Chapter 7

"You Lost Now You're Mine"
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

They entered the office with a bang. Literally. Jimin’s aunt banged the door to the office open rather loudly to announce their presence. Both Jimin’s father and Jungkook looked at both of them startled by their sudden entrance. Jimin’s aunt glared at the two startled faces before making her way over to them, Jimin still trailing behind her but silent this time.

“I never thought I’d see you again. And what’s this I hear about Jimin living with you?” His aunt questioned Jungkook who was staring at her in shock.

“Uh...well...you see...must we talk about it now?” Jungkook stuttered out looking somewhat terrified of her.

“Aunty...what’s going on?” Jimin asked, again not understanding what his aunt was doing. His aunt looked at him for a moment then sighed.

“Jimin stay here, I need to speak to Jungkook privately. And you better not say anything until I sort this out, brother.” His aunt Eunji warned his father before exiting the room. Jimin could see them conversing through the glass panels but couldn’t hear anything. He glanced over at his dad who looked equally stunned by the turn of events.

“Dad...what’s going on?” Jimin asked hoping he’d get an answer.

“Hmm...oh...I’m not actually sure Jimin.” was all he got as an answer.

“Come on dad. How do the two of you know Jungkook?” Jimin continued to question him.

“Jimin…” His dad began then sighed before asking him to sit down which Jimin did.

“Jimin, I know you want answers...but it really isn’t my place to tell you… honestly, I didn’t think we’d ever actually have to tell you…” His dad said in a tired voice.

“What do you mean by that?” Jimin didn’t like how he wasn’t getting any answers.

“Let’s not talk about this now...I’m sure your aunt will tell you when she’s done talking with Jungkook...anyway how did your talk with her go?” His dad asked diverting the topic elsewhere. Jimin could see how tired his father looked and decided he shouldn’t push for answers after all.

“It was ok...you know, you really scared me when you called me and said she’d collapsed. I thought she would be in a very bad condition, but she doesn’t seem all that bad...I mean, she did need to talk about it but not as much as I thought she would...” Jimin said.

“Sorry for scaring you. I just didn’t want her to get worse.” His dad interjected before Jimin could continue.

“It’s fine, I’m glad you called me now rather than later. She hasn’t been taken her medication and I think she needs a break from the company. She should go to Europe and just let loose for a while...actually, I think you both should, you look tired too Dad.” Jimin stated.

“I can’t Jimin the company hasn’t been doing well. I’ll arrange for your aunt to take a vacation...how long do you think she’ll need?” he asked looking dejected.

“Dad...why isn’t the company doing well?” Jimin asked instead of answering.

“We’re just having a tough time with some new competitors is all. I know I make things seem bad, but it really isn’t all that bad, we’re not going down under anytime soon...I hope.” his dad murmured with a sigh as he rubbed his eyes. Jimin could see how frail his dad looked at that moment. He had noticed how worn out his dad had looked when he first got there, but had brushed it aside in favor of seeing his aunt. Now, he realized it wasn’t just his aunt who needed to take better care of herself.

“Leave the company to me, dad, you and aunt Eunji should go on a vacation. I say you both need it and being the primary psychiatrist for both of you, you need to listen.” Jimin said with an authoritative tone. His dad looked up at him with a blank expression before simply nodding, his way of not necessarily agreeing but not disagreeing.

“I’m serious dad. I can handle the company for a few months, you both need the break, take three or four months off. I think you can afford that, you work year round and barely take any days off, not even on the holidays. And you know if I need any serious help I wouldn’t hesitate to call you.” Jimin continued trying to persuade his father.

“I know son...but I also know you don’t enjoy this line of work.” his dad said reminding him of his aunt's argument as well.

“You and aunty need to rely on me more. I’m willing to do it, so why don't you guys let me?” Jimin muttered feeling disappointed in himself for not having his loved ones rely on him.

“We care about you, we don’t want you to do things you don’t like. That’s why I never pressure you take over, and don’t expect you to when I’m gone either. You can let someone else run the company when the time comes.” His dad reasoned.

