Chapter 9

"You Lost Now You're Mine"
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Later that morning, Jimin visits Mrs. Jeon again and he converses with her like usual. He is pleasantly surprised that the small development of head nods and shakes persists. But she still speaks no words. He learns that Mrs. Jeon enjoyed art in all forms, her favorite being painting. She doesn’t like loud noises and hates that Taehyung tends to be loud, but she still likes the boy. He also learns that she might not express it to Jungkook, but she loves him dearly. Jimin begins to think of Jungkook’s interactions with his mom and then comes up with an idea.

“Why do you never respond to Jungkook?” Jimin asks her curiously. Of course, she doesn’t respond, she only responds to yes or no questions. But Jimin can see her lips tip downwards a bit and her eyes harden at the question.

“You know, Mrs. Jeon...I think Jungkook misses you. I get the impression that you two were very close before the...incident...I get the feeling you would shower him in hugs and praises for his hard work. And I think he misses that.” Jimin said hesitantly on saying the word incident. He knew Mrs. Jeon didn’t get triggered by the word alone, but if paired with other words or gestures it could possibly trigger a panic attack.

Mrs. Jeon paused in her sketching and looked towards Jimin as if trying to discern his point in telling her things she already knew.

“I was just wondering? Why won’t you hug Jungkook anymore? Or smile at him? Is there a reason?” Jimin asks ending with a yes or no question. Mrs. Jeon nods.

“Are you afraid?” Jimin asks testing out theories. Another nod.

“Why? Are you afraid to just show your affections?” Jimin continues prodding. Mrs. Jeon shakes her head.

“Hmm...are you afraid you’ll lose him?” He asks remembering she’d lost her unborn child. Mrs. Jeon doesn’t respond to that at first but then gives a small nod.

“I understand you’re afraid Mrs. Jeon, but it’s because anyone can leave us at any moment that we should treasure the time we have with them. Don’t you want to hug your son?” Jimin asks and smiles when he sees her give him another small nod. He had figured that would be her answer, and he was more than certain that if Jungkook’s mom hugged him, Jungkook would probably cry to him later about it. Jimin’s smile widened at the thought of Jungkook crying over something like that. That would be quite a sight, the somewhat aloof CEO crying over finally getting a hug from his mother after six long years. Thinking about it more, Jimin knew it would do Jungkook some good for such a thing to actually happen, as well as aid in Mrs. Jeon’s recovery.

“I’m sure he wants the same. So when you see him later today, why don’t you give him one? Just a small one. It doesn’t have to be long, a second is enough. I’m sure it will help you both. You in your path to recovery, and him in knowing his mom really does still care for him. He might not voice it to you Mrs. Jeon, but I can tell he sometimes wonders if you still love him.” Jimin said giving Mrs. Jeon’s hand a small pat hoping she’d find it reassuring. Mrs. Jeon stared at him awhile before giving one of her small nods. Jimin notices the tenseness in this one, the almost worried aura coming off it.

“It’s ok to be nervous Mrs. Jeon. If you’re not ready to do this, it’s ok. But please try? Just a small hug ok?” Jimin asks leaning forward to give her a pleading look. The next time she nods it’s a bit more firm as if she was setting her resolve to do it, and it made Jimin smile more.

“That’s the spirit Mrs. Jeon, you can do it. I believe in you.” Jimin said with another reassuring pat on her hand and then he stood up to leave.

“Well I better be going, I’m sure Taehyung will be coming in here any minute now to give you your lunch. If he becomes too loud just tap him twice on the arm, right below his elbow, that usually gets him to quiet down and focus on the person tapping him no matter what he’s going on about. Now I’ll be leaving, see you later Mrs. Jeon.” Jimin says giving her a wave goodbye. Jimin didn’t actually expect Mrs. Jeon to follow his suggestion about Taehyung, but he offered it just in case she decided to.

As he walked back towards his room he was stopped by Jungkook who was coming down the stairs from the third floor. Jimin waited for him and tilted his head to the side with a questioning stare on his features.

“About the party, tonight, do you have a suit?” Jungkook asks once he’s reached Jimin. Jimin stood there dumbly for a few moments wondering what party Jungkook was talking about. Then it hit him, the party that Jungkook’s father was hosting, he had to go as Jungkook’s date. Jimin sighed and shook his head.

“You sure you want me to go with you? Don’t you have anyone that you actually like that you could ask?” Jimin questioned with a small frown on his face.

“But darling, I do like you,” Jungkook said with a playful smile. But Jimin was irritated with hearing that nickname again.

“I told you to stop calling me that,” Jimin muttered.

“But I lik

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter