025

This Girl, That Girl

 

Hana stilled herself as they entered the house, they were greeted by the butler on their way to the living room. She felt Mark’s hand on her back, gently steering her to the left.

Hana, finally!” Mrs. Tuan was a vision in diamonds and Chanel as she hugged the girl.

I’m sorry for not being able to come last time, auntie. Something came up at work.” Hana said apologetically.

It’s fine, you’re here now.” She patted the girl’s hand, Hana nodded. Then she bowed politely as the Tuan patriarch reached them.

How are you doing, uncle?” She smiled.

You can call us ma and pa from now on, Hana. No need to be so formal.” He said gently before patting the girl’s shoulder.

“Then, I’ll do that then.“ Hana agreed, her eyes went to Mark briefly.

Why don’t you show her around the house while dinner’s being prepared, Mark?

We’ll do that,” Mark nodded, he offered his hand to Hana.

Go on.” Mr. Tuan urged, Hana took her hand and let Mark pull her away from the elders.

How did I do?” She whispered as soon as they were steps away from them.

You did well, pretty face.” He nodded back, Hana just smiled to herself.

“Aigoo, she’s proud.” Mark playfully nudged her. Hana looped her arm around his.

“I’m trying to look good in front of my in-laws.” She whispered again. Mark could not help laugh as he led her to the gardens.

 

 

“Your cook makes the best cream tarts!” Hana chuckled as they were served tea. They were having deserts at the garden by the pond.

“I’m glad you like them, Hana. I’m really thankful that you’re here with us.” Mrs. Tuan smiled at her.

“Yes, thank you for having me, aun~ ma.” She nodded quickly, Mark grew amused before taking a bite of his key lime pie.

“Have you two spoke about the wedding? We want to hear your thoughts too. Any colors you want as motif, Hana?”

“Wow, now you want our opinion?” Mark asked dryly, but his mother just sent him a look. Hana looked on, amused.

“I’m…actually good with anything but…neon.” She said.

“Neon? Neon green sounds cool for a wedding.” Mark teased.

“You wear it then.” She stuck her tongue out at him, Mrs. Tuan chuckled.

“Maybe a pale pink? Or gold? I don’t really have a preference.” Hana clarified, she crossed her legs and looked at the star-filled sky.

“I’ll take note of that.”

Mark silently stood up and jogged back to the house.

“Right, about what happened recently,” Mrs. Tuan started, Hana bit her lip.

Thank you for clearing that up, people really love to create trouble.” She frowned, Hana saw Mr. Tuan nod at his wife.

“It’s nothing, ma.” She smiled, then Mark returned with a Hermes blanket.

It’s quite chilly tonight.” He stated before carefully placing it on her lap.

Thanks.” Hana fixed it around her bare legs, the elders exchanged looks before continuing with their pastries.

I don’t like strawberries.” She whispered before taking off the red bit off her tart and placing it on his plate. Mark just shook his head and continued eating.

But the tarts are really good.” She nodded again.

Are you still worried they don’t like you?” He playfully whispered back.

Not really. I’m Samsung girl after all.” She mused back, Mark just grinned and chewed on the bits of strawberries.

 

 

“So, how’d it go?”

Hana looked up from her desk, Kai was leisurely seated on the couch.

“It…was okay, I mean, his mom..I was actually scared at first.”

“What? Why? You’re not Seolah.” Kai snorted, Hana set the document down before plopping down beside him.

Hana shook off her heels and sighed.

“I heard the way she spoke to Seolah, it was…terrifying.”

“Exactly, but she’s not you, yeobo.” Kai said softly, Hana just shrugged.

“But, this got me thinking,” He started, Hana nodded for him to talk before picking up one of the donuts he brought over.

“What if they know?”

“Huh?”

“About Seolah messing around behind Mark’s back, what if his parents know?” Kai finished, Hana halted.

“That….But if they do why wont they just tell him?”

“To protect their son and to easily insert you in the picture. His mother being rude to her, his parents rejecting her, it..does add up, yeobo.” Kai glanced at her.

“It…No, it doesn’t seem like it.” She replied before chewing.

“Well, are you going to tell him? You two seem pretty close already.” Kai nudged her.

“Wae? Are you jealous, my precious best friend?” Hana , Kai just shook his head and looked at her.

“I…I can’t, it will hurt him.” She said before standing up and padding towards the windows.

“Hana, keeping this from him~”

“Not me. I don’t want to be the one to tell him.” She said quietly before crossing her arms.

 

 

Mark took the seat across Seolah, the girl bit her lip and stared at him before speaking.

“How could you do that?” She spoke.

“You were causing a scene.” Mark replied evenly.

“Mark, I am your girlfriend. You always take her~”

“Seolah, you pushed her off the pool and created a scandal against her.” Mark cut her. Seolah started to shake her head.

“Listen to you, you’re not even thinking about me.” She spat, Mark paused, his brows met.

“I don’t approve of that wedding, Mark.”

“There’s nothing for you to approve or disapprove after what you did, Seol.” He spoke quietly, Seolah looked away.

“Mark, I can’t lose you.”

Mark exhaled.

“I understand why this marriage has to push forward. But I hope it doesn’t have to happen.”

“I’m sorry, Seol. I can’t stop this.”

“You can’t or you wont?” She asked, Mark just stood up, he leaned over to kiss the side of her head before leaving the table.

Seolah just let out a shaky breath before picking up her frappe.

 

 

“Should we order in? Chinese?” Kai asked as they walked towards the building.

“I want Pad Thai and spring rolls.” She nodded and just looped her arm around his.

“You’ve given up, huh?” Kai said as they entered the lobby.

“What?”

“Resisting the wedding.”

Hana sighed.

“Avoiding my parents didn’t do anything, but what I did with that scandal just made them think I’m all for it. So,”

“So, what?”

“ it. I might as well get married and be divorced in the same year.” She mused.

“Lee Hana~”

They stopped when they saw Mark sitting on one of the lounge chairs.

Tuan boy? You again?” Hana was smiling as she approached him, Kai grinned to himself.

Your secretary told me to go on up. But it seemed..wrong.” Mark said and stood up, Hana’s eyes went to the black shopping bags with him.

I didn’t know you had plans for lunch. I can just~

“Were you going to cook for me?” Hana beamed, pleased about the idea of fresh food. Kai just grew amused, his yeobo was blind.

“That was the plan, but we can always~”

“You know what, I’m tired. She’s been talking my ears off the whole afternoon. Now it’s your turn to babysit.” Kai chuckled. Hana glared at him, Mark grinned.

“You can join us, Kai.” Mark said.

“No, I don’t want to be a third party to Seoul’s hottest couple.” He teased, Hana sighed.

“You, cut it~”

“Hana?” A familiar deep voice made her stop, Mark noticed how Kai’s shoulders tensed.

“Oh.” Hana’s eyes were on the male, she suddenly stepped back and bumped into Mark.

Han?” Mark asked as he steadied her, his eyes went to the male standing before them.

And then he moved forward and kissed her cheek before speaking,

 

 

“Do you have time? Let’s grab lunch.”

 

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++