee will be there.”

Mark bit his lip.

“Move my flight. I want the jet to be ready in an hour.” Mark said before going inside the elevator.

 

 

Hana chewed on the insides of her cheek as she shifted the gear to park. She stared at the huge building before her.

“This is why I wanted siblings. I need extras.” She muttered to herself before killing the engine and sliding down from her new Mustang.

“Vice president Lee!” A Tuan Holdings executive rushed up to her, she gave him a polite smile before shaking his offered hand.

“Did you come alone?” He asked her amiably as they walked in the lobby.

“I did, I figured I didn’t need an assistant if we were just to discuss about the minor changes in the plan.” She said as she walked with him.

“Yes, of course, vice president.”

“Uhm, is the chairman still out? I heard he had to fly to Taiwan this morning.” Hana asked carefully as they reached the elevator.

“Is it that bad? That you don’t even want to be in the same building as me?”

Hana stopped, the male beside her blinked and turned around, he immediately bowed.

Hana followed his gaze and shook her head, Mark’s familiar dark orbs were staring straight back at hers.

tumblr_ovejmsFxfh1vi039ko5_r2_250.gif

“This is work. I was just asking. I’d like to have the elevator. Can you take the other one?” She said before taking a step inside the machine, Mark looked away just as the doors closed.

Hana exhaled and leaned back on the cool metal wall.

 

 

Mark walked in his office, he loosened his tie and flexed his neck.

“Sir~”

“I know, Hana is already at the conference room,” Mark cut him off.

“No, it’s not that. Somehow,” The male hesitated, Mark turned to him with a questioning look.

“Reporters have caught…Someone heard about vice president Lee wanting to stop the wedding.”

Mark stilled, his fingers curled on his phone tightly.

“And a huge number of them have gathered outside, sir.”

The Tuan heir winced and pinched the bridge of his nose.

“I’ll be with Hana in a minute, just~”

“That’s the problem, she went down to face them. Alone.”

Mark dashed out of the room. He made his way towards the elevator and immediately pressed for the lobby.

The doors finally pinged open, Mark walked out of the machine, then he noticed the crowd gathered by the doors.

“What are you doing? Why let her go out alone?” He snapped as his security detail rushed to him, the four males paused.

“S—Sir, she~”

“Make sure she’s safe.” Mark stated, they nodded and rushed towards the revolving glass doors. Mark walked towards the doors, cameras and recorders were all facing towards Hana, waiting on her ever word.

“Miss Lee, is it true that you were the one behind Jin Construction Group’s fall?”

“It has been said that this was because she was close with chairman Tuan and you didn’t like that.”

“Did you do it pull them apart? Were you jealous of them?”

“Then, why are you backing out of the wedding?”

“Did you use your power to destroy the Jins? Miss Lee! Miss Lee!”

Guards started secure Hana, but she shook free from them.

“All the rumors~”

Then it all happened so fast, Hana felt someone yank her from behind, then she was falling, she flinched when her back landed on the cold tiled floor.

People started to panic around them, she could hear the guards yelling. Then she grew conscious of the pressing weight above her, her eyes focused on the face just inches above hers.

“M—Mark?” She stuttered.

“I—I’m sorry,” He breathed, then she saw the line of blood dripping on his hairline, straight down to the side of his neck.

 

“Mark!”

 

 

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++