“Well, I care about you guys too! You think I like seeing you guys so tired and drained? Aunty is falling back into her depression from overworking and you just look...frail, like you’ll fall over if I touched you...I don’t like seeing you like this. Please let me help. I’ve taken care of the business before, twice actually, and I did fine.” Jimin whispered trying once more to convince his father. His father sighed before rubbing his forehead.

“...It's not about whether I think you can manage or not...I know you can...I just don't want to burden you" his father replied. But Jimin was persistent giving his father a pleading look while stating he wouldn't be burdened and that he wanted to do this.

"...Fine. We’ll take a break but only for a month.” his dad demanded.

“No. Three months. As your psychiatrist, I deem that’s the shortest amount of time you need to recover.” Jimin stated.

“...Two months then.” His dad argued.

“No, dad. Three.” Jimin insisted.

“Fine...but your aunt is not going to like this.” His dad warned.

“I’ll deal with her,” Jimin said with a smile, happy his father had agreed.

“Yea, ok I’ll reserve plane tickets to Europe then. And I’ll send you everything you need by email tomorrow, just like last time. You sure about this?” He asked making sure his son really was willing to do this for them.

“Yes of course. Like I said, I’ve done it before so don’t worry. I’ll call if I really need help.” Jimin answered with a nod.

“Ok... well maybe you should go out there and see what’s happening…your aunt looks like she’s about to kill the kid.” Jimin’s dad murmured looking at the door and so Jimin turned around to see, yes his aunt is in fact just about ready to kill Jungkook. Jimin rushed out of his seat and out the door.

“Hey! What’s going on between you two?” Jimin asked as he heard them shouting to one another. He walked up and stood in between the two, with his arms folded across his chest as a sign of disapproval.

“Nothing. Nothing at all. Jungkook is just being a brat as usual. Jimin, you should leave him while you still can” his aunt sarcastically replied as she glared daggers at Jungkook.

“Uh…” Jimin had no reply for that, mostly because he was unsure what his aunt meant by that.

“Really Jimin it’s nothing. Your aunt is just mad because I told her about the terms of our contract, and she feels I’m taking advantage of you.” Jungkook said giving his aunt an unapologetic look.

“You are taking advantage of him! He doesn’t remember you! And now thanks to your impromptu decision of visiting us while I’m not really in the right state of mind, I have to deal with the consequences.” She muttered resentfully.

“I said I’d tell him if you didn’t want to,” Jungkook replied.

“Right, like I’m going to let you twist the facts around so that he likes you more. Besides...even you don’t know the whole story. No, I have to be the one to tell him” His aunt bickered back. Jimin watched the exchange with curious eyes but also a bit of annoyance. He really felt like he’s being left in the dark and didn’t like it, at all.

“What are you two talking about? Aunty, why are you so mad? And Jungkook do we really know each other already?” Jimin asked the both of them wanting answers more than ever.

“We...yes. We knew each other.” Jungkook answered sighing in defeat. His aunt, on the other hand, said nothing still glaring but now looking at the ground.

“What? How? Why don’t I remember you?” Jimin immediately asked not really all that surprised by the information but still unclear about how it was possible. Jimin prided himself in being good at remembering things and that included people. So if he had met Jungkook before, he really didn’t think he’d forget that easily, especially if they were close, which Jimin suspected they were.

“Jimin, it’s not your fault that you don’t remember...I guess it’s time I tell you everything about this. Come with me.” Jimin’s aunt answered for Jungkook as she walked away back towards her room. Jimin glanced at Jungkook briefly who nodded at him with an encouraging smile, before he followed after his aunt.

“I never thought the day would come when I’d have to tell you all this Jimin, but since Jungkook showed up I guess I don’t have a choice now.” His aunt said with a sigh as the entered in her room once again. She made him sit down at a small dining table with four chairs and sat across from him.

“Before I start, I need you to know I never told you any of this for your own good ok? I...I need you to tell me that no matter what I say to you, you’ll still look up to me. That you won’t be disappointed in me. Promis

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter