Chapter 29

"You Lost Now You're Mine"
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Namjoon and Jimin decided to let their feet soak in the water while they talked. They asked each other simple questions about how things were going and how their families were. Light topics that you’d have with any acquaintance.

“So you told me last time that you were taking care of the company for your dad, how’s that going?” Namjoon asked.

“Hmm..it’s not too bad. There was a bit of an issue last week but it’s over now, and I think I handled it pretty well.” Jimin answered.

“Oh that’s good...so how are things going with Jungkook?” Namjoon continued.

“He’s my boyfriend now,” Jimin replied with a smile. Namjoon was silent for a few seconds and so Jimin looked up at him curiously. Namjoon looked so surprised by Jimin’s sudden revelation and Jimin could see that he was also trying to hide the pain he was feeling.

“Ah...that’s great...congratulations,” Namjoon said halfheartedly.

“You don’t have to say something you don’t mean Namjoon. But thanks.” Jimin swiftly replied as he kicked at the water.

“Sorry, I can’t be more sincere…I just thought it would be awhile before you two officially dated...It’s kind of sudden, I mean you weren’t dating less than three days ago.”

“I guess it seems like that to you and you’re not wrong, I mean I’ve only known him for about a little over half a month now….but we have history. I might not remember it, but when I’m talking to him I can tell that we did.”

“Right...you guys have history…” Namjoon said recalling how Jimin had told him about it the last time they’d seen each other at the park.

“Yea... And while I have my doubts from time to time about all this I can’t say I regret my decision. I really like him Namjoon, and after what happened with you, I’m still a bit insecure about dating, but I think I’ve made the right choice in asking him out. I know he loves me, and I am sure that I feel the same way about him” Jimin explained with a fond smile thinking about Jungkook.

“...I see...well I’m happy for you. I guess what we had is really over now?” Namjoon mused.

“Yes Namjoon, it’s very much over has been for years,” Jimin replied nodding.

“But you know...I never really asked you for a break up...and you didn’t either.” Namjoon pointed out.

“So?” Jimin questioned a bit weary about what Namjoon would say next.

“So technically, we never broke up?” Namjoon mumbled.

“...No, you don’t get to say that. We are broken up. You didn’t call when you should have.”

“You could have called too you know, you can’t jus-”

“I can just. I admit I might have said some things I shouldn’t have that day, but what you said was way worse. You don’t just tell someone they aren’t worth your time or effort after four years of building them up and telling them they are worth the world and much more. You don’t just tell someone they mean nothing to you anymore and that you regret everything we’d been through together. You don’t bring up all the issues from the past that you said we’d worked through and then throw them back in my face. You don’t get to criticize my dreams and say that what I wanted to do is stupid  You don’t do all that and then expect them to be the first to call and make amends. It doesn’t matter if you didn’t mean any of it, that you said all of that in a fit of anger. It doesn’t matter. No, the responsibility to call it fell on you and you know it. So don’t you dare try to pin our breakup on me.” Jimin seethed out finally letting all the pent up feelings he’d had rush out.

Namjoon sat there silent for a few seconds absorbing everything Jimin had said. He knew Jimin was right, it was mainly his fault, he really was to blame for their breakup. “I’m sorry,” he replied softly knowing that would never be enough to fix what he broke.

“Yea? Well so am I. I don’t regret us breaking up anymore but I do regret our friendship breaking.” Jimin stated as he stood up and sighed, he could see how broken Namjoon was by his words even if it had all been true. “I didn’t say all that to make you feel guilty, that wasn’t my intention. I said it to prove a point. What we had is over, don’t think you can get it back. I agreed to try and be friends with you again...but I don’t think that’s possible so long as you feel guilty about the past and don’t accept that I’ve moved on. You can’t love me in that way anymore. And it seems that I also have some lingering feelings of betrayal and hatred towards you, so maybe it’s best if we don’t be friends.” Jimin continued. Namjoon was silent for a moment but then looked up and began to speak.

“I regret everything to Jimin. I regret breaking up with you. I regret losing our friendship...but I don’t think it’s completely lost. I think we can be friends again if you’re willing to forgive me and start over…” Namjoon pleaded.

“I forgive you Namjoon, I do. But I still feel betrayed. And I can’t be friends with you so long as you think you’re in love with me. Scratch that, I won’t be friends with you until you move on. I love Jungkook and it’s not fair to him if I were to try and rekindle our friendship while you still think you’re in love with me” Jimin said.

Namjoon was about to respond but then stopped as his eyes widened as he looked at something that was behind Jimin. Jimin saw Namjoon’s surprised expression and so he was about to turn around but couldn’t when a pair of arms wrapped around his waist and pulled him towards their chest.

“Kookie?” Jimin said turning his head to the side to look at Jungkook whose head lay on his shoulder.

“Hey, Minnie,” Jungkook replied with a soft

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter