001

This Girl, That Girl

 

 

“Does that make any sense?” A feminine voice spoke, the whole room tensed up and the temperature seemed to have dropped.

“U—Uhm, this is because the new trends lately, people have been preferring hands-free devices while driving, so the concept of a newly redesigned head~”

“I don’t need another reiteration of the proposal, but,” She leaned forward.

“Look at it.” She pointed towards the screen, her brows met briefly.

“Y—yes, vice president?”

“It looks like just the previous model, you only upgraded two or three specs, how can we market this?” She questioned and dropped the folder on the table with a thud.

“Well, we have~”

“We are not in a race, I am aware that our rival companies will soon be releasing their own line of those,” She gestured towards the screen.

“But, we cannot compromise innovation.”

“Vice president, the chairman has already approved of this, and the finance~”

“I only care about the losses and the earnings, will they be able to take responsibility for another flop?” She questioned, the room grew quiet.

“Fix your proposal and course it through to me first.” She stood up, the other directors followed.

“Sidestepping me by using my grandfather wont work. Let’s just respect each other.” She said before leaving the room.

 

 

“So, how much damage did you make?”

The girl looked up just as she stepped out of the department store, he was leaning against his black Range Rover Evoque with a smile on his face.

“Not much. I had to buy a gift for Jinah, her birthday’s coming up.” She grinned as she reached him.

“How was your day?” She asked as he took the shopping bags from her, she took off her Alexander McQueen sunglasses and brushed her hair aside.

“Work was okay. My parents..they want to meet you.” He said shyly, she chuckled.

“I mean, if that’s okay with you, I understand if you~”

“It’s fine.” She nodded before kissing his cheek.

“So, tomorrow’s okay?” He asked he opened the door for her.

“Tomorrow’s perfect. Should I bring over wine? Or something else?”

He just grinned before kissing her forehead.

“What if they wont like me?” She murmured, he shook his head.

“They’ll love you.”

 

 

“And he had the gall to smirk at me as he left the room!”

The male before her rolled his eyes and just started eating his pasta.

“Why can’t he just retire and go plant trees?” She said darkly before stabbing her steak with the knife.

“Look, yeobo, it’s just work. Work is work, don’t let it control you.” He said lightly.

“No, they’ve been doing this to me ever since. They’re looking down on me~”

“I know, I know, they’re looking down on you because you’re a woman.” He cut her, she made a face at him.

“But that’s what you think, what if they’re only challenging you? Checking if you’re up for the job.”

“I’ve been holding my position for almost two years now. And all I get is sour looks.”

“They’re terrified of you, yeobo.” He mused.

“Stop calling me that, Kim Jongin, you’re disgusting. And you should be taking my side.” She complained, he just sighed and started to slice the steak for her. She eyed her phone again, it had been ringing ever since they started eating.

“I’m taking this knife from you. You might stab me.” Kai muttered.

“Aren’t you going to take that?” He jutted his lips towards her cellphone.

“You should have seen it, he’s proposal was a big fat joke, even a first grader would know~”

“Okay, okay, I get it. Good job on blocking a possible failure and loss for your grandfather’s company, now eat. You have to drive me to the office.”

“Why do I have to? You have your own car.” She protested before taking a small bite of her steak.

“Ani, I came here by cab, I was curious how riding public vehicles felt like.” He shrugged at her, she jut sighed and started eating.

 

 

“Oh, so you’re meeting the fambam tomorrow.”

“That’s the plan, don’t scare her.” He warned his friend, the lady across them chuckled.

“She doesn’t have to be scared, she’s Jin Seolah.” The male shook his head and gave her a thumbs-up.

“So, what are they like?” Seolah asked, her boyfriend’s friend grinned.

“His parents are really nice, auntie makes the best hot pot.”

“Hot pot? I’m excited then.”

“Nai nai’s in town too.”

“Really? Then can I come and join you?” Jackson beamed, Mark shook his head at his friend.

“Ani, you might ruin everything.”

“She loves me more than she loves you.” The Wang heir stuck his tongue at him.

Seolah chuckled, her eyes went to his phone again.

“Mark, it’s been ringing the whole time.” She said as she picked up the device.

“It’s just work. I’ll call them back later.” He smiled and took it from her.

“Let’s just order.” He pushed the menu towards her, Seolah nodded.

“So, when do I get to hear the wedding bells?” Jackson teased, Seolah shook her head at him.

“Behave, Jackson.” Mark mused.

 

“Who knows, you might get married soon, Tuanniepoo.”

 

 

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++