Chapter 26

"You Lost Now You're Mine"
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

After some more kissing, Jungkook and Jimin decided to just talk a bit.

“I’m taking you on another date tomorrow.” Jungkook declared all of a sudden.

“Oh really? Where?” Jimin asked wondering if Jungkook would actually tell him this time but guessing he wouldn’t.

“Hmm, you know how our dates work. They are always a surprise. But dress casually ok?” Jungkook said cheekily.

“Alright. When are we leaving?” Jimin continued.

“Early morning. Maybe around say nine?”

“But I’m usually with your mom at that time.”

“I told you to take the day off, didn’t I? Just take the weekend off all the time from now on, ok?”

“...I’ll take tomorrow off and every Sunday after that but that’s it. I don’t need two days off. Besides it’s already a flexible schedule, I can go see her whenever I want, I just like making routines and that’s why I have two sessions with her a day.” Jimin explained and Jungkook nodded.

“Okay, but I really don’t want you to overwork yourself. I know you spend a lot of time trying to diagnose her by reading those huge textbooks you have.” Jungkook said motioning to a pile of books near the bookshelf.

“I take my work seriously Jungkookie, so, of course, I’m going to spend a lot of times with books trying to diagnose your mom. By the way, I think you already know but for sure she has PTSD. I’m just trying to figure out if that’s all it is, and I don’t think so. I think she might have had some underlying conditions that might have been triggered by the event” JImin said.

“PTSD was the most common diagnosis but none of the others could get her to cope with it. Do you think you might be able to?” Jungkook asked, his voice hopeful.

“I’m thinking about a way to approach it. But...I think I need to figure out what else she has before I can really treat her. Even though she isn’t talking I think I’ve got a good idea on what else she might have. I’m thinking she could have developed Avoidant Personality Disorder, which as the name implies is a disorder where you avoid people or situations. And you’re mom really avoids a lot of people from what I’ve noticed. She doesn’t take well to strangers or even the other maids and servants you have. The only one she’s comfortable with is Tae, you, and me. I don’t really know how she feels about your dad. Also, she doesn’t go out much, just stays in her room or goes down to the garden once in awhile.” Jimin thought about what other symptoms she showed.

“Or she might have Psychosis which is characterized by hallucinations or delusions. I can’t for sure say she has been hallucinating or is delusional but I have noticed she is particularly silent during certain times when I talk to her. I mean she doesn’t talk but she does move around a lot more than before. But sometimes she just sits there focusing on some object as if she’s trying to figure something out or like she’s seeing something? I’m not sure how to explain it. But yea psychosis is a possibility...I have a few more possible diagnoses if you wanna hear them as well?” Jimin asked realizing they had strayed way off topic. Going from the topic of going on a date to what illness his mother might have. Also, Jungkook had this thoughtful expression on his face but also a bemused smile, and Jimin couldn’t understand why Jungkook would be bemused.

“Sure go on,” Jungkook said with an encouraging smile and so Jimin did.

“Alright. I also thought she might have Depersonalization-derealization disorder. Um...this disorder is mostly characterized by feeling as if you’re disconnected from reality. Like you feel you’re living in a movie or something. It’s either she has this or Psychosis I think, the only way I’ll ever know is if I can get her to talk to me about what it is she is thinking or seeing when she goes still and stares at things.” Jimin said and then stood up walking over to the painting he had gotten from Mrs. Jeon.

“And the last one I came up with recently. It’s called Todd’s Syndrome but is better known as Alice In Wonderland Syndrome. Like the book, people with this order either feel they are bigger or smaller than they really are, the objects around them shrink or grow constantly whenever they are having an episode. Usually, it’s found in children and resolves itself by adulthood, but in some cases, it can continue on into adulthood. So I really need to know if she was ever diagnosed with AIWS before, but I haven’t found it in her medical history. I wanted to rule it out but looking at this painting I think it might be a possibility. Though I really can’t be sure, since the sizes of objects in this painting aren’t too off, just enough to be noticeable. I actually didn’t notice it at all at first until I compared it with a picture I took of your mom’s room.” Jimin finished showing Jungkook the picture and a printed actual picture of the room. When you had a visual comparison it was obvious how many of the objects in the room were much bigger or smaller than they were in reality.

“Hmm, I see what you mean. Well, thanks for letting me know your thoughts. I’m actually surprised at how quick you came up with those four possible diagnoses considering you’ve only been here what two weeks? Maybe a little less? Doesn’t it usually take longer for these things?” Jungkook asked curiously remembering how all the other psychologists had taken a much longer time with their possible diagnoses.

“Well they are only possibilities, I don’t have an exact answer for you, and it’s only based on observations I’ve made. I could be completely wrong you know?” Jimin answered with a shrug.

“Okay, well I knew you were perceptive, just didn’t realize just how much. I’m impressed, Minnie. You’re working really hard to help my mom and I thank you for that. You’re a really good and wonderful person” Jungkook said putting the painting back and giving Jimin a big smile.

“Thanks and you’re welcome,” Jimin replied giving Jungkook a smile in return. Jungkook walked back to Jimin who was sitting on the bed again and gave him a hug. It was silent for a little bit before Jungkook spoke up again.

“Hey, Minnie?” He asked cautiously and Jimin hummed in response wondering what could be wrong.

“You know how you were remembering something earlier?...Do you want to talk about it now?” Jungkook asked pulling away and looking at Jimin worriedly. Jimin thought about it, was he ready to

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter