Chapter 23

"You Lost Now You're Mine"
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jimin awoke the next day still as happy as he was the day before. He got up and did his morning routine, ready to face the day. After he brushed his teeth, he decided to give his aunt her weekly phone call. The phone rang for a bit before his aunt answered.

“Jimin! I’m so glad you called me, you know I was just about to call you.” She said in an excited voice.

“You were?” Jimin asked surprised, wondering why she was about to call him.

“Yep. But don’t worry it’s not about anything bad. Rather it’s the opposite. I heard about the Wayna corporation dropping out.” She replied.

“What? How? You and dad are supposed to stay away from the business matters!” Jimin whined to his aunt.

“I know honey, but your dad is a workaholic and can’t help himself. He wanted to check up on what was going on and how you were doing with the company, so he called his secretary for updates. I promise this is the first time he’s done it since we went on vacation, so he has been resting.” She assured.

“Hmph, so what did dad have to say about my decision?” Jimin asked a little bit of self-doubt creeping up in him.

“He’s very proud of you for handling it the way you did. You should have seen the look on his face. He was beaming and bragging to me about how capable you are. As if I didn’t already know” His aunt replied with a chuckle.

“Well, I’m glad he’s okay with it. But make sure he doesn’t start asking for daily or even weekly updates. I meant it when I said he needed a break. No company matters at all ok?”

“Alright, honey. I’ll try to keep him away from the company but no guarantees. So how have you been lately?”

“I’m well, I’ll admit that I was stressed because of the Wayna corporation but I’m good now. How about you and dad?” Jimin asked curiously.

“We’re good too. We’ve visited so many historical sites and tourist attractions. It’s all exciting but I think we’re going to use the next few days to rest up. Or at least your father is. I think I’m going to go to the beach tomorrow.” she replied adding a few other places she wanted to visit before the month was over.

“That’s cool. I’m glad you have so much planned. It sounds you are really enjoying yourself.” Jimin said with a smile as he listened to his aunt.

“Yea. I am. Your dad is too. Thank you, sweetie, for everything. The only way this vacation could be better is if you’d come along.”

“Maybe next time”

“Hmm, yea. So how is Jungkookie? And his mom?” she asked.

“Kookie is good, he helped out a lot with the company since he brought fourteen shares. His mom is doing better too. She’s more animated but still hasn’t spoken, but I think I’m starting to figure out what she might have.” Jimin answered.

“That’s great honey. I’m glad.”

“Me too.”

“So anything else you want to tell me?”

“Hmm...well...there is a few things…” Jimin started but trailed off.

“What?” she questioned.

“Um well...have I told you that Kookie and I have been on a couple of dates?” Jimin asked not remembering if he’d mentioned it to her.

“No, you didn’t. When did you two start dating?” she asked. Jimin picked up that didn’t seem to happy about it.

“We aren’t really dating yet. Just went on a couple of dates. He took me this new science museum, and then yesterday I took him ice skating.”

“Hmm...did you enjoy it?”

“Yea. I had a lot of fun on both dates.” Jimin answered smiling.

“Well that’s good I suppose.” was her reply. She really didn’t seem to approve.

“Aunty do you have a problem with me dating Kookie?” Jimin asked uncertainly.

“Not really…” she sighed, “I’m just worried.”

“About what?” Jimin asked frowning.

“Well...I always worry. When you date, you do it because you really care and love that person, but it’s not always the case for the other party.”

“Aunty, do you really think Jungkook would play with my feelings?” he asked doubting his aunt’s explanation.

“No...I think he does like you. But...well things might work out now since you’re not busy, but what happens when you do get busy? What if ends like your last relationship? You were with Namjoon for so long and then the way that ended...I just don’t want to see you hurt like that again.” she said with a sigh.

“I know, I don’t want it to happen again either. It’s one of the things holding me back from just accepting him as my boyfriend in all honesty. That and I’m not sure if I love him yet.”

“...You’ll figure it out eventually...If you want to date him, I say do it. I will always support you. And if you do end up dating I’ll just have a word with him about his responsibilities towards you.” she said with a hint of playfulness in her voice.

“Thanks, aunty,” Jimin said his smile returning.

“You’re welcome sweetie. So what else did you want to tell me?” she asked curiously.

“Um well you mentioned Namjoon, and well I saw him again recently.”

“....” the line was silent for a moment before she spoke again, “How did that go?”

“Well it was a little awkward...he...he apologized...he also said he regretted everything… and that he was still in love with me…he asked me to call him, just so we could get closure or something.” Jimin said hesitantly.

“I see...are you going to call him?”

“I think I might,” Jimin answered.

“If you think that’s what’s best then I encourage you to do it.” his aunt said her voice firm, indicating she agreed with his decision.

“Alright.” was all Jimin said. They were both silent for a while after that until his aunt spoke again and changed the topic.

“Remember how you asked me to tell you about your past last week?” she asked.

“Yea. Oh, I’ve been meaning to ask...um...do you have any pictures from that time?” Jimin questioned hoping his aunt would tell him about the file.

“Hmm...I don’t think we do. I think I threw away all the photos with Jungkook or his mom in them” she replied.

“Why?”

“Well I was afraid if you found them, they might trigger your memory, and at the time I thought it was much better you kept them suppressed since they were traumatic.”

“So there aren’t any pictures of me and Kookie?” Jimin pressed.

“No, not that I can think of it. I’m pretty sure I either burned or threw them away,” she answered.

“Hmm...ok. Thanks anyway.” Jimin said sadly, wondering why his aunt wouldn’t mention the file.

“Sorry honey. But to make up for it why don’t I tell you another story about your childhood?” she asked sounding genuinely sorry.

“Sure aunty. What’s the story about?” Jimin replied with a small sigh.

“This time it’s more about you and me, and something that happened between us when I came for a surprise visit. It was probably a month after you’d met Jungkook. I came over for a surprise visit. So when I arrived I expected you to be super surprised and come running into my arms like you always did as a kid. But when I got there you were crying. Your mom was trying to comfort you but she didn’t know what was wrong, no one did really. You were just crying for some reason and wouldn’t tell anyone. After you finally calmed down you fell asleep since it was pretty late when I arrived. Later that night I was reading when you came into my room. You climbed into bed beside me and hugged me real tightly and so I asked you what was wrong. You were silent for a little bit but then you eventually told me why you were sad. It turned out you had gotten a call from Taehyung earlier that day. H

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter