011

This Girl, That Girl

 

 

“Wait, she’s the one kissing another guy behind his back and now I’m getting the attitude?” Hana said to herself as she stood up from her desk, she glanced at the files on her desk.

Was I the one clashing tongues with another guy? Why is she so~ Ugh.

She shook her head.

Hana halted when the doors opened and her secretary walked in.

“Vice president,”

“What is it? Is this about the presentation this afternoon?” She asked.

‘’Aniyo, but this is regarding the venture with Tuan Holdings.”

”Wait, so there really is a venture? I thought I was the venture.” She murmured before nodding for him to take a seat.

“So, what is it?”

“They want to step up their shipping lines, our~”

“Samsung Shipping Lines.” Hana nodded.

“Tuan Holdings wants to start a new shipping line but targeting smaller businesses.”

“Right. That’s one of the new proposals for the first half of this year.” Hana bit on her lip, her fingers drummed on her desk.

“They’re sending in representatives tomorrow.”

“Good, fill my schedule tomorrow.”

“Eh?” The male paused, confused.

“I want to be super busy tomorrow.” She nodded before stepping out of her office.

 

 

“She’s not what I expected.” Seolah replied as they stepped out of the restaurant, Mark smiled.

“I thought the same too.”

Seolah’s brows rose.

“Hey,” Mark stopped and made her face him.

“I’m really sorry, Seol. About what happened, I didn’t expect that my father would react like that.”

“It wasn’t just your father, Mark. Your whole family doesn’t like me.” She bit her lip, Mark shook his head at her.

“No, they just don’t see it yet. They don’t understand us.”

Seolah gave him a small weak smile.

“Mark, where is this going? Where are we going?” She asked meaningfully, Mark was about to reply when a loud distinctive purr made them look up.

Kai slid down from the passenger seat of pearl while Nissan GTR, and then Hana appeared, her face framed with a pair of oversized sunglasses, she ran one hand through her hair as Kai walked to her side.

Seolah looked away, her bows furrowed.

From across the street, Kai smirked.

“I just don’t understand why she was being so mean and territorial, she went all caveman and marking her territory.” Hana continued her rant.

“Mark Tuan!” He called, Hana almost tripped.

She followed her friend’s gaze; Mark was across the street with Seolah. She glared at Kai, but he moved away from her before she could kick his shin.

“Come on, yeobo.” Kai pulled her across the street.

 

 

Seolah crossed her arms as the two reached them.

“Out for lunch?” Mark asked, Kai nodded.

“I had to fish her out of work.” He mused, Hana felt Mark’s gaze on her, her brows met briefly.

“You know girls like my yeobo, she’s busy most of the time.” Kai smiled pleasantly, Hana eyed him warily, and she was trying to pull Kai away from them.

“Han, about later~”

“I’m heading to the restaurant first. Because I’m hungry.” Hana suddenly spoke, and off she went with her Gucci heels, brisk walking to the restaurant.

“Is she okay?” Mark asked as he glanced at her, Seolah took Mark’s hand.

“Yeah, she’s still mad at me for dragging her to Exodus last night.” Kai chuckled heartily, he noticed Seolah’s eyes widen.

He smirked to himself.

“Anyway, see you later, Tuan boy.” Kai teased before walking towards the building, Seolah exhaled and looked away.

Seolah glanced at the restaurant’s window, she saw Kai join Hana at their table, she just shook her head.

“I didn’t mean it in a positive way, Mark.” She spoke as they reached his car.

“Huh?”

“Hana.”

“Seol, what do you mean?”

“I just don’t like her.” She shrugged before getting in the car, Mark glanced at the restaurant, Hana was looking at him.

She offered him a small smile, Mark just waved at her before getting inside his Huracan.

 

 

“Why do you love trouble so much? You just told me last night not to meddle.” Hana said through gritted teeth as their food was being served.

“I didn’t know she was going to mess with you.”

“Wow, I’m touched, Regina George.” She said blandly.

“Like I said, nobody hurts my yeobo.” Kai mused.

“Ugh.” She shuddered.

“That was just a small warning, so that she wont try to scratch you with her kitten claws again.”

“Kitten?”

“You have jaguar claws, honey.”

“Shut up.” She muttered, then she looked at the window, Mark’s Huracan had sped away minutes ago.

“What is it?” Kai asked her. Her hand went to the chain around her neck and she fiddled with diamond pendant.

“Why are you the one avoiding him? Are you the one cheating on him?”

“I wasn’t, I just..didn’t want to face him yet.”

“He’s your date later.“ Kai pointed out.

“It’s work.”

“Marriage work.” Kai mused, Hana sighed and dropped her fork.

“If…If I really end up marrying him…” Hana bit her lip, Kai’s brows met briefly.

“I’ll be the one giving you away.” He volunteered, Hana hissed at him.

“I’m serious, I feel like we’re both losing this battle. If..I really do end up being Mrs. Tuan, then…” Hana bit her lip, Kai faced her, he could tell she was worried despite trying to cover it up for the past few days.

“Kai, can’t you see? Mark can’t control his parents. We’re both the same, pawns to manage the business.”

“Hana, you’re not~”

“It’s a trap. It’s always been a trap.”

“What if it works?”

“What will?” She shook her head.

“You and him. What if it works?”

“Well, he’s not exactly my type.” She flinched.

“You don’t have a type. You hate men.”

“I just wanted a few minutes of serious conversation, why are you like this?” She groaned.

“Because I’m seeing something, yeobo.” Kai grinned at her, his eyes were on the necklace.

“Just go and flirt with the waitress.” She shooed him away, Kai just shook his head and smiled to himself.

 

 

It could work, Lee Hana. I have a feeling it will.

 

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++