010

This Girl, That Girl

 

 

Hana fidgeted on her seat, Seolah was the girl she saw at Exodus, clashing tongues with a guy who wasn’t Mark.

She winced before looking up.

No allergies?” Mark asked her. Hana bit her lip.

“She can’t take raw fish.” Kai spoke for her, Jaebum glanced at the girl.

“Raw fish? Are you allergic?” Seolah looked at her, Hana nodded and picked up her chopsticks.

It’s just…weird and unhygienic..ish.” She blurted, Kai eyed her warily.

She closed and looked at menu again.

“Are off for a competition then? You were driving your EVO.” Mark said conversationally.

“I didn’t feel like taking out my normal cars.” Hana nodded.

“Normal? What is normal to our Lee Hana?” Jackson mused, Jaebum grew amused.

"You've seen the garage." Kai mused, Jackson grinned.

“Is she still the same? Lamborghini for work, and rarely touches her Ferrari?”

Seolah blinked.

“Kai forced me to get one of those.” She rolled her eyes.

“You don’t like them?” Seolah asked.

“I just use them for work. I’m not really into the whole sports car scene, but I need normal cars so people wont think I’m odd.” Hana explained.

“So, you prefer those….Mitsubishis?” Seolah was skeptical, Mark laughed at her. Seolah’s brows met briefly.

“Hana has a taste for danger.” Mark mused.

“Danger?”

“Our future Mrs. Tuan doesn’t just drive, she also drifts!” Jackson chuckled; Jaebum and Kai glanced at him worriedly.

The whole table grew silent.

Seolah looked away, uncomfortable.

Hana just bit the inside of her cheeks before speaking.

“And that Mrs. Tuan wont be me.” Hana said lightly before picking up the menu.

Mark puffed his cheeks.

 

 

“What?!” Hana sputtered, she and Kai were standing by the fishpond with drinks in hand.

“This is so weird, is she cheating on him? Or was that a one time thing?” She asked.

“Can you even cheat on someone and call it just a one time thing? Do you have guidelines for that?”

Kai shook his head at her, Hana glanced at Mark and Seolah.

“Lena told me about her family’s company, Jin Construction Group.”

“So, you get it now?” Kai asked, Hana blinked.

“She’s not enough for the family, yeobo.”

Her brows met briefly, confused and troubled.

“A side of me feels bad for her, but if she’s cheating on him, then…that would make things…complicated.”

“And you don’t like that.” Kai pointed out, a warning.

“Yeobo, please don’t open your mouth. This isn’t something you should meddle with.” Kai said softly.

“Who said I would?” She muttered, then Jackson marched to them.

“You guys up for a round of pool? Loser pays for the drinks.” He grinned.

 

 

Seolah watched as Hana stood by the pool table, she was speaking with Mark.

Her brows met briefly.

Well, yeah, we used to be playmates, he lived a few blocks away, but they had to move.” Hana stated.

Move?” Mark questioned.

“I transferred high schools. But we still see each other at parties. You can’t get rid of her that easily.” Jaebum replied before leaning over the table for his turn Hana glared at him.

“Now that is very true.” Kai stated.

Mark chuckled.

Seolah’s eyes went to Hana’s wavy locks, on her left wrist was an Audemars timepiece, and she had three Cartier bangles on and a pair of pearl earrings.

Classy and understated.

Her brows met briefly, she leaned against the stool.

So, you told me about that Samsung party?” Mark spoke.

Uhm, y—yeah, I did send an invite to your secretary. I didn’t want to appear rude, I might disturb you~

Hey, it’s fine, just send them to me directly or you can call instead.” Mark nodded.

Any word from you parents?” Mark asked.

Seolah bit her lip.

Nothing, they only said that I should try getting to know you. Meh.” She rolled her eyes, Mark laughed.

Well, that part, at least we’re trying.” He said, Hana just shook her head.

Hmm, for now, I only know that you love fastfood and your best friend wants to switch places with you.” She joked, Jackson winked at her. Mark laughed.

Uhm, can I talk to you privately?” Mark said, Hana nodded, he took her by the arm and pulled her away from the group. Kai looked up as the two were leaving, his eyes went to Seolah briefly. The girl was finishing her drink and there was a look in her eyes that made Kai shake his head.

 

 

Is something wrong?” Hana asked as they reached the empty mini bar.

Did Exodus call you?!” She balked.

N—no, what Exodus?” Mark blinked, Hana bit her lip.

Ohh..I was referring to the bible…sorry, my brain’s not functioning so well now. So, what’s up Tuan boy?

My parents asked me to give you this.

Hana looked at the red box he set on the bar top.

“Don’t worry, it’s not a box of worms or rats.” Mark chuckled, she opened it and halted.

“Mark, I cant~

You kind of have to accept it. It’s something Tuan women must wear.

Hana’s brows met briefly as she stared at the piece of jewelry.

Shouldn’t Seolah~” Hana halted and her hand flew to , Mark blinked at her, confused again.

It would be nice if you wear it publicly.” He said, he looked around them.

Yeah, I’ll keep that in mind.” She said as she looked at the necklace, her brows met briefly.

“Hey,” Mark touched her arm; she looked up, her brows met briefly.

Mark! Cheon Ilse! Exodus! She may or may not be clashing tongues with Cheon Ilse!

“Here, I wanna see how it looks on you.” He took the necklace from the box, Hana balked at him, but he just leaned over with the necklace in hand.

Hana looked to her left, the sleeve of shirt touched her cheek, his face was almost touching his hair.

Then she saw Seolah standing by the doorway.

Hmm, feels like a leash.” She mused, Mark grinned, and then he followed her gaze.

“You guys disappeared.” She said conversationally as she approached them.

“I had to~” Mark’s phone started to ring, he excused himself before leaving the two. Seolah’s eyes went to the necklace around the other girl’s neck.

“Did you like the cupcakes?” Hana smiled at her.

“Really?” She replied, Hana paused.

“What~”

“You think you can win me over with some artisan sweets?”

“Seolah, I know you must not like me right now, but this arrangement between Mark and I, we don’t want it.” Hana stated.

“Is that so?” Seolah crossed her arms, Hana bit her lip.

“I just..”

“You must really feel good about yourself, Mark told me you were there during that dinner.”

“I was, but I decided to leave. I didn’t want to make things worst.”

“Or it was too early for you to gloat.” Seolah mused, Hana’s brows met briefly.

“Girls like you, you have everything and yet you love to play coy.” Seolah chuckled.

“Seolah~”

 

“I’m just saying, I know what kind of girl you are, Lee Hana. Watch your actions, that’s my boyfriend you’re being too close with.” Seolah spat before leaving her.

 

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